Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 100 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
A study on schistosomiasis infection was carried out among students, farmers and fishers
(fishermen/women) from four villages in the Central River Region of The Gambia between
April and May 2017. Sample collection form were used to obtain data such as age, gender,
prior schistosomiasis infection and treatment. One hundred and ninety-five (195) blood and
192 urine samples collected from 117 females and 78 males were examined usingmicroscopy,
ELISA and PCR techniques to detect and identifyschistosome isolates from the biological
samples. Incidence of S. haematobium was 28.7% with 41.0% in males and 23.9% in females.
The highest incidence among the village was in Brikama Ba with 53.1% while the age group
6-15 years had the highest incidence of 50.0%. Schistosoma mansoni was only detected in
Jahallyvillage with 1.5 % incidence. Schistosomiasis detection was highest with ELISA (40%)
and lowest with Microscopy (24.5%). Molecular technique using Nested PCR gave 28.7%
incidence. Incidence of schistosomiasis infection was highest among the people that has never
received treatment for schistosomiasis. The high incidence of schistosomiasis indicates that
the disease is still a serious public health problem in the study area.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. BACTERIOLOGICAL AND PHYSICOCHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC DRINKING WATER SOURCES IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT Bacteriological and physicochemical properties of drinking water (tap, well and borehole) in Sokoto metropolis were investigated to determine...Continue Reading »
2. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF TWO SELECTED MEDICATED SOAP AND ONE LOCAL BLACK SOAP ON STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS FROM WOUND INFECTION» ABSTRACTTwo medicated soaps and one local soap were investigated for their antibacterial activities against Staphylococcus aureus. Identification of t...Continue Reading »
3. ASSESSMENT OF EXTRACELLULAR BETA-GALACTOSIDASE PRODUCTION POTENTIAL OF FUNGI ISOLATED FROM DAIRY EFFLUENT» ABSTRACT Dairy wastewater is increasingly becoming an environmental concern. There is a widespread interest in the use of beta galactosidase (EC 3.2.1...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Chlamydiae are small gram negative obligate intracellular microorganisms that preferentially infect squamocolumnar epithelial...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at investigating the microbial load and the quality of indoor air Faith Mediplex Centre, Benin City, to ascertain their ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research project studies the analysis of pear and its oil. The mesocarp from edible African pear “DacryodesEdulis” were evalu...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION Nature has always been the mother of all treatments, which provides therapies for all illnesses and diseases. Through the process of stud...Continue Reading »
8. PRODUCTION OF WINE AND BIO-ETHANOL FROM RICE BY THE CO-CULTURES OF LACTIC ACID BACTERIA ANDYEASTS UNDER SUBMERGED FERMENTATION» CHAPTER ONE 1.0INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study RiceistheseedofthemonocotplantOryzasativaofthegrassfamilyGramineae. (Kadiri et al., 2014). Ric...Continue Reading »
9. SUSCEPTIBILITIES OF Salmonella typhi AND OTHER BACTERIAL PATHOGENS TO ANTIBIOTICS AND HOT AQUEOUS EXTRACT OF Hibiscus sabdariffa» ABSTRACT The susceptibilities of Salmonella typhi and other pathogens to antibiotics and hot aqueous extract of Hibiscus sabdariffa were investigated ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTERONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.2 Aim of the Study To isolate and identify . 1.3 Objectives of the Study 1. To observe different types of spot symptoms ...Continue Reading »