Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 100 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
A study on schistosomiasis infection was carried out among students, farmers and fishers
(fishermen/women) from four villages in the Central River Region of The Gambia between
April and May 2017. Sample collection form were used to obtain data such as age, gender,
prior schistosomiasis infection and treatment. One hundred and ninety-five (195) blood and
192 urine samples collected from 117 females and 78 males were examined usingmicroscopy,
ELISA and PCR techniques to detect and identifyschistosome isolates from the biological
samples. Incidence of S. haematobium was 28.7% with 41.0% in males and 23.9% in females.
The highest incidence among the village was in Brikama Ba with 53.1% while the age group
6-15 years had the highest incidence of 50.0%. Schistosoma mansoni was only detected in
Jahallyvillage with 1.5 % incidence. Schistosomiasis detection was highest with ELISA (40%)
and lowest with Microscopy (24.5%). Molecular technique using Nested PCR gave 28.7%
incidence. Incidence of schistosomiasis infection was highest among the people that has never
received treatment for schistosomiasis. The high incidence of schistosomiasis indicates that
the disease is still a serious public health problem in the study area.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The use of the leaves, stem and bark of the plants for medicinal purposes is an age long practice. Also in the modern tim...Continue Reading »
2. THE DETERMINATION OF IN VITTRO ANTIBACTERIAL EFFECTS OF GARLIC (Allum sativum) AGAINST Staphylococcus aureus ISOLATED FROM BURN WOUNDS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It has been known throughout history that garlic has always been in use worldwide by various ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Yogurt is a fermented milk product that contains the characteristics of bacterial cultures lactobacillus bulgaricus and s...Continue Reading »
4. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF PIPEBORNE WATER AND OTHER SOURCES OF WATER WITHIN ENUGU METROPOLIS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.(INDEPENDENCE LAYOUT LOCALITY)» ABSTRACT Comparative examination of three main sources of water supply in Independence layout Enugu was carried out with a view to determine their lev...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.; Division Anthophyta; Class Dicotyledoneae; Order Solanales) is an agr...Continue Reading »
6. DETECTION OF HEPATITIS C AND HEPATITIS B VIRUS INFECTION AMONG PRISON INMATES AND PSYCHIATRIC PATIENTS IN KADUNA METROPOLIS, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT There is high risk of contracting hepatitis B and C among individuals with psychotic disorders due to lifestyle factors and prisoners globall...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at investigating the microbial load and the quality of indoor air Faith Mediplex Centre, Benin City, to ascertain their ...Continue Reading »
8. A SURVEY OF THE ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF THYMUS VULGARIS AND MYRISTICA FRAGRANS ON STREPTOCOCUSS PNEUMONIAE AND PSEUDOMONAS AERUGINOSA» ABSTRACT The aqueous and ethanolic extracts of the leaves of Thymus vulgaris (thyme) and the seeds of Myristica fragrans (nutmeg) were screened for th...Continue Reading »
9. CHARACTERIZATION OF SALMONELLA SPECIES AND DETERMINATION OF BASELINE ANTIBODY TITRE AMONG APPARENTLY HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to determine the baseline antibody titre, isolate and characterize Salmonella species from apparently healthy indivi...Continue Reading »
10. PRODUCTION OF WINE AND BIO-ETHANOL FROM RICE BY THE CO-CULTURES OF LACTIC ACID BACTERIA ANDYEASTS UNDER SUBMERGED FERMENTATION» CHAPTER ONE 1.0INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study RiceistheseedofthemonocotplantOryzasativaofthegrassfamilyGramineae. (Kadiri et al., 2014). Ric...Continue Reading »