Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The samples of male and female body surfaces in Osun State Polytechnic Iree were collected for culturing analysis. Two fungi were isolated and identified from all the skin surface samples collected and were Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Aspergillus niger.
Fungi are a major group of living things, originally considered plants lacking chlorophyll, leaves, true stems, roots and reproducing by spores, but now treated as the separate kingdom fungi.
They occur in all environments on the planet and include important decomposers and parasites. Parasitic fungi infect animals including human, other animals, birds, and insects with consequences varying from mild itching to death, in general, humans have a high level of inmate immunity to fungi and most of the infections they cause are mild and self limiting (Adeleke, 2006).
Fungi are contacted during our everyday routines, some which are potentially pathogenic to human and other not human could be exposed simply by walking by a construction areas were the oil has been disturbed and scattered into the wind by the machinery, also can be exposed while jogging, hiking, hunting and fishing. The study of fungi as animal and human pathogen is called mycology (Emmons 1979)
Also, they are eukaryotic, unicellular, or multi-cellular organisms that, because they lack chlorophyll, are dependent upon external food sources. They are ubiquitous in all environments and play a vital role in the Earth’s ecology by decomposing organic matter. Familiar fungi includes yeasts, rusts, smuts, mushrooms, puffballs, and bracket fungi. Many species of fungi live as commensal organisms in or on the surfaces of the human body. “Mold” is the common term for multicellular fungi that growths as a material of intertwined microscopic filaments (hyphae). Exposure of molds and other fungi and their spores is unavoidable except when the most stringent of air filtration, isolation, and environmental sanitation measures are observed, e.g in organ transplant isolation units.
Molds and other fungi may adversely affect human health through three processes. (1) allergy (2) infection and (3) toxicity. One can estimate that about 10% of the population has allergic antibodies to fungal antigens. Only half of these, or 5%, would be expected to show clinical illness. Furthermore, outdoor molds are generally more abundant and important in airway allergic disease than indoor molds leaving the latter with an important, but minor over all role in allergic airway disease.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Stored locust bean samples were purchased from Uselu market and analysed for their fungal load and physicochemical properties such as moistur...Continue Reading »
2. ANTIBIOGRAM AND MICROBIAL CARRIAGE OF CAMPUS SHUTTLE DOOR HANDLES (A STUDY OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE.)» ABSTRACT The transmission of infection via fomites constitutes a major threat to public health especially in the developing countries. This study was ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Moringa Oleifera seed and leaves and other parts of the plants used in Eastern Nigeria have an impressive range of multipurpose medicinal use...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION Nature has always been the mother of all treatments, which provides therapies for all illnesses and diseases. Through the process of stud...Continue Reading »
5. AVAILABILITY OF LABORATORY FACILITIES FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF SHIP BUILDING IN MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education, according to Coombs (1970) consists of two components. He classified these two compone...Continue Reading »
6. A PRACTICAL CARRIED OUT AT X-RAY DEPARTMENT, SHEHU MUHAMMAD KANGIWA MEDICAL CENTRE (S.M.K.M.C), KADUNA POLYTECHNIC, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Diagnostic x ray is useful in detecting abnormalities within the body. They are a painless, non invasive way to help diagnose problems such a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The Citrus sinensis popularly known as sweet orange seed in Igbo of Nigeria is of the Rutaceae family. The seed is best sown ...Continue Reading »
8. OPTIMIZING ALPHA AMYLASE PRODUCTION FROM LOCALLY ISOLATED Aspergillus species USING SELECTED AGRO WASTES AS SUBSTRATES» ABSTRACT α Amylase are enzymes that are used in the degradation of starch. This study focuses on optimizing the production of α Amylase us...Continue Reading »
9. A SURVEY OF MALARIA VECTORS AND PARASITES IN AGUOWA COMMUNITY, ENUGU - EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ENUGU STATE, SOUTH EASTERN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study set out to determine the presence of mosquito vectors of malaria, prevalent Plasmodium species as well as some blood parameters rel...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Ugba also called ukpaka is a popular food delicacy in Nigeria especially among Ibo ethnic group. It is rich in protein an...Continue Reading »