Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The bookshelf had been successfully constructed. It was initiated so as to address the poor keeping of students’ files in various offices and laboratories.
Locally available materials like angle iron and sheet metals were used in the construction.
The book shelf can easily be moved from one place to another, and also books or files can be arranged for easy identifications.
The test carried out shows that the bookshelf can carry up to 1000kg of load if distributed to the whole unit.
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE WORK
A bookshelf is a piece of furniture always with horizontal shelves used to store books. It may be fitted with glass doors. A bookshelf consist of unites including two or more shelve which may be permanently devoted to the storage of books. They may be permanently fixed to wall or on floor,
A bookcase frequently have door that should be closed but bookshelves are open fronted, These doors are always glazed, so as to allow the spine of the book to be read, especially valuable books may be kept in locked cases with wooden or glass doors. Books normally stand on some pieces of furniture such as desk or chest. It may also stand on the floor or fixed to the floor, larger books are more likely to be kept in horizontals position and larger books on wide shelves.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The project is designed to address the lack of shelf in various offices and laboratories, due to the student books or files that are been kept on the floor. The method of keeping these files may result to misplacement or damaging of files, the file may also get rough or dirty.
The aims this project are to construct an effective and durable bookshelf suitable for an office. The shelve is intended to contain files of students of mechanical engineering in the department or laboratories.
The objective of this work stated as follow:
- To improve students practical skills in metal and wood work.
- To protect books and files form air pollution
- To provide students with an entrepreneurial opportunities
1.4 SCOPE AND LIMITATION
This project is limited to the construction of a bookshelf. All materials shall be locally sourced and the construction work shall be carried out in the mechanical engineering workshop.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF WORK
A bookshelf serves various functions in various places and the purposes for which they serve differ from another. The shelve is a safe way for keeping documents and files.
For instance shelves are used in the hospital for keeping patience medical files, apparatus and other equipment. In higher institution of learning shelves are used to keep record of student admitted into the institution.
Bookshelves may be of different sizes and shapes depending on the purpose of which they are to serve. Improvement in technology over time has immensely attributed to the safe keeping of records through the use of shelves. Shelves could be covered with glass, ply-wood and metal sheets.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, computer has served a vital tool for the prevision of information in business...Continue Reading »
2. IDENTIFYING AND REPAIRING THE FAULTS(S) OF AN EXISTING SOLAR SECURITY LIGHT IN FRONT MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT.» TABLE OF CONTENT Title Page i Declaration ii Approval Page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Content vi List of Table Notations and abbrevi...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND SIMULATE A MECHANICAL AGITATOR THAT CAN BE USED TO SUPPLEMENT PAINT MIXING WITH STANDARD PLANT FACILITIES» CHAPTER 1 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Work Mixing is the process of thoroughly combining different materials to produce a homogenous produc...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis work is aimed at designing and fabricating a spin dryer which can be used in drying spent grains after brewing. This will no doubt save c...Continue Reading »
5. INHIBITION EVALUATION OF CHEMICAL AND PLANT EXTRACTS ON THE CORROSION OF METALLIC ALLOYS IN ACIDIC ENVIRONMENT» ABSTRACT Numerous failures and eventual losses in the chemical industry have been traced to corrosion processes. Failures resulting from the inability...Continue Reading »
6. IMPROVING THE SAFETY SKILLS NEEDS OF STUDENTS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES WORKSHOPS IN POTISKUM, YOBE STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of content vi Abstract vii CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTI...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The wood lathe machine is introduced to lessen the human suffering and to improve economical and technological standard, ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Extraction is the process by which substances are removed from their original component or raw state. Hence, j...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Sequel to the earlier works by Omenyi et al which established the role of surface thermodynamics in various biological processes from the ele...Continue Reading »
10. DISTRIBUTIONAL PATTERN OF AUTOMOBILE MECHANIC WORKSHOP IN IBADAN NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT, OYO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Automobile Industry can be refers to as the collection of firms that produce, manufacture broadly automobiles using the same ...Continue Reading »