Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 76 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
In the last five decades, genetic structure of populations are being studied in via ABO
blood groups system, mtDNA and Y chromosome makers to understand history of human
migration and relatedness of ethnic groups settled in close proximity. In the present study,
the distribution of ABO and Rh blood groups and associated traits among various ethnic
groups in Kogi State was analysed to determine the genetic composition of various ethnic
groups. The study was carried out using students of Kogi State College of Nursing and
Midwifery, Obangede. Participants for the study included 1,863 students of the college
(1,427 females and 436 males) aged 16-40 years. The study is both retrospective and
prospective. Records of admitted students into the college spanning 11 years (2002–2013)
consecutively were retrospectively and prospectively collected from the various record
units of the College. ABO, Rh blood group and Hb-electrophoresis tests were carried out
on a white porcelain tile using blood grouping antisera and Hb-electrophoresis machine.
From the 1,863 records reviewed for the ABO blood group, the phenotypic frequencies
were highest for ABO*O (965, 51.80%) followed by ABO*B (404, 21.70%). The
frequencies for ABO*A was observed as (379, 20.30%), whereas the frequency of
ABO*AB group was observed to be lowest (115, 9.00%). It was observed that ABO*O >
ABO*B > ABO*A > ABO*AB for each sex. The same pattern was observed for all the
ethnic groups with a slight deviation in Bassa and Nupe where group A>B. The
distribution of Rh antigen shows that Rh D positive was the highest with 1,755 (94.20%)
while Rh D Negative was the lowest with 108 (5.8%). The genotypic frequency for
haemoglobin was discovered to be highest for AA 1,095(58.50%) followed by AS 768
(41.00%) SS was observed to be comparatively very low 9(0.50%). The present study
reveals association of ABO with malaria, hepatitis and level of academic performance of
the subjects. There is also a weak association with birth order, BMI, height and weight.
The result from this study is in line with the observed trend in other studies in Nigeria and
also suggest that the ABO blood group disease association may affect more of metabolic
than infectious diseases.
1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of Study
Blood is defined as ―the red viscous fluid that circulates round the body supplying O2 and
nutritive substances absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract to the tissues, returns CO2 to
the lungs and other products of metabolism to the kidneys, functions in the regulation of
body temperature, and distributes hormones and other agents that regulate cell function‖
(Saladin, 2003; Barrett et al., 2010).
Blood has always had a special mystique. From time immemorial, people have seen blood
flow in the body and with it, the life of individual depends. People thus presumed that
blood carried a mysterious ―vital force,‖ and Roman gladiators drank it to fortify
themselves for battle. From ancient Egypt to nineteenth-century America, physicians
drained ―bad blood‖ from their patients to treat everything from gout to headaches, from
menstrual cramps to mental illness (Saladin, 2003).
―Blood group‖ can be defined as inherited allogeneic variation detected on the surface of
blood cells (Daniels, 2002). The term applies to a defined system of red blood cell
antigens (blood group substances) controlled by a genetic locus having a variable number
of alleles e.g. A, B, and O in the ABO system (Murray et al., 2003; Daniels, 2002). The
blood group is determined by the genetic make-up of the alleles of a system (Bakare et
al., 2006; Bhuvnesh et al., 2011).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ANATOMY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PROSPECTIVE AND RETROSPECTIVE STUDY OF SOME ANTHROPOMETRIC AND REPRODUCTIVE CHARACTERISTICS OF GRAVID AND MENOPAUSAL NIGERIAN WOMEN.» ABSTRACT This study investigated some anthropometric and reproductive characteristics associated with nausea and vomiting of pregnancy (NVP) and menop...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF QUININE AND TRIPLE ANTIRETROVIRAL REGIMEN ON THE HISTOLOGY OF THE FETAL CEREBELLUM OF ALBINO WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT This research work evaluated “the Histomorphological Effects of Quinine and Triple Antiretroviral Regimen on fetal cerebellum of Albino Wis...Continue Reading »
3. HISTOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT OF THE TESTES AND HORMONAL PROFILE OF ADULT MALE ALBINO WISTAR RATS FOLLOWING ORAL ADMINISTRATION OF MYRISTICA FRAGRANS (NUTM...» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to assess the effect of oral administration of Myristica fragrans (Nutmeg) on the histology of the testis as well a...Continue Reading »
4. ANTHROPOMETRIC COMPARISM OF CEPHALIC INDICES BETWEEN YORUBA AND BENIN ETHNIC GROUPS RESIDING IN OKADA TOWN, EDO STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Anthropometry (from Greek anthropos, "man" andmetron, "measure") refers to the measurement of the hum...Continue Reading »
5. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECT OF ETHANOLIC EXTRACT OF Sesamum indicum ON KETOCONAZOLE INDUCED TESTICULAR DAMAGE IN MALE WISTAR RATS» 1.0 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND INFORMATION Toxins such as drugs, chemicals, endocrine disruptors, biogenetically engineered western diets and life style ...Continue Reading »
6. Anthropometric Study and Stature Estimation in Lokaa, Ayiga, Agoi and Ekoi Ethnic Groups of Yakurr Local Government Area of Cross River State, Nigeria» ABSTRACT Stature prediction occupies relatively a central position in anthropometric research. Estimation of stature of an individual from the mutilat...Continue Reading »
7. DISTRIBUTION OF ABO AND RH (D) BLOOD GROUPS AND ASSOCIATED TRAITS: A STUDY OF THE COLLEGE OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY, OBANGEDE, KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT In the last five decades, genetic structure of populations are being studied in via ABO blood groups system, mtDNA and Y chromosome makers to...Continue Reading »
8. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SOMATOTYPES AND HEPATOBILIARY DIMENSIONS, BODY COMPOSITION, AND SOME ANTHROPOMETRIC VARIABLES OF STUDENTS IN AHMADU BELLO UNIVERS...» ABSTRACT Previous studies have suggested an association of somatotype with body composition and the organ dimensions among individuals and populations...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study of the effect of oral administration of aluminium chloride on the Hippocampus of wistar rats was carried out in order to ascertain ...Continue Reading »
10. EVALUATION OF SECOND AND FOURTH DIGIT RATIO, ANTHROPOMETRIC PARAMETERS AND AGGRESSION AMONG STARTISANS AND NON-ARTISANS IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERI...» ABSTRACT A growing body of literature, has associated exposure to prenatal testosterone, to the length second to fourth digit ratios (2D:4D) and this ...Continue Reading »