Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 100 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
A study on schistosomiasis infection was carried out among students, farmers and fishers
(fishermen/women) from four villages in the Central River Region of The Gambia between
April and May 2017. Sample collection form were used to obtain data such as age, gender,
prior schistosomiasis infection and treatment. One hundred and ninety-five (195) blood and
192 urine samples collected from 117 females and 78 males were examined usingmicroscopy,
ELISA and PCR techniques to detect and identifyschistosome isolates from the biological
samples. Incidence of S. haematobium was 28.7% with 41.0% in males and 23.9% in females.
The highest incidence among the village was in Brikama Ba with 53.1% while the age group
6-15 years had the highest incidence of 50.0%. Schistosoma mansoni was only detected in
Jahallyvillage with 1.5 % incidence. Schistosomiasis detection was highest with ELISA (40%)
and lowest with Microscopy (24.5%). Molecular technique using Nested PCR gave 28.7%
incidence. Incidence of schistosomiasis infection was highest among the people that has never
received treatment for schistosomiasis. The high incidence of schistosomiasis indicates that
the disease is still a serious public health problem in the study area.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Onion is associated with micro organisms which are capable of causing spoilage. Onions with rots were examined microscopically. A solution of...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
3. ANTIBIOGRAM AND MICROBIAL CARRIAGE OF CAMPUS SHUTTLE DOOR HANDLES (A STUDY OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE.)» ABSTRACT The transmission of infection via fomites constitutes a major threat to public health especially in the developing countries. This study was ...Continue Reading »
4. A PRACTICAL CARRIED OUT AT X-RAY DEPARTMENT, SHEHU MUHAMMAD KANGIWA MEDICAL CENTRE (S.M.K.M.C), KADUNA POLYTECHNIC, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Diagnostic x ray is useful in detecting abnormalities within the body. They are a painless, non invasive way to help diagnose problems such a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out during the two summer seasons of 2014 and 2015 on pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) cv. California Wonder. The goals of ...Continue Reading »
6. PRODUCTION OF WINE AND BIO-ETHANOL FROM RICE BY THE CO-CULTURES OF LACTIC ACID BACTERIA ANDYEASTS UNDER SUBMERGED FERMENTATION» CHAPTER ONE 1.0INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study RiceistheseedofthemonocotplantOryzasativaofthegrassfamilyGramineae. (Kadiri et al., 2014). Ric...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF PLANTS IN THE TREATMENT OF DISEASES CAUSED BY MICRO-ORGANISM BASED IN THE NATURAL PRODUCTS» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Medicinal plants have been used for centuries as remedies for human diseases because they contain chemical co...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Moringa Oleifera seed and leaves and other parts of the plants used in Eastern Nigeria have an impressive range of multipurpose medicinal use...Continue Reading »
9. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF TWO SELECTED MEDICATED SOAP AND ONE LOCAL BLACK SOAP ON STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS FROM WOUND INFECTION» ABSTRACTTwo medicated soaps and one local soap were investigated for their antibacterial activities against Staphylococcus aureus. Identification of t...Continue Reading »
10. BIOREMEDIATION OF EFFLUENT FROM KADUNA REFINERYAND PETROCHEMICAL COMPANY USING CLADOSPORIUM SPECIES» ABSTRACT This study investigated the potential bioremediation ability of Cladosporium species in hydrocarbon contaminated wastewater. Hydrocarbon cont...Continue Reading »