Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 79 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
1.1 Background of the Project
Typically, a winding machine winds a material such as metal wire, thread, or paper, onto a core, spool, or bobbin. There are several different types of winding machines, from simple manual feed machines to complex computer-numeric-control (CNC) machines. Some of the more common uses for winding machines are coil winding, rope winding, and continuous filament winding. Many industries use these devices, including textile, electronics, and wire industries (Pansini, 2009).
A manual winding machine usually has a core on a spindle and the user feeds wire, rope, or other material onto the core. The user controls the spindle speed and feeds the material through user hand, guiding it to control the tension and load pattern. These simple machines may be of a bench-top size or large stand-alone winder. Winding machines may be used for transformer or motor (Henry, 2011).
Transformer rewinding machine is a machine for rewinding coil in a transformer. This transformer rewinding machine is one of types of winding machine that is available in industries today. The transformer rewinding machine can be classified according to speed levels and capacity. From multi speeded machines to medium, large and extra-large machines, these machines come in various types and categories, performing a range function and can be manual, automatic, analogue or digital (Peri, 2010).
Transformer rewinding machine with digital display design is dictated by a coil’s complexity, material tension limitations, machine versatilities, and automation/operator intervention, production volume and budgetary considerations (Bill, 2013).
1.2 Problem Statement
The problem to be solved in this project will include;
1. The design an automatic transformer rewinding machine
2. Integrating a digital counter into the transformer rewinding machine
3. Sourcing of local components for construction of automatic transformer rewinding machine
4. Production of a user friendly and easy to operate automatic transformer rewinding machine
1.3 Objectives of the project
The aim of this project is to design and construct a transformer rewinding machine with digital counter.
Basically, this project has four main objectives;
1. To design an automatic transformer rewinding machine
2. To integrate a digital counter into the transformer rewinding machine
3. To source local components for construction of automatic transformer rewinding machine
4. To produced a user friendly and easy to operate automatic transformer rewinding machine
1.4 Scope and Limitation
The design of the machine will be limited to a table size winding machine. This study limited its scope for winding coils of small transformers of about 12KV with an input voltage of 220v-5v dc and an output voltage of 5v,the number of turns the machine can wind is in the range of 0-999 turns . The size of the copper wire for winding other machines like large turbine, heavy transformers e.t.c that has 14 to 34 SWG or specifically 0.078-0.3125 diameter copper wire is beyond the machine capability. Specifically indoor appliances commonly found in household like electric fan, grinder.
1.5 Importance of the Project
The significance of this project cannot be overemphasized this is because it would serve as a low cost machine when produced in bulk. And this will aid the small business man who cannot afford to buy the bigger machine by affording this one. Also it can be used for training students in winding of small transformers & relay coils.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The bookshelf had been successfully constructed. It was initiated so as to address the poor keeping of students’ files in various offic...Continue Reading »
2. MANUFACTURING SYSTEM OPTIMIZATION: A STUDY OF UNITY AND EFFICIENCY IN PRODUCTION (UEP) IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA (PAN)» ABSTRACTTheaim of this study is to investigate why the implementation of Unity and Efficiency in Production(UEP)is not yielding the expected results i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 1.1 Introduction A ocean simulator is a physical basin or tank used to carry out hydrodynamic tests with ship models, for the purpose of des...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project covers the design and fabrication of an office file cabinet. The cabinet is to keep and secure files and document for future reco...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project is focused on experimental analysis of impact of water jet on vanes. This work intends to predict the output of a pelton wheel, a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is based on the construction of a double bunk bed which will serve a great place for resting and sleeping. It is done with avail...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Propeller agitator is a specialized of various types of substances. It consists of three basic components which are the shaft, blade and the ...Continue Reading »
8. INHIBITION EVALUATION OF CHEMICAL AND PLANT EXTRACTS ON THE CORROSION OF METALLIC ALLOYS IN ACIDIC ENVIRONMENT» ABSTRACT Numerous failures and eventual losses in the chemical industry have been traced to corrosion processes. Failures resulting from the inability...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work, accessing the impact of production planning and control on productivity in the manufacturing industry. This study is focu...Continue Reading »
10. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF SAFETY PRACTICES IN TECHNICAL WORKSHOP/ LABORATORY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGE MALALI KADUNA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »