Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Urine Sample from pregnant women were analysed for bacteriuria. The result of irinalysis reveals the appearance –yellow and Cloudy, pH 6.0, protein-ve, Glucose-ve,Blood-ve, Urobilinogen. Normal, Ketone-ve, Nitrate tve, Bilirubin-ve, Ascobic acid –ve in some of the samples. The result of urine microscopy reveal pus cells. 4-6/HPF, Epithelial cell +++, red cells nil, yeast cells nil, crystal nil. Bacterial isolated from the culture include. Staphylococcus aureus, Escheriachia Coli, Klebsiella Spp. The sensitivity test conducted gave the following results. Staphylococcus aureus was sensitive to streptomycin(++), Ciprofloxacin (+++), Amoclox(+) and resistant to cefuroxine. Klebsiella Spp was sensitive to Ciprofloxine (+++) Ofloxacin (++) and resistant to streptomycin, Ampicillin, Ceporex and Nalidixic acid. Eschriachia Coli was sensitive to gentamycin (++), Ofloxacin (+++), Streptomycin (+++) and resistant to Amoxlox and Ampicillin.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Objective Of Study
2.1 Literature Review
2.2 Definition UTI
2.3 Asymptomatic Bacteria
2.4 Acute Systitis
2.5 Signs And Symptoms Include
2.6 Accute Pyleonlenephritis
2.7 Vaginal Infections
2.8 Morbidity And Mortality Concern
2.10 Causes Of Infection
2.12 International Statistics
2.13 Race, age, and UTI and pregnancy
2.13 Clinical Presentation
2.14 Physical Examination
2.16 Etiology Of Uti Pregnancy
A limited spectrum of organisms cause UTI and these include Escherichia Coli, which accounts for the majority of uncomplicated urinary tract infection Isolates. (crupta, et al, 2001). Others are Staphylococcus Saprophyticus, Klebsiella Spp, Proteus Spp, Enterococcus Spp and Enterobacter Spp (Massinde, , et al 2009).
Data on the current distribution and antimicrobial Isolates from pregnant women in Tanania is limited .
Urinary tract infections refer to the presence of microbial pathogen within the urinary tract and it is usually classified by the infection site, bladder (Cystitis), kidney (Pyelonephritis or urine (Bacteria) and also can be a Asymptomatic or symptomatic (UTI) that occur in a normal genitourinary tract with no prior instrumentation are considered as “Uncomplication” whereas “Complicated” Infections are diagnosed in genitourinary tracts that have structural or functional abnormalities Urethral catheters, and are frequently asymptomatic (3,4) (kriptke, 2005).
It has been estimated that globally symptomatic (UTIS) result in as many as 7 millions visits to out patient clinic, 1 million visits to emergency departments, and 100,000 hospitalization annually (5) (chin et al 2011).
Many different microorganisms can cause urinary tract infection (UTIS), though the most common pathogens causing the simple ones in the community are Esherichia Coli and other Enterobacteriacae, which accounts approximately 75% of the isolates (Kebira et al, 2009).
In complicated Urinary tract infections and hospitalized patients, organisms such as Enterococcuss Faecalis and Highly resistant, gram-ve rods including Pseudomoinas Spp. are comparatively more common. The relative frequency of the pathogens varies depending upon age, sex, catheterization and hospitalization.
Urinary tract infection cases is often started empirically an therapy is based on information determined from the antimicrobial resistance pattern of the urinary pathogen. However, a large proportion of uncontrolled antibiotic usage has contributed to the emergency of resistant bacterial Infections (7-10). As a result, the prevalence of antimicrobial resistance among urinary track has been increasing world wide. (Biadglegene. et al, 2009).
Associated resistance i.e, the fact that a bacterium resistant to one antibiotics is often much more likely to be resistant to other antibiotics, drastically decreases the chances of getting a second empirical attempt right. Resistance rates to the most common prescribe drugs used in the treatment of (UTI) vary considerably in different areas, world-wide. The estimation of local etiology and susceptibility profile could support the most effective empirical treatment. Therefore, investigating epidemiology of (UTIS), the prevalence risk factors, are bacterial isolates and antibiotics sensitivity is fundamental for care givers and health planner to guide the expected intervention.
OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
Ø The aim of this study was to determine bacterial etiology agent and evaluate their invitro susceptibility pattern to commonly used antimicrobial agents.
Ø To identify the bacteria Isolates.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENTS OF ONCHOCERCA VOLVULUS INFECTION IN HUMANS AND BLACKFLIES AND ONCHOCERCIASIS RESPONSE TO IVERMECTIN AMONG VILLAGERS AROUND GURARA DAM, K...» ABSTRACT A study on the assessment of Onchocercavolvulus infection in humans and blackflies and the onchocerciasis response to ivermectin therapy amon...Continue Reading »
2. EFFICACY OF ARTESUNATE IN THE TREATMENT OF URINARY SCHISTOSOMIASIS AT UMUIKWU- ANAM COMMUNITY IN ANAMBRA WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ANAMBRA STATE, ...» ABSTRACT A study on the efficacy of artesunate in the treatment of urinary schistosomiasis at Umuikwu Anam community, Anambra West Local Government ar...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.; Division Anthophyta; Class Dicotyledoneae; Order Solanales) is an agr...Continue Reading »
4. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF PIPEBORNE WATER AND OTHER SOURCES OF WATER WITHIN ENUGU METROPOLIS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.(INDEPENDENCE LAYOUT LOCALITY)» ABSTRACT Comparative examination of three main sources of water supply in Independence layout Enugu was carried out with a view to determine their lev...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION: Nematodes are tiny, thread like worms measuring 0.0 15 inch to 0.187 inch in length. They are either free living parasit...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Chapter Title Pages Cover page Title Page Declaration Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of Contents List of Ta...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Ugba also called ukpaka is a popular food delicacy in Nigeria especially among Ibo ethnic group. It is rich in protein an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Chlamydiae are small gram negative obligate intracellular microorganisms that preferentially infect squamocolumnar epithelial...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTS OF ETHANOL LEAVES EXTRACT OF Jatropha tanjorensis ON HAEMATOLOGICAL INDICES OF MALE ALBINO WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the effects of ethanol leaves extract of Jatropha tanjorensis on haematological indices of mature albi...Continue Reading »
10. THE MICROBIOLOGICAL QUALITY CONTROL OF SOYMILK BEVERAGE SOLD IN INSITITUE OF MANGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY CAMPUS 3 ENUGU.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The three basic needs of man are food shelter and clothing but food has been proved to be the most important. Food has been d...Continue Reading »