Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Extraction is the process by which substances are removed from their original component or raw state. Hence, juice extraction may be defined as the removal of juice from fruits; the juice is separated from the skin or chaff. In order to achieve juice extraction, force is needed and the force depends on the nature or structure of the fruits from which the juice is to be extracted (Aikhonbare, 2003).
The pineapple fruits needs more force compare to other types of fruits such as pawpaw, orange, banana etc for extraction of the juice because of its thickness of fruits skin.
It is being observed by past researchers that over 50% of different kind of fruits produced by fruits farmers in Nigeria is usually wasted yearly due to lack of efficient storage facilities after those fruits have been harvested .
During the early age, juice extraction was done manually by means of mouth sucking and hand squeezing. The storage of fruits does not last long due to lack of preservative measures; hence fruits were only available for consumption during harvest season. With this situation, there were no extraction and preservation of fruit juice for future uses .
The only solution to fruit storage problem is the extraction of juice from fruits. After extraction, the juice may be stored in rubber bottle or any packaging with or without preservative chemicals. Hence, there is need for developing a portable pineapple juice extractor, since pineapple is useful as an entertainment refreshment and nourishment to the Nigerian family .
The aim of this research work is to make a motorized pineapple juice extractor from locally available materials.
The specific objectives of the work are:
1. To design a pineapple juice extractor using standard design procedure.
2. To construct the pineapple juice extractor machine.
3. To test the pineapple juice extractor and to evaluate its performance.
1.4 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Fruits are seasonal; they are not available throughout the year. Hence, the need to construct a machine that can extract juice in order to enable availability and storage at all time, the need for designing and constructing a fruit juice extracting machine with high efficiency becomes necessary.
1.5 SCOPE OF STUDY
The motorized operated pineapple juice extractor is a machine used in extracting juice and is operated using a DC motor. The research work is limited to the design, construction and testing of the portable pineapple juice extractor using an electric motor.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
This work increase technology development and will make youths in Nigeria self reliant in production of various food processing equipment through research and production of locally material or equipment to meet the needs of our people. It will also create self-development, self-worth hence increase income and create employment for skilled, semi-skilled youths of this country.
The methodology used in the project involves;
1. Literature review on the subject area through the use of journals, past projects, the internet and textbooks.
2. Market survey.
3. Selection of materials for the project based on suitability of the material, mechanical properties, their resistance to corrosion and availability in the local market.
4. The construction and testing will involve appropriate machine processes and procedures such as measuring, cutting, welding, grinding etc.
This machine is designed mainly for the extraction of juice from succulent fruits like pineapple. It cannot be used for extracting oil. It is designed for squeezing of fruits not for pressing.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The quest to operate at the cutting edge of technology is a worthwhile effort but requires intensive research and brilliant implementation of...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Alloys are combinations of two or more metals with the purpose of improving its mechanical and chemical properties, but majority of the time ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In recent years, Nigeria lays strong emphasis on the manufacturing of both industrial and household products within the c...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Acknowledgement iv Table of contents v Abstract vi CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION Backgroun...Continue Reading »
5. APPRAISAL OF THE UTILIZATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING AUTOELECTRICTY TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN NIGER STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTMan’s imp act on global environment system especially in the area of dust extraction is now at a scale where it is disrupting. These dust ex...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The bookshelf had been successfully constructed. It was initiated so as to address the poor keeping of students’ files in various offic...Continue Reading »
8. MANUFACTURING SYSTEM OPTIMIZATION: A STUDY OF UNITY AND EFFICIENCY IN PRODUCTION (UEP) IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA (PAN)» ABSTRACTTheaim of this study is to investigate why the implementation of Unity and Efficiency in Production(UEP)is not yielding the expected results i...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Project Typically, a winding machine winds a material such as metal wire, thread, or paper, onto a core, spool, or ...Continue Reading »
10. INHIBITION EVALUATION OF CHEMICAL AND PLANT EXTRACTS ON THE CORROSION OF METALLIC ALLOYS IN ACIDIC ENVIRONMENT» ABSTRACT Numerous failures and eventual losses in the chemical industry have been traced to corrosion processes. Failures resulting from the inability...Continue Reading »