Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Theaim of this study is to investigate why the implementation of Unity and Efficiency in Production(UEP)is not yielding the expected results in PAN. The overall operations, production and sales are still on the low trend.This survey examined how the adaptation of UEP tools and the level of functions integration relate to the overall implementation success.A well-structured questionnaire distributed andcollected from fourty respondents (at supervisory level) were analyzed to determine the level of understanding of the philosophy, the usage of UEP tools and the scope of the UEP implementation in relation to the success of the implementation.The chi-square test statistics was used to test the research hypotheses generated at 0.05 level of significance. This is to find out if there exists relation between the adaptation of this method and the overall success of the UEP implementation.
The result of the hypotheses tested revealed that all critical aspects were more or less considered (i.e. 4 out of 15 were not taken into account by at least 50% of the respondents). The lowest score (critical value) of 40% is an indication that all aspects considered are relevant/important for this research work. This is also an indication that the findings flow in line with established theories and literatures. The hypotheses also show that majority of the tools have remarkable relationship with UEP implementation success. The overall responses from questionnaireanalyzedclearly show that the UEP concept was not fully integrated into all company operations/functions. This made the overall expectations of using the principles notentirely fulfilled.
The general inferencefrom this survey is that activities in PAN could be enhanced for high level of productivity and efficiency if all findings and recommendationsmade are critically considered by management in the entire value chain.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
Customers have numerous choices when it comes to buying any product. Combined with choices available to the consumer and expectation of shorter order fulfillment lead times, customers have become more fickle in their purchasing decisions and less loyal to their old long-standing business relationships.
In recent years, companies have become increasingly focused on market demand and customers responsiveness. This has led to the implementation and adoption of manufacturing improvement and optimization techniques in the automotive industry. Optimization is necessary for the control of any business process to achieve better product quality, high productivity with low cost.
Optimization is defined as minimization or maximization of cost function with variable input parameters. The word optimization commonly refers to the mathematical handling of parameters in order to maximize or minimize a mathematical function. The global optimization is about finding the best possible solutions for given problems. This makes optimization of various systems an increasingly important activity. Apart from this, manufacturing systems are also optimized using any of the process improvement methods. Improvement methods such as lean, just in time, six sigma and the likes, have contributed immensely to system success and profitability.
In order to optimize the manufacturing process, a company has to have the ability to identify its main bottlenecks in manufacturing process. It needs to be able to set the proper goals, i.e. grouping company‟s activities into modules and set the control point
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The project “Design and fabrication a corn shelling machine” is indeed an essential one in a time like this when ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of Contents vi Abstract vii CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Backgrou...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The bookshelf had been successfully constructed. It was initiated so as to address the poor keeping of students’ files in various offic...Continue Reading »
4. CEMENT MANUFACTURING /PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA. A CASE STUDY OF EDO CEMENT FACTORY, UKPILLA, EDO STATE.» ABSTRACT The project studied the manufacture of cement production in Nigeria using Ukpilla as a case study. It enables us to compare the differences b...Continue Reading »
5. IMPROVING THE SAFETY SKILLS NEEDS OF STUDENTS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES WORKSHOPS IN POTISKUM, YOBE STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of content vi Abstract vii CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTI...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Project Typically, a winding machine winds a material such as metal wire, thread, or paper, onto a core, spool, or ...Continue Reading »
7. INVESTIGATION OF THE EFFECT OF MOULDING SAND (NATURAL & SYNTHETIC) ON CASTING OF FLANGE USING ALUMINIUM» ABSTRACTThis study tend to investigate the effect of synthetic and natural moulding sand on casting of flange like component. In this study FUTA logo ...Continue Reading »
8. EVALUATION OF THE MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF POLYPROPYLENE/CALCIUM CARBONATE NANOCOMPOSITE AT VARIOUS CREEP CONDITIONS» ABSTRACT The mechanical properties of Polypropylene and Polypropylene/Calcium Carbonate nanocomposites were evaluated. Data on the influence of Calciu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Fertilizer in a broad sense include all materials that are added to the soil to supply certain el...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This machine is meant for sealing and cutting of nylon bag of different sizes. This machine is operated with electrical system. This machine ...Continue Reading »