Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 41 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Camp bed is used universally for relaxation, emergency eases such as war and in other several ways, and it is the acknowledgement of these resources that led to the design of the foldable camp – bed. All the existing foldable camp bed, have almost the same dimension but differ in design. Some use rope and ailets while the modern design make use of wood and spring. Some other are constructed using straight bars, pipes of angle iron.
1.10 LIMITATION OF ALREADY EXISTING FOLDABLE CAMP – BED
Some foldable camp beds are made of Iron bars which are too heavy and cannot be carried with ease. Most existing foldable camp – bed are cumbersome to carry because their lengths which are normally six feet or 183 meters or 1830mm.
Some of the materials used for fabrication of the foldable camp bed may not be locally got and this affects its prince, making its availability to become more rare.
In the market, design that make use of springs to hold the improvised materials or even wood are found. But when the spring fill off, its efficiency is reduced and this make it more profitable to make use of wood than spring to hold improvised mattress.
DESIGN SPECIFICATION OF THE FOLDABLE CAMP BED
It is high in weight
It can be produced locally
It is portable
It has an in built head rest which is adjustable. The tarpaulin material used in folding the foam to the wood can be easily removed along with the wood for cleaning.
It is could carry a person up to 75kg in weight. Pipes (square) used are made of galvanized steel and also the angle Iron used is made if galvanized steel both painted with aluminum oil paint to avoid corrosion.
It is easy to manipulate.
All these specification put together make this project a viable one that can compete favorably with any existing foldable camp bed and also eliminate the limitations posses by earlier designers.
From history, the second world war ended in 1945 and this resulted to serious damage to the Ozone layer which was developed from heavy bombardments in throshima Japan and other type of Europe like Berlin in Germany. As a result of this bombardments many people rendered homeless and they started looking for ways to make the situation quite relatively less harsh and this lead to the invention of the first model of foldable camp bed by George Bedmanson in 1947.
Progressively foldable camp bed became widely used in all sphere of life ranging from camping, picnic relaxation, emergency cases such as war so on foldable camp bed as first found in Africa in Aswan, Egypt at about 1958 and in Nigeria at lags Lagoon, a place now known as Bar Beach, it was believe to have been brought by expatriates from Europe and American.
Nowadays foldable camp bed can be found almost everywhere like homes, hotel, swimming pools, picnic arena and so on. Simultaneously the camp bed has undergone serious of modification in order to meet the world standard. The first foldable camp – bed was made of Iron bars welded flat to four stands and covered with Jute material. The integration of certain properties caused it to be replaced by hardwood. But hardwood could not stand the test of time due to wear and lack of other desirable properties, hater, light mild steel pipe of different diameter were used. More of the technical invention were concentrated to arrest technology and human constraints as well as aesthetic sensibility. However, the introduction of Aluminum and Duralumin pipes (Duralumin is an alloy of Aluminum, copper, magnesium and magnates) brought a lot of designs and reliability as well as comfort, more so the jute material used as cover was replaced with tarpaulin or imitation leather and later with soft mattress and other bedding.
Models of the first foldable bed can be found in museums in places like Paris (France) and Manchester laboratory, England. This camp bed was fabricated based on factors like bed cost of finished product and the need of customers with much consideration in marketing competition.
Conclusively, in a bid to tackle the problem of competition in the market, mechanical properties of the mater5ials were taken into consideration. These included weldability, portability, strength and impact resistance according to functional requirement.
2.10 COMPNENT PARTS OF THE FOLDABLE CAMP BED
The foldable camp bed is basically composed of the following parts.
THE ANGLE IRON, THE CATCHER, THE COVER AND SQUARE PIPE.
2.11 THE ANGLE IRON
This is the major component of the frame. The vertical and horizontal top rest is made up of 1/5 inch or 15mm by diameter.
2.12 THE CATCHER
The catcher is reverted to the head rest and through a river on the anterior stand. The headrest can be adjusted easily. It is Amm thick and made of high carbon steel.
2.13 THE COVER
The cover is made of wood folded with tarpauline. The cover is the part of the bed on which one lies.
2.14 THE ANC
This is the basic component that was used in forming the stand of the foldable camp bed. It is 4mm thick with different lengths.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title Page CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study 1 1.2 Statement of Problem 3 1.3 Objectives of Study 4 1.4 Scope and Lim...Continue Reading »
» CONSTRUCTION OF AN EXTERNAL CALIPER Table of contents Title page Chapter one Introduction Background CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW CHAPTER THREE: MET...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATION OF THE MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF POLYPROPYLENE/CALCIUM CARBONATE NANOCOMPOSITE AT VARIOUS CREEP CONDITIONS» ABSTRACT The mechanical properties of Polypropylene and Polypropylene/Calcium Carbonate nanocomposites were evaluated. Data on the influence of Calciu...Continue Reading »
4. APPRAISAL OF THE UTILIZATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING AUTOELECTRICTY TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN NIGER STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND SIMULATE A MECHANICAL AGITATOR THAT CAN BE USED TO SUPPLEMENT PAINT MIXING WITH STANDARD PLANT FACILITIES» CHAPTER 1 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Work Mixing is the process of thoroughly combining different materials to produce a homogenous produc...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCT AN HANDHELD MAGNETIC METAL DETECTOR FOR THE PURPOSE OF DETECTING, LANDMINES, METAL TREASURES, ORE BY MINERS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Information In the beginning metal detectors, couldn’t pick up everything deeper than one inch down. Thi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTMan’s imp act on global environment system especially in the area of dust extraction is now at a scale where it is disrupting. These dust ex...Continue Reading »
8. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN WELDING AND FABRICATION TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES OF KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL ON OPERATIONAL COST OF THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY (A Case Study of Nigeria Bottling Company Plc,)» ABSTRACT This research work was designed to examine at the impact of production planning and control in manufacturing company as a primary function of...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Sequel to the earlier works by Omenyi et al which established the role of surface thermodynamics in various biological processes from the ele...Continue Reading »