Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 100 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
A study on schistosomiasis infection was carried out among students, farmers and fishers
(fishermen/women) from four villages in the Central River Region of The Gambia between
April and May 2017. Sample collection form were used to obtain data such as age, gender,
prior schistosomiasis infection and treatment. One hundred and ninety-five (195) blood and
192 urine samples collected from 117 females and 78 males were examined usingmicroscopy,
ELISA and PCR techniques to detect and identifyschistosome isolates from the biological
samples. Incidence of S. haematobium was 28.7% with 41.0% in males and 23.9% in females.
The highest incidence among the village was in Brikama Ba with 53.1% while the age group
6-15 years had the highest incidence of 50.0%. Schistosoma mansoni was only detected in
Jahallyvillage with 1.5 % incidence. Schistosomiasis detection was highest with ELISA (40%)
and lowest with Microscopy (24.5%). Molecular technique using Nested PCR gave 28.7%
incidence. Incidence of schistosomiasis infection was highest among the people that has never
received treatment for schistosomiasis. The high incidence of schistosomiasis indicates that
the disease is still a serious public health problem in the study area.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF DIFFERENT CARBON SOURCES ON THE GROWTH OF ANTIMICROBIAL PRODUCING Bacillus Species IN Citrillus vugaris.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Traditional fermented condiments (OGIRI EGUSI) based on vegetable proteins are consumed by different ethnic groups in Nig...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Moringa Oleifera seed and leaves and other parts of the plants used in Eastern Nigeria have an impressive range of multipurpose medicinal use...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research project studies the analysis of pear and its oil. The mesocarp from edible African pear “DacryodesEdulis” were evalu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Water is one of the indispensable resources for the continued existence of all living things including man. The provision of an adequate supp...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION: Nematodes are tiny, thread like worms measuring 0.0 15 inch to 0.187 inch in length. They are either free living parasit...Continue Reading »
» mi ABSTRACT Normal vaginal flora contains a wide range of microorganisms. Bacterial vaginosis BV is the main reason of vaginal discharge. Many gram po...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Stored locust bean samples were purchased from Uselu market and analysed for their fungal load and physicochemical properties such as moistur...Continue Reading »
8. BIOETHANOL PRODUCTION FROM SUGARCANE BAGASSE AND RICE STALK USING LOCAL STRAINS OF ASPERGILLUS NIGERANDSACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE AS CO-CULTURES» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at producing an alternative energy source(bioethanol)from sulphuric acid and alkaline hydrogen peroxide treated sugarcan...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study on the microbial assessment of expired canned milk products was conducted in Imo State between the months of June to October, 2012...Continue Reading »
10. ISOLATION AND IDENTIFICATION OF BACTERIA FROM FOOD VENDORS AND SOME VEGETABLE AVAILABLE AT OGBETE MARKET ENUGU.» ABSTRACT Safety of food is a basic requirement of food quality. A total of 25 street food samples (Jollof rice, egwusi soup, ugu, water leaf and green...Continue Reading »