Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is based on the construction of a double bunk bed which will serve a great place for resting and sleeping. It is done with available local materials which are affordable to an average person. It is also detachable in order that it can be easily transported from one place to another. It was constructed using a (pure black) square pipe of 2 by 1 with dimension of 47mm by 25mm, 1 by 1 of dimension 26mm by 26mm and a 1½ inch square pipe of dimension 37mm by 37mm. the overall height of the bunk bed is constructed to be 5ft.
LIST OF ABBREVIATION
MM - Millimeter
Bunk bed is a type of bed in which one frame of bed is stacked on top of another, allowing two or more beds to occupy the floor space usually required by just one; they are commonly seen in the military camps, schools, hostels, prisons and even at places of residences.
Bunk beds are normally supported by four (4) poles or pillars, one at each corner of the bed. A ladder is used to get to the upper bed, which is normally surrounded by a railing to prevent anyone sleeping on it from falling out.
However, the type of design constructed is a type in which the upper bunk is smaller in width than the lower bunk, which makes the bunk bed to have a slope in the two front pillars to let bed fit into the two bunks. In the construction process a lot of welding and fabrication were done and in the field of engineering, the importance of fabrication cannot be over emphasized. This is because the construction of structures, building, bridges and many other.
Plant equipment which is relevant to man’s use are all products of metals. Metal can be either ferrous (contain iron) non-ferrous (contain little or no iron). Bunk bed frame is not an exception of what metal can be use to produce in the society. This is because of the comfort it will provide to man and how long it will last for use, the type of metal use in constructing this bunk bed is a square pipe (pure black), this is because of it ductility with it high malleable property.
1.1 The purpose of the Construction
The following are the purpose of constructing this project;
1. To construct a double bunk bed that has the different size of the two frames.
2. To construct a double bunk bed that can detachable when the need for transportation arises.
3. To create a double bunk that has a larger bed space at the lower level and a smaller bed space at the upper level.
1.2 Importance of the Project
The importance of the construction of this double bunk bed is to achieve a bunk bed that has different size of the two frames whereby the size of the upper and lower frame are 8 springs and 12 spring respectively.
Table 1.1: Various sizes of bed and their dimension
33 inch by 75 inch
8 spring bed
36 inch by 75 inch
10 spring bed
42 inch by 75 inch
12 spring bed
54 inch by 75 inch
All the sizes of bed listed in the Table above have the same length, which is 75inch but varies in width. This simply means that the frame for the upper and lower must also have equal length but should be different in width according to their dimensions.
1.3 Scope and Limitation
The constriction of this double bunk bed is specially for domestic use or application due to its space minimizing ability. The limitation surrounding this project is solution of materials because the replicas of original product are more available in the market than the original ones.
1.4 Statement of the Problem
The main reason for the construction of a double bunk bed is just to help solve the problem of too much space consumption. In most schools hostels where there will be up to maximum of 4 students or in the military camp where there will be more than one person living in a room due to the little capacity of the hostel or camp to accommodate one person per room, each person will be having his or her own sleeping bed and in a situation where by there are two or more people living in a room with all having their beds, there might be little or no space left anymore in the room because only the bed will occupy almost all the space in the room, but if a bunk bed is introduce in a room like that it will help to minimize the space. Allowing other space for other thing or other materials. Apart from space minimizing which is the main function it also help to decorate and beautify a room.
1.5 Contribution to Knowledge
This project (construction of a double bunk bed) has thought us the technical knowhow of welding and filling machines. A lot of cutting and joining is done during this project, and all the component needed for welding which are thought in the class such as the welding thug, electrode, filler wire their applications are done practice dry. It also contributed to a great extent on how to measure using meter, feat, inches and cutting of the material using both filling machine and hand saw.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. APPRAISAL OF THE UTILIZATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING AUTOMOBILE TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES, KANO (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED S...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
2. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING THE MANAGEMENT OF AUTOMOBILE WORKSHOPS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN NIGER STATE» Title page i Certification ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi List of figures x List of tables xi Abstract xii C...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Extraction is the process by which substances are removed from their original component or raw state. Hence, j...Continue Reading »
4. MANUFACTURING SYSTEM OPTIMIZATION: A STUDY OF UNITY AND EFFICIENCY IN PRODUCTION (UEP) IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA (PAN)» ABSTRACTTheaim of this study is to investigate why the implementation of Unity and Efficiency in Production(UEP)is not yielding the expected results i...Continue Reading »
5. EVALUATION OF THE MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF POLYPROPYLENE/CALCIUM CARBONATE NANOCOMPOSITE AT VARIOUS CREEP CONDITIONS» ABSTRACT The mechanical properties of Polypropylene and Polypropylene/Calcium Carbonate nanocomposites were evaluated. Data on the influence of Calciu...Continue Reading »
6. PRODUCTION OF A DEMONSTRATION PROTOTYPE FUEL SUPPLY SYSTEM IN OTHER TO ENHANCE THE LEARNING PROCESS OR TO GIVE A REAL PRACTICAL INSIGHT TO AUTOMOBILE ...» In the past very little empirical research or project has been carried out to improve the effectiveness of student technical and practical know out. T...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The pan typed granulating machine is a modern machine designed for producing granular fertilizer. It is essentially made up of a granulating ...Continue Reading »
8. IMPLEMENTING TOTAL PRODUCTION MAINTENANCE IN NIGERIA MANUFACTURING COMPANY (DELTA STEEL COMPANY AS A CASE STUDY)» ABSTRACT Companies around the world spend a lot of money on buying new equipment to increase production but a little is done to get hundred percent ou...Continue Reading »
9. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF SAFETY PRACTICES IN TECHNICAL WORKSHOP/ LABORATORY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGE MALALI KADUNA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »