Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
The desire and search for knowledge by man has resulted to various changes in his life and his entire environment.
This inquisitiveness has made him embark on various quest and adventure of life.
One of the greatest desires of man is his quest for food amongst others like excellence shelter, credibility and above all a better living.
And this has resulted to achieve/accomplish this untiring want.
The advent of the technology has reduced in spite of its little disadvantage, the struggle and stresses of man as he goes about hiss natural world seeking for satisfaction.
The field of engineering is just another environment of its own in which man has always tries to unravel some practical solutions to various technological and scientifically problems that arises in his immediate environment.
In Nigeria today, there is an over dependence on crude oil. The economy of the nation rest squarely on the earning from crude oil.
It is also known fact that, the nation has but a limited time to benefit from earnings from crude oil as crude oil reserves will soon run dry at the present rate of its consumption.
Meanwhile, according to Dr Alan Dickson (2004) in his previous article on global warning myth or reality, he emphasized that even if we dismiss the treat of possible adverse climate changes as a result of our releasing carbon dioxide into the atmosphere by ‘’burning fossil fuels’; the fact remains that this burnt fuels are dangerous to human health and also that this fuels are limited resources and must run out at some time in the future depending on how fast we use them.
Known world reserves of oil and gases (including Nigeria) will run out in a little over forty years at the present rate of consumption and although we discoveries are still being made in recent years but these have not been sufficient to make up for the rate of depletion in the known reserves.
Then, in other to avoid a total economic collapse which may occur when all this crude oil are completely exhausted, a quick and purposeful transition ought to be made from crude oil industry to other industries which can also sustain the countries economy.
The other which arguably could help the crude oil industry to grow and to reduce too much burning of fossil fuels is ‘’Fuelless Generator’’.
Nigeria in its effort to improve their crude oil economy and to reduce fuel emissions to the environment which is harmful to human health, and to be more self reliant and independent, sees the need for fuelless generator.
Fuelless generator is a generator that does not make use of any type of fossil fuels like gasoline, oil, or any other combustible fuels.
As the name implies, it generates electricity which also serve as economic growth to the nation.
1. SCOPE OF THE STUDY This study is focused on the conversion of mechanical energy into electrical energy without combustible fuels.
It deals with the assessment of its actual advantage as compared to the generator that uses fuel. That is, its advantages in terms of efficiency, fuel free, performance and cost maintenance free. It also involves proper material selection, drafting of working drawings and basic operation of tyre fuelless generator.
1. OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY Specifically, the objectives of this research work are to;
1. Design and construction of a fuelless generator using low cost materials.
2. To test the performance of the designed generator to fuelled generator.
3. To compare the cost of this generator to other fuelled generator.
4. To acquaint engineers, technicians with the basic materials, tools/equipments and other factors required for successful fuelless generator construction.
1. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDYThe importance and benefits of this work is to;
1. Show the detailed processes employed in the construction of the fuelless generator.
2. Acquire knowledge of the materials used in the design and construction of the project work.
3. Promote self reliance and reduce cost of burning of fossil fuels.
4. Low maintenance.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INHIBITION EVALUATION OF CHEMICAL AND PLANT EXTRACTS ON THE CORROSION OF METALLIC ALLOYS IN ACIDIC ENVIRONMENT» ABSTRACT Numerous failures and eventual losses in the chemical industry have been traced to corrosion processes. Failures resulting from the inability...Continue Reading »
2. EVALUATION OF THE MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF POLYPROPYLENE/CALCIUM CARBONATE NANOCOMPOSITE AT VARIOUS CREEP CONDITIONS» ABSTRACT The mechanical properties of Polypropylene and Polypropylene/Calcium Carbonate nanocomposites were evaluated. Data on the influence of Calciu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The project “Design and fabrication a corn shelling machine” is indeed an essential one in a time like this when ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Acknowledgement iv Table of contents v Abstract vi CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION Backgroun...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe journal bearing demonstration rig is an apparatus which is used to study how pressure would vary around the section of a journal bearing a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A solarbox cooker is a device that converts solar energy into useful heat in a confined space. The solar cooking system which captures and ut...Continue Reading »
7. IDENTIFYING AND REPAIRING THE FAULTS(S) OF AN EXISTING SOLAR SECURITY LIGHT IN FRONT MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT.» TABLE OF CONTENT Title Page i Declaration ii Approval Page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Content vi List of Table Notations and abbrevi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis work is aimed at designing and fabricating a spin dryer which can be used in drying spent grains after brewing. This will no doubt save c...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title Page CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study 1 1.2 Statement of Problem 3 1.3 Objectives of Study 4 1.4 Scope and Lim...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis work is an attempt to evolve a means for statically and dynamical balancing of mechanical components. This will no doubt evolve greater s...Continue Reading »