The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
Get the complete project »
The bookshelf had been successfully constructed. It was initiated so as to address the poor keeping of students’ files in various offices and laboratories.
Locally available materials like angle iron and sheet metals were used in the construction.
The book shelf can easily be moved from one place to another, and also books or files can be arranged for easy identifications.
The test carried out shows that the bookshelf can carry up to 1000kg of load if distributed to the whole unit.
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE WORK
A bookshelf is a piece of furniture always with horizontal shelves used to store books. It may be fitted with glass doors. A bookshelf consist of unites including two or more shelve which may be permanently devoted to the storage of books. They may be permanently fixed to wall or on floor,
A bookcase frequently have door that should be closed but bookshelves are open fronted, These doors are always glazed, so as to allow the spine of the book to be read, especially valuable books may be kept in locked cases with wooden or glass doors. Books normally stand on some pieces of furniture such as desk or chest. It may also stand on the floor or fixed to the floor, larger books are more likely to be kept in horizontals position and larger books on wide shelves.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The project is designed to address the lack of shelf in various offices and laboratories, due to the student books or files that are been kept on the floor. The method of keeping these files may result to misplacement or damaging of files, the file may also get rough or dirty.
The aims this project are to construct an effective and durable bookshelf suitable for an office. The shelve is intended to contain files of students of mechanical engineering in the department or laboratories.
The objective of this work stated as follow:
- To improve students practical skills in metal and wood work.
- To protect books and files form air pollution
- To provide students with an entrepreneurial opportunities
1.4 SCOPE AND LIMITATION
This project is limited to the construction of a bookshelf. All materials shall be locally sourced and the construction work shall be carried out in the mechanical engineering workshop.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF WORK
A bookshelf serves various functions in various places and the purposes for which they serve differ from another. The shelve is a safe way for keeping documents and files.
For instance shelves are used in the hospital for keeping patience medical files, apparatus and other equipment. In higher institution of learning shelves are used to keep record of student admitted into the institution.
Bookshelves may be of different sizes and shapes depending on the purpose of which they are to serve. Improvement in technology over time has immensely attributed to the safe keeping of records through the use of shelves. Shelves could be covered with glass, ply-wood and metal sheets.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENT CHAPTER ONE1.1 Introduction 1.2 Manual Digester 1.3 Motorized Digester 1.4 Types of Motorized Digester CHAPTER TWO2.1 Literature Revi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 116 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
2. APPRAISAL OF THE UTILIZATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING AUTOMOBILE TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES, KANO (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED S...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 81 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT Furniture refers to movable objects intended to support various human activities such as sitting for chairs, Stools and Sofas, eating and rea...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 18 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
4. THE USE OF WATERMELON SEED AS A COAGULANT IN INDUSTRIAL WASTE WATER TREATMENT (A CASE-STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERY, KADUNA)» Abstract The use of water melon seed in purifying waste water from Nigerian brewery, Kudenden, Kaduna – Nigeria was carried out and its application ...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 15 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
5. DESIGN AND SIMULATE A MECHANICAL AGITATOR THAT CAN BE USED TO SUPPLEMENT PAINT MIXING WITH STANDARD PLANT FACILITIES» CHAPTER 1 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Work Mixing is the process of thoroughly combining different materials to produce a homogenous produc...Continue Reading »
105 pages | 59 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Extraction is the process by which substances are removed from their original component or raw state. Hence, j...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 24 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover page Title page Declaration page Acknowledgement Abstract Table of content Chapter one Introduction Background of study Stateme...Continue Reading »
31 pages | 72 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT This study sought to establish youth Participation in Agricultural Activities in Jema’a Local Government of Kaduna State, Nigeria. The ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 60 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT Propeller agitator is a specialized of various types of substances. It consists of three basic components which are the shaft, blade and the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 48 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
10. MANUFACTURING SYSTEM OPTIMIZATION: A STUDY OF UNITY AND EFFICIENCY IN PRODUCTION (UEP) IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA (PAN)» ABSTRACTTheaim of this study is to investigate why the implementation of Unity and Efficiency in Production(UEP)is not yielding the expected results i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 42 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING