Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 79 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Project
Typically, a winding machine winds a material such as metal wire, thread, or paper, onto a core, spool, or bobbin. There are several different types of winding machines, from simple manual feed machines to complex computer-numeric-control (CNC) machines. Some of the more common uses for winding machines are coil winding, rope winding, and continuous filament winding. Many industries use these devices, including textile, electronics, and wire industries (Pansini, 2009).
A manual winding machine usually has a core on a spindle and the user feeds wire, rope, or other material onto the core. The user controls the spindle speed and feeds the material through user hand, guiding it to control the tension and load pattern. These simple machines may be of a bench-top size or large stand-alone winder. Winding machines may be used for transformer or motor (Henry, 2011).
Transformer rewinding machine is a machine for rewinding coil in a transformer. This transformer rewinding machine is one of types of winding machine that is available in industries today. The transformer rewinding machine can be classified according to speed levels and capacity. From multi speeded machines to medium, large and extra-large machines, these machines come in various types and categories, performing a range function and can be manual, automatic, analogue or digital (Peri, 2010).
Transformer rewinding machine with digital display design is dictated by a coil’s complexity, material tension limitations, machine versatilities, and automation/operator intervention, production volume and budgetary considerations (Bill, 2013).
1.2 Problem Statement
The problem to be solved in this project will include;
1. The design an automatic transformer rewinding machine
2. Integrating a digital counter into the transformer rewinding machine
3. Sourcing of local components for construction of automatic transformer rewinding machine
4. Production of a user friendly and easy to operate automatic transformer rewinding machine
1.3 Objectives of the project
The aim of this project is to design and construct a transformer rewinding machine with digital counter.
Basically, this project has four main objectives;
1. To design an automatic transformer rewinding machine
2. To integrate a digital counter into the transformer rewinding machine
3. To source local components for construction of automatic transformer rewinding machine
4. To produced a user friendly and easy to operate automatic transformer rewinding machine
1.4 Scope and Limitation
The design of the machine will be limited to a table size winding machine. This study limited its scope for winding coils of small transformers of about 12KV with an input voltage of 220v-5v dc and an output voltage of 5v,the number of turns the machine can wind is in the range of 0-999 turns . The size of the copper wire for winding other machines like large turbine, heavy transformers e.t.c that has 14 to 34 SWG or specifically 0.078-0.3125 diameter copper wire is beyond the machine capability. Specifically indoor appliances commonly found in household like electric fan, grinder.
1.5 Importance of the Project
The significance of this project cannot be overemphasized this is because it would serve as a low cost machine when produced in bulk. And this will aid the small business man who cannot afford to buy the bigger machine by affording this one. Also it can be used for training students in winding of small transformers & relay coils.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Acknowledgement iv Table of contents v Abstract vi CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION Backgroun...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 176 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Fertilizer in a broad sense include all materials that are added to the soil to supply certain el...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 367 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In recent years, Nigeria lays strong emphasis on the manufacturing of both industrial and household products within the c...Continue Reading »
35 pages | 51 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» CONSTRUCTION OF AN EXTERNAL CALIPER Table of contents Title page Chapter one Introduction Background CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW CHAPTER THREE: MET...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 438 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
5. CEMENT MANUFACTURING /PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA. A CASE STUDY OF EDO CEMENT FACTORY, UKPILLA, EDO STATE.» ABSTRACT The project studied the manufacture of cement production in Nigeria using Ukpilla as a case study. It enables us to compare the differences b...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 192 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
6. PRODUCTION OF A DEMONSTRATION PROTOTYPE FUEL SUPPLY SYSTEM IN OTHER TO ENHANCE THE LEARNING PROCESS OR TO GIVE A REAL PRACTICAL INSIGHT TO AUTOMOBILE ...» In the past very little empirical research or project has been carried out to improve the effectiveness of student technical and practical know out. T...Continue Reading »
34 pages | 109 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT Propeller agitator is a specialized of various types of substances. It consists of three basic components which are the shaft, blade and the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 212 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT The bookshelf had been successfully constructed. It was initiated so as to address the poor keeping of students’ files in various offic...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 157 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
9. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN WELDING AND FABRICATION TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES OF KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 301 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» Spare Parts Inventory Control Meaning To establish a common understanding, ‘Spare parts’ refers to the parts requirement for keeping both ...Continue Reading »
333 pages | 157 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING