Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 100 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
A study on schistosomiasis infection was carried out among students, farmers and fishers
(fishermen/women) from four villages in the Central River Region of The Gambia between
April and May 2017. Sample collection form were used to obtain data such as age, gender,
prior schistosomiasis infection and treatment. One hundred and ninety-five (195) blood and
192 urine samples collected from 117 females and 78 males were examined usingmicroscopy,
ELISA and PCR techniques to detect and identifyschistosome isolates from the biological
samples. Incidence of S. haematobium was 28.7% with 41.0% in males and 23.9% in females.
The highest incidence among the village was in Brikama Ba with 53.1% while the age group
6-15 years had the highest incidence of 50.0%. Schistosoma mansoni was only detected in
Jahallyvillage with 1.5 % incidence. Schistosomiasis detection was highest with ELISA (40%)
and lowest with Microscopy (24.5%). Molecular technique using Nested PCR gave 28.7%
incidence. Incidence of schistosomiasis infection was highest among the people that has never
received treatment for schistosomiasis. The high incidence of schistosomiasis indicates that
the disease is still a serious public health problem in the study area.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PREVALENCE OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANT LIVESTOCK ASSOCIATED STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS ISOLATED FROM NASAL PASSAGE OF HEALTHY CATTLE IN KARA MARKET OGUN STATE N...» ABSTRACT Staphylococcus aureus, ‘one of the most adaptable and virulent pathogens in modern times’ is a facultative anaerobic Gram positiv...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Tanneries are potential economic sector that uses both natural elements and synthetic chemicals concurrently. The operations releases large v...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTFish is highly nutritious with high protein content. However, it is a suitable medium for growth of microorganisms, if poorly processed (Opara...Continue Reading »
4. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF PIPEBORNE WATER AND OTHER SOURCES OF WATER WITHIN ENUGU METROPOLIS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.(INDEPENDENCE LAYOUT LOCALITY)» ABSTRACT Comparative examination of three main sources of water supply in Independence layout Enugu was carried out with a view to determine their lev...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Lots of research has been conducted on Carica papaya and its antibacterial efficacy on bacterial pathogens and this led to this study on anti...Continue Reading »
6. EVALUATION OF THE MODULATORY EFFECT OF METHANOLIC EXTRACT OF CADABA FARINOSA Forssk ON CARBONIC ANHYDRASE IN STREPTOZOTOCIN INDUCED DIABETIC RAT...» ABSTRACT Carbonic anhydrase (CA) is an ubiquitous enzyme catalyzing the reversible hydration of CO2 to HCO3 and H+. CA plays a crucial role in CO2 tra...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Microbial examination of spoilt Avocado fruits was carried out to obtained the causal organism. A total of 60 avocado from Ogbete Main market...Continue Reading »
8. BIOETHANOL PRODUCTION FROM SUGARCANE BAGASSE AND RICE STALK USING LOCAL STRAINS OF ASPERGILLUS NIGERANDSACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE AS CO-CULTURES» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at producing an alternative energy source(bioethanol)from sulphuric acid and alkaline hydrogen peroxide treated sugarcan...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION Nature has always been the mother of all treatments, which provides therapies for all illnesses and diseases. Through the process of stud...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF PLANTS IN THE TREATMENT OF DISEASES CAUSED BY MICRO-ORGANISM BASED IN THE NATURAL PRODUCTS» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Medicinal plants have been used for centuries as remedies for human diseases because they contain chemical co...Continue Reading »