Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 111 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The bark of the West African Pausinystalia yohimbe tree is a traditional aphrodisiac and
the source of yohimbine, a prescription drug for impotence. It appears to be modestly
effective, but it also presents numerous safety risks. The possible side effect on the
haematological parameters and histology of the hypothalamus has not been considered.
This study investigated experimentally using adult male Wistar rats, the changes in
haematological parameters and the histology of the hypothalamus due to oral
administration of the crude extract Pausinystalia yohimbe bark.
Thirty six (36) adult male Wistar rats of average weight of 200g, used for this
experiment. The animals were grouped into four (4) groups of nine (9) animals per group.
With group I serving as the control and administered distilled water. While group II, III
and IV administered 30mg/kg, 50mg/kg and 100mg/kg body weight per day of the crude
extract of Pausinystalia yohimbe bark orally respectively, for three (3) weeks.
Blood samples were collected from all the animals for the haematological studies and the
brain tissues were also collected and fixed in Bouin’s fluid and processed for histological
studies using the method of Glee’s. The photomicrographs of the tissues were taken using
an Optical Eye Piece connected to a computer system. The results showed that the
Pausinystalia yohimbe bark extract produced significant increased in the erythrocytes
count values, total protein and clothing time decrease in the leukocyte count, monocyte
and eosinophils differential counts. The extract also has excitatory effect on the nuclei of
the hypothalamus, indicating cellular hyperplasia.
Presently, there is a growing interest in the use of natural products. Various
products of plant origin are being marketed in Nigeria. They range from herbal
toothpastes to various drug supplements. Some of these herbal preparations may have
some inherent properties, which have contributed to their persistent use over the yea
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ANATOMY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DISTRIBUTION OF ABO AND RH (D) BLOOD GROUPS AND ASSOCIATED TRAITS: A STUDY OF THE COLLEGE OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY, OBANGEDE, KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT In the last five decades, genetic structure of populations are being studied in via ABO blood groups system, mtDNA and Y chromosome makers to...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In the last five decades, genetic structure of populations are being studied in via ABO blood groups system, mtDNA and Y chromosome makers to...Continue Reading »
3. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SOMATOTYPES AND HEPATOBILIARY DIMENSIONS, BODY COMPOSITION, AND SOME ANTHROPOMETRIC VARIABLES OF STUDENTS IN AHMADU BELLO UNIVERS...» ABSTRACT Previous studies have suggested an association of somatotype with body composition and the organ dimensions among individuals and populations...Continue Reading »
4. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECT OF ETHANOLIC EXTRACT OF Sesamum indicum ON KETOCONAZOLE INDUCED TESTICULAR DAMAGE IN MALE WISTAR RATS» 1.0 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND INFORMATION Toxins such as drugs, chemicals, endocrine disruptors, biogenetically engineered western diets and life style ...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF PLANTAR ARCH INDEX AND PREVALENCE OF FLAT FEET AMONG RESIDENTS IN OVIA NORTHEAST L.G.A, EDO STATE» 1.0 INTRODUCTON BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY There is a functional relationship that exists between the structure of the arch of the foot and the biomechan...Continue Reading »
6. PROSPECTIVE AND RETROSPECTIVE STUDY OF SOME ANTHROPOMETRIC AND REPRODUCTIVE CHARACTERISTICS OF GRAVID AND MENOPAUSAL NIGERIAN WOMEN.» ABSTRACT This study investigated some anthropometric and reproductive characteristics associated with nausea and vomiting of pregnancy (NVP) and menop...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF QUININE AND TRIPLE ANTIRETROVIRAL REGIMEN ON THE HISTOLOGY OF THE FETAL CEREBELLUM OF ALBINO WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT This research work evaluated “the Histomorphological Effects of Quinine and Triple Antiretroviral Regimen on fetal cerebellum of Albino Wis...Continue Reading »
8. EVALUATION OF SECOND AND FOURTH DIGIT RATIO, ANTHROPOMETRIC PARAMETERS AND AGGRESSION AMONG STARTISANS AND NON-ARTISANS IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERI...» ABSTRACT A growing body of literature, has associated exposure to prenatal testosterone, to the length second to fourth digit ratios (2D:4D) and this ...Continue Reading »
9. HISTOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT OF THE TESTES AND HORMONAL PROFILE OF ADULT MALE ALBINO WISTAR RATS FOLLOWING ORAL ADMINISTRATION OF MYRISTICA FRAGRANS (NUTM...» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to assess the effect of oral administration of Myristica fragrans (Nutmeg) on the histology of the testis as well a...Continue Reading »
10. Anthropometric Study and Stature Estimation in Lokaa, Ayiga, Agoi and Ekoi Ethnic Groups of Yakurr Local Government Area of Cross River State, Nigeria» ABSTRACT Stature prediction occupies relatively a central position in anthropometric research. Estimation of stature of an individual from the mutilat...Continue Reading »