Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study is aimed to detect and PCR characterize S. aureus enterotoxin gene from mastitic cow
milk within Zaria metropolis. Four hundred and three quarter milk samples were collected from
104 lactating cows in 17 dairy hreds which included Palladan, Shika, Hanwa, Wusasa and Bomo.
The physicochemical characteristics (Temperature, PH, and Specific gravity and Titratable
acidity) and proximate composition (Moisture content, Protein content, Fat content and Ash
content of the milk were determined. The prevalence of subclinical mastitis using California
mastitis test (CMT), bacteriological analysis using standard methods, antibacterial susceptibility
and identification of the gene encoding staphylococcal enterotoxin A and B using PCR technique
were carried out. The Temperature, PH, Specific gravity and Titratable acidity of the milk ranged
from 23-370C, 4.10 – 6.97, 1.023 – 1.032 and 0.14 – 0.23 respectively. The Moisture, Ash, Fat,
and Protein content of the milk ranged from 86.99 – 87.67%, 0.66 – 0.69%, 3.22 – 3.81% and
3.13 – 3.45%. The prevalence of subclinical mastitis based on CMT reaction was (23.3%), 54
S.aureus were isolated from mastitic milk. The mean standard deviation ± of the total bacterial
count from all the locations ranged from 6.22 ± 0.10 - 6.43 ± 0.12 and for the staphylococcal
count from 2.98 ± 0.13 - 3.24 ± 0.11. The antibacterial susceptibility results shows that all the
54 S. aureus isolates were sensitive to vancomycin, norfloxacin and erythromycin (100%),
88.9% were sensitive to gentamicin and ciprofloxacin while 7.4% were sensitive to penicillin and
methicillin. Out of the 15 isolates tested for enterotoxin A and B, 2 harboured gene for SEA and
5 isolates harboured gene for SEB but none of the isolates harboured both gene for SEA and
SEB. The study concludes that further attention is needed to improve the hygienic and safety of
milk and dairy farmers should be educated on the need to control mastitis, as it may decrease
milk production and reduce the quality of the milk.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF DISINFECTANT EFFICIENCY OF ETHANOL, BLEACH AND PHENOLICS AGAINST Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus» ABSTRACTEthanol, Bleach and Phenolics are three kinds of disinfectants which have been widely used in common laboratories. In this study, a compared e...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
3. DETOXIFICATION AND ANTI-NUTRIENT REDUCTION OF JATROPHA CURCAS SEED CAKE BY FERMENTATION USING BACILLUS SPECIES» ABSTRACT Jatropha curcas seed cake is a by product generated from the oil extraction of J. curcas seed a biodiesel producing plant‘s seed. Altho...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF THE CAPACITY OF ASPERGILLUS FLAVUS AND TRICHODERMA SP IN THE REMOVAL OF HYDROCARBONS AND HEAVY METALS FROM RAW REFINERY EFFLUENT» ABSTRACT This study assessed the capacity of two fungi AspergillusflavusandTrichodermasp.individually and synergistically to remove hydrocarbon, cadmi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTFruit juices are very nutritive, invigorating and non alcoholic beverage, which is very well liked throughout the world. Juice may be squeezed...Continue Reading »
6. AVAILABILITY OF LABORATORY FACILITIES FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF SHIP BUILDING IN MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education, according to Coombs (1970) consists of two components. He classified these two compone...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF AFLATOXIN M1 AMONG LACTATING MOTHERS AND THEIR INFANTS IN DAMATURU YOBE STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Aflatoxin M1 is a biomarker of aflatoxin B1 which is detected in breast milk, a possible risk factor for infant early exposure to Aflatoxin. ...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENT OF SOME IMMUNOLOGICAL RESPONSE TO HOOKWORM INFECTION IN PATIENTS ATTENDING SELECTED HOSPITALS IN KANO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Hookworm infection is the leading cause of maternal and child morbidity in the tropics and subtropics. The most serious consequence of hookwo...Continue Reading »
» mi ABSTRACT Normal vaginal flora contains a wide range of microorganisms. Bacterial vaginosis BV is the main reason of vaginal discharge. Many gram po...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research project studies the analysis of pear and its oil. The mesocarp from edible African pear “DacryodesEdulis” were evalu...Continue Reading »