Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 115 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-6 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study investigated some anthropometric and reproductive characteristics
associated with nausea and vomiting of pregnancy (NVP) and menopause among
Nigerian women. Subjects for this study were drawn from the three major ethnic
groups in Nigeria and were divided into two groups viz; a prospective study group (n
= 344) which constitute gravid women and a retrospective group (n = 324) which
consist of menopausal women. Data was collected through questionnaire via oral
interview and recall from these women while anthropometric variables were obtained
following standard protocol. The result showed that an early menarcheal age, higher
educational level, increased parity and age at menopause significantly (P<0.05)
association with NVP in one group but not in the other. Although not significant, a
higher proportion of women born in wet season, having a higher economic status, an
early child birth and carrying female foetuses reported having NVP. So also were
variations in the ethnic report of NVP among the study population. This study also
suggest a high prevalence (43.71%) of NVP among Nigerian women and an
increased incidence over the years with women of Igbo origin having the highest
incidence (53.91%) and Hausa’s the least incidence (34.80%). NVP was found to
impose some limitation and emotional challenge on these women with exposure to
certain smell and certain food being the most aggravating factor. Both pharmaceutical
and complimentary medicines were used for management of NVP and lying down
was a common manoeuvre as management among those who did not use drugs.
Factors found to significantly associated with the age at menopause are religion,
ethnicity, parity and age at marriage (P<0.0001). Other variables that also showed
significant association were season of birth, NVP, breastfeeding, contraception,
educational level and number of elder brothers (P<0.05). All other variables found no
association although age at menopause increased with age at first birth.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Anthropometric characteristics have been shown to be possible predictors of
reproductive success in human female species and this has been widely studied.
Height, weight and body mass index (BMI) has been associated with increased parity,
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ANATOMY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SOMATOTYPES AND HEPATOBILIARY DIMENSIONS, BODY COMPOSITION, AND SOME ANTHROPOMETRIC VARIABLES OF STUDENTS IN AHMADU BELLO UNIVERS...» ABSTRACT Previous studies have suggested an association of somatotype with body composition and the organ dimensions among individuals and populations...Continue Reading »
2. THE COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE EFFECT OF FRESH STEM JUICE AND AQUEOUS STEM JUICE EXTRACT OF COSTUS AFER (BUSH CANE) ON THE HISTOMORPHOLOGY OF THE STOMAC...» ABSTRACT This study was designed to compare the effect of fresh stem juice and aqueous stem juice extract of Costus afer on the stomach of paracetamol...Continue Reading »
3. DISTRIBUTION OF ABO AND RH (D) BLOOD GROUPS AND ASSOCIATED TRAITS: A STUDY OF THE COLLEGE OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY, OBANGEDE, KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT In the last five decades, genetic structure of populations are being studied in via ABO blood groups system, mtDNA and Y chromosome makers to...Continue Reading »
4. HISTOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT OF THE TESTES AND HORMONAL PROFILE OF ADULT MALE ALBINO WISTAR RATS FOLLOWING ORAL ADMINISTRATION OF MYRISTICA FRAGRANS (NUTM...» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to assess the effect of oral administration of Myristica fragrans (Nutmeg) on the histology of the testis as well a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study of the effect of oral administration of aluminium chloride on the Hippocampus of wistar rats was carried out in order to ascertain ...Continue Reading »
6. EVALUATION OF SECOND AND FOURTH DIGIT RATIO, ANTHROPOMETRIC PARAMETERS AND AGGRESSION AMONG STARTISANS AND NON-ARTISANS IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERI...» ABSTRACT A growing body of literature, has associated exposure to prenatal testosterone, to the length second to fourth digit ratios (2D:4D) and this ...Continue Reading »
7. ANTHROPOMETRIC COMPARISM OF CEPHALIC INDICES BETWEEN YORUBA AND BENIN ETHNIC GROUPS RESIDING IN OKADA TOWN, EDO STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Anthropometry (from Greek anthropos, "man" andmetron, "measure") refers to the measurement of the hum...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF QUININE AND TRIPLE ANTIRETROVIRAL REGIMEN ON THE HISTOLOGY OF THE FETAL CEREBELLUM OF ALBINO WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT This research work evaluated “the Histomorphological Effects of Quinine and Triple Antiretroviral Regimen on fetal cerebellum of Albino Wis...Continue Reading »
9. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECT OF ETHANOLIC EXTRACT OF Sesamum indicum ON KETOCONAZOLE INDUCED TESTICULAR DAMAGE IN MALE WISTAR RATS» 1.0 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND INFORMATION Toxins such as drugs, chemicals, endocrine disruptors, biogenetically engineered western diets and life style ...Continue Reading »
10. EVALUATION OF THE ANTIDIARRHOEAL EFFECT OF AQUEOUS FRUIT EXTRACT OF Phoenix dactylifera L. ON THE HISTOLOGY OF THE SMALL INTESTINE OF WISTAR RAT» ABSTRACT In this study, evaluation of the antidiarrhoeal effect of aqueous fruit extract of Phoenix dactylifera L. on the histology of the small intes...Continue Reading »