Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 47 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Over the years, computer has served a vital tool for the prevision of information in business organizations today.
There is hardly any serious business organization today that does not make use of computer in its day business activities computer are used in banking operation engineering design, research work are fuel distribution. It is common knowledge that the application of computer in various organizational activities has help to improve the efficiency of operation and the overall performance of organizations. This basically can be attributed to the speed, accuracy and storage capacity of the computer.
Distribution of fuel like any other setup, requires a lot of computer processing before fuel can be adequately distributed. This process include gathering of information to be used by management.
The advert of computer blew a breeze of change across the sections of this procedure thereby affected are the account department, production department and sales department. Distribution comes under the sales department, this department has always been neglected because of the computer used for processing.
This department remain vital aspect of the organization since the corporation source income depends largely on the effective distribution and this had necessitated the selected of this topic “Distribution System”.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Due to lack of prompt information retrieval and time wastage in dealing with the society or group that manages this distribution of fuel and inquiry are no longer capable of effective handling the tremendous information about fuel.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
The ultimate aim of this project is to computerize fuel distribution procedure. This is to increase the efficiency of fuel distribution. This project will open avenue on how the computer can be fully utilized in distribution of fuel in respect of improving the present activates using computer. The objective include:
1. To reduce the rate of data manipulation, and to improve the performance of the system.
2. To reduce the usage of file this could affect the daily production and sales information adversely.
3. To speed up the process of fuel distribution and have better control of the activities/ procedure.
4. To ensure proper functioning of all units and department within the system.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
The distribution of fuel has been pf immense importance to the society and the depot which include the following:
1. The availability fuel has eased transportation in society.
2. Cooking has become easier in the society, due to the production other product such as kerosene.
3. The rate of consumption of fuel by the society as served as a means of generating income to the management of the depot.
4. It has enable the management to increase its product.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This project focuses the process of computerizing all the processing of fuel distribution for convince and to avoid complexity a particular depot, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC), Ibadan has been chosen as the case study.
Also, the project also take care of the cost of litres, and issued out to various filling station, the program will perform the following tasks.
1. It will allow for percentage allocation for each filling station to be input when necessary.
2. The total allocation for each filling station will be displayed.
3. The total quantity of fuel supplied and demanded will be displayed.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
This project prototype software which demonstrate how fuel can be distributed to various units. It can used on stand alone system also;
Exorbitant financial implication is involved in using other oil company which cannot be afforded.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
This project will not be completed without the identification and definition of some of the terms used in the course of writing.
1. DISTRIBUTION: This is an act of allocating a shared distributed, allotment, apportionment.
2. AUTOMATED: This used of system to perform task.
3. FUEL: An organic Compound comprises of petroleum coal, kerosene, lubricating oil e.t.c. that is burnt in generate heat or energy.
4. PETROLEUM: They are organic energy which are consumable by people to generate heat or energy.
5. TANKER: A form of vehicle, which serve as a means of conveyance of transporting of petroleum product from one place to another.
6. LOCATION: The destination or place where the petroleum products are to be transported.
7. DISPATCH: To send away, to dispose off speedily.
8. CARRIER: This is the name of the tanker drive.
9 SUPPLYING DEPOT: The depot supplying product to other station.
10. DRIVE WAY: Is where the fuel is measured and discharge in the corporation and the filling station.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In recent years, Nigeria lays strong emphasis on the manufacturing of both industrial and household products within the c...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND SIMULATE A MECHANICAL AGITATOR THAT CAN BE USED TO SUPPLEMENT PAINT MIXING WITH STANDARD PLANT FACILITIES» CHAPTER 1 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Work Mixing is the process of thoroughly combining different materials to produce a homogenous produc...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project is focused on experimental analysis of impact of water jet on vanes. This work intends to predict the output of a pelton wheel, a...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Project Typically, a winding machine winds a material such as metal wire, thread, or paper, onto a core, spool, or ...Continue Reading »
» Spare Parts Inventory Control Meaning To establish a common understanding, ‘Spare parts’ refers to the parts requirement for keeping both ...Continue Reading »
6. INVESTIGATION OF THE EFFECT OF MOULDING SAND (NATURAL & SYNTHETIC) ON CASTING OF FLANGE USING ALUMINIUM» ABSTRACTThis study tend to investigate the effect of synthetic and natural moulding sand on casting of flange like component. In this study FUTA logo ...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL ON OPERATIONAL COST OF THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY (A Case Study of Nigeria Bottling Company Plc,)» ABSTRACT This research work was designed to examine at the impact of production planning and control in manufacturing company as a primary function of...Continue Reading »
8. THE USE OF WATERMELON SEED AS A COAGULANT IN INDUSTRIAL WASTE WATER TREATMENT (A CASE-STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERY, KADUNA)» Abstract The use of water melon seed in purifying waste water from Nigerian brewery, Kudenden, Kaduna – Nigeria was carried out and its application ...Continue Reading »
9. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN WELDING AND FABRICATION TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES OF KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is based on the construction of a double bunk bed which will serve a great place for resting and sleeping. It is done with avail...Continue Reading »