Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study is aimed to detect and PCR characterize S. aureus enterotoxin gene from mastitic cow
milk within Zaria metropolis. Four hundred and three quarter milk samples were collected from
104 lactating cows in 17 dairy hreds which included Palladan, Shika, Hanwa, Wusasa and Bomo.
The physicochemical characteristics (Temperature, PH, and Specific gravity and Titratable
acidity) and proximate composition (Moisture content, Protein content, Fat content and Ash
content of the milk were determined. The prevalence of subclinical mastitis using California
mastitis test (CMT), bacteriological analysis using standard methods, antibacterial susceptibility
and identification of the gene encoding staphylococcal enterotoxin A and B using PCR technique
were carried out. The Temperature, PH, Specific gravity and Titratable acidity of the milk ranged
from 23-370C, 4.10 – 6.97, 1.023 – 1.032 and 0.14 – 0.23 respectively. The Moisture, Ash, Fat,
and Protein content of the milk ranged from 86.99 – 87.67%, 0.66 – 0.69%, 3.22 – 3.81% and
3.13 – 3.45%. The prevalence of subclinical mastitis based on CMT reaction was (23.3%), 54
S.aureus were isolated from mastitic milk. The mean standard deviation ± of the total bacterial
count from all the locations ranged from 6.22 ± 0.10 - 6.43 ± 0.12 and for the staphylococcal
count from 2.98 ± 0.13 - 3.24 ± 0.11. The antibacterial susceptibility results shows that all the
54 S. aureus isolates were sensitive to vancomycin, norfloxacin and erythromycin (100%),
88.9% were sensitive to gentamicin and ciprofloxacin while 7.4% were sensitive to penicillin and
methicillin. Out of the 15 isolates tested for enterotoxin A and B, 2 harboured gene for SEA and
5 isolates harboured gene for SEB but none of the isolates harboured both gene for SEA and
SEB. The study concludes that further attention is needed to improve the hygienic and safety of
milk and dairy farmers should be educated on the need to control mastitis, as it may decrease
milk production and reduce the quality of the milk.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Traditional medical practice has assumed exalted status in various communities around the world (Mathabe et al., 2006). P...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Stored locust bean samples were purchased from Uselu market and analysed for their fungal load and physicochemical properties such as moistur...Continue Reading »
3. ANTIMICROBIAL ACTIVITY OF VINEGAR, HONEY, BLACK PEPPER, GINGER AND MUSHROOM EXTRACT ON WOUND ISOLATE» Abstract Suspensions of vinegar, honey, black pepper and ginger were examined for antibacterial activity against Salmonella sp., Pseudomonas sp. and E...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTERONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.2 Aim of the Study To isolate and identify . 1.3 Objectives of the Study 1. To observe different types of spot symptoms ...Continue Reading »
5. DETECTION OF HEPATITIS C AND HEPATITIS B VIRUS INFECTION AMONG PRISON INMATES AND PYCHIATRIC PATIENTS IN KADUNA METROPOLIS, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is a small enveloped virus measuring 55 65nm in size. It is a positive sense single stranded RNA ...Continue Reading »
6. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF DISINFECTANT EFFICIENCY OF ETHANOL, BLEACH AND PHENOLICS AGAINST Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus» ABSTRACTEthanol, Bleach and Phenolics are three kinds of disinfectants which have been widely used in common laboratories. In this study, a compared e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research project studies the analysis of pear and its oil. The mesocarp from edible African pear “DacryodesEdulis” were evalu...Continue Reading »
8. AVAILABILITY OF LABORATORY FACILITIES FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF SHIP BUILDING IN MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education, according to Coombs (1970) consists of two components. He classified these two compone...Continue Reading »
9. DETOXIFICATION AND ANTI-NUTRIENT REDUCTION OF JATROPHA CURCAS SEED CAKE BY FERMENTATION USING BACILLUS SPECIES» ABSTRACT Jatropha curcas seed cake is a by product generated from the oil extraction of J. curcas seed a biodiesel producing plant‘s seed. Altho...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Pages Title Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgements iv Table of Contents v List of Tables x List of Figures xi Abstr...Continue Reading »