Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 100 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
A study on schistosomiasis infection was carried out among students, farmers and fishers
(fishermen/women) from four villages in the Central River Region of The Gambia between
April and May 2017. Sample collection form were used to obtain data such as age, gender,
prior schistosomiasis infection and treatment. One hundred and ninety-five (195) blood and
192 urine samples collected from 117 females and 78 males were examined usingmicroscopy,
ELISA and PCR techniques to detect and identifyschistosome isolates from the biological
samples. Incidence of S. haematobium was 28.7% with 41.0% in males and 23.9% in females.
The highest incidence among the village was in Brikama Ba with 53.1% while the age group
6-15 years had the highest incidence of 50.0%. Schistosoma mansoni was only detected in
Jahallyvillage with 1.5 % incidence. Schistosomiasis detection was highest with ELISA (40%)
and lowest with Microscopy (24.5%). Molecular technique using Nested PCR gave 28.7%
incidence. Incidence of schistosomiasis infection was highest among the people that has never
received treatment for schistosomiasis. The high incidence of schistosomiasis indicates that
the disease is still a serious public health problem in the study area.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DETECTION AND PCR CHARACTERIZATION OF STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS ENTEROTOXIN GENESFROM MASTITIC COW MILK AMONG SOME DAIRY HERDS IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The study is aimed to detect and PCR characterize S. aureus enterotoxin gene from mastitic cow milk within Zaria metropolis. Four hundred and...Continue Reading »
2. DETERMINING THE POTENTIALS OF LACTIC ACID BACTERIA ISOLATED FROM NONO FOR USE AS STARTER CULTURES IN YOGHURT PRODUCTION» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at isolating, characterizing and optimizing lactic acid bacteria from „nono‟ for use as starter culture in yoghu...Continue Reading »
» BSTRACTJuice was extracted from banana (Musa sapientum) pulp with the addition of lemon juice and was inoculated with Baker’s yeast (Saccharomyces c...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF EXTRACELLULAR BETA-GALACTOSIDASE PRODUCTION POTENTIAL OF FUNGI ISOLATED FROM DAIRY EFFLUENT» ABSTRACT Dairy wastewater is increasingly becoming an environmental concern. There is a widespread interest in the use of beta galactosidase (EC 3.2.1...Continue Reading »
5. HEPATITIS C VIRUS AMONG PREGNANT WOMENPEOPLE LIVING WITH HIVAIDS ATTENDING CLINIC AT UNTH ITUKUOZALLA» ABSTRACT A total of 50 blood (30 pregnant and 20 HIV) samples were obtained from pregnant women and PLWHA attending clinic at UNTH Ituku ozalla. Sampl...Continue Reading »
6. ISOLATION AND IDENTIFICATION OF BACTERIA FROM FOOD VENDORS AND SOME VEGETABLE AVAILABLE AT OGBETE MARKET ENUGU» ABSTRACT Safety of food is a basic requirement of food quality. A total of 25 street food samples (Jollof rice, egwusi soup, ugu, water leaf and green...Continue Reading »
7. EVALUATION OF NITRATE REDUCTASE ASSAY FOR DETECTION OF MULTI-DRUG RESISTANT MYCOBACTERIUM TUBERCULOSIS AMONG PATIENTS AT NATIONAL TUBERCULOSIS REFEREN...» ABSTRACT Multi drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB) remains a major challenge for the control of tuberculosis worldwide. Susceptibility testing of Myc...Continue Reading »
8. THE DETERMINATION OF IN VITTRO ANTIBACTERIAL EFFECTS OF GARLIC (Allum sativum) AGAINST Staphylococcus aureus ISOLATED FROM BURN WOUNDS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It has been known throughout history that garlic has always been in use worldwide by various ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION: Nematodes are tiny, thread like worms measuring 0.0 15 inch to 0.187 inch in length. They are either free living parasit...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 Introduction1.1 Background of the Study The number of people with high blood pressure is in the increase and research has shown that th...Continue Reading »