Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The nature of management is very familiar to all the of us, must individual use some management skill in their daily lives. Objectives are determined and set plans are made, activities are performed and result are evelisted. Individuals could not accomplish must without co-ordinating these activities when individuals come together in an organization either formal or informal, management becomes ever more important. Lack of management leads to lack director and co-ordinating effective management on the other hand, leads to purposeful, co-ordinated goal directed activity.
Although human being are the must important element of the organization, management must also be concern with the organizational non-human elements. Land on which to located the business a building in which to locates the business etc. These are just two of the many non-human resources that management must also coordinate.
Management then is the effective litilization of both human and non-human resource to achieve objective of the organization. However, successful parishioners and student management have define the subject in various ways “Deciding how to get thing done through people” (Harold Koonzand Cyril Donnel) organization towards its predeformined objective (John Finece) Making decisions about alternative course of action (John melonald). These are some of the out of many definition that we have about management.
Infeact, it is the very reason for this existence that managers can co-ordinate well it is management who must decide to authorize or dery overtime to meet schedule. Generally management is defined as the employment and application of both human and material resources rightfully to achieve a given objective effectively and effetely refers to quantitatively.
Practice make plans to work, it us design performance is the consistence ability to do a particular thing over a prolong period of time, therefore practice make use of theory and theory is the fools of practice.
So to know how unique imperative of he importance of management in transport industry should be the aims and objectives of this research work. Management give in line with achieving as objective which shall be characterized by co-ordinating, planning, organizing and controlling.
So modern business management requires the sue of some technique in the formulation and adoption of planned and defined system and tools with a view to achieving set goals such tools and system with utilization of effective managerial and control.
The process of setting goals or objectives to be with the performance and acting upon results of achieve maximum profitability. Brown and Howords (1775 ps management therefore as a way of controlling and working towards the achievement of the objective of an organization. It aims at realistic approach to project management by the management of the organization. Based on this it is also coordinate the functions and effort of different department and ensures effective supervision workers in the organization.
This study is aimed at evaluating the important of management used in Enugu State transport cooperation (ENTRACO) and how these practice help in achieving their goals the focal point of this study as above (ENTRANCO) which is involved in mass transportation of people and goods within and outside the state. Though a state government parastal, operate as a commercial enterprise with profit as its objective.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Experience has shown that government cooperation and parastatals have tended to perform poorly both in the formulation and implementation of their management. So in carrying out this research work the following act as the problems of the study.
a) The inability of these cooperation and parastatals to plan and accomplish management goals.
b) To apply proper controls in their management system.
c) To evaluate performance as it affects the utilization of human resources.
d) The need to mange through coordinating efforts.
This research work shall elevate the importance of management to Enugu State transport cooperation. It shall also highlight the problem that mutilate against the application and effective utilization of management control techniques in this enterprise.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to analyse or evaluates the importance of management of transport in the activities of a government owned parastated which has profit making and conting why as objectives.
This writer intends to find out the procedure adopted in the selection of management tactise and where there is any relationship between the type of management implanted and actual performance.
Another purpose us to find out if an management tactise could contribute to improved managerial efficiently and high production.
This study shall also identify major management tactise in uses evaluate current management tactise and their affection the efficiency of the system.
Finally, the researcher intends to find out the level of efficiency required of a manager to achieve in a specific periods.
1.4 THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is envisaged that this research work will enable Enugu State transport corporation carryout better management factise and methods this paper will highlight weakness in their control systems (if any) and suggestion made on the best receipt to solve them.
Also it shall be a reference pint to further studies by other scholars and processional finally other mass transit company shall be favoured and shall be in better position to in utilize the solution gives in this research work.
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope and coverage of this research could here order but for a few constraints.
a) The uncorpative attitude of some head office staff who were skeptical in furnishing the research with relevant documents data.
b) Some of the station managers could not supply necessary (current information for fears of head office queries.
c) Time posed its own problems. While the researcher was batting with this project, other class assignment and official engagement contested for the shares of the time.
d) It would be incomplete discussing the proems encouraged without mentioning the issue of respondents. The single chief (officer) made it that information refused by the head of office cannot be obtained elsewhere. However, it is worthy of role that the above constraints did not invalidate the result of my research.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
a) Management: Management is the effective civilization of both human and non-human resource to achieve objective of the organization.
b) ENTRACO: Enugu State Transport cooperation
c) TRANSPORT: Is the movement of people and goods through rehidetrain, plane and ship.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF ADVERTISING ON BUSINESS GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN TARABA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF DIAMOND BANK JALINGO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Business enterprises are generally thought to play a crucial role in driving economic growth in b...Continue Reading »
2. AN EVALUATION OF CUSTOMER CARE SERVICES IN RESTAURANTS (A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED QUICK SERVICES RESTAURANTS IN ENUGU METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, as evidenced by cumulative experiences acquired through reading and observation, ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The repeated occurrence of conflict in our various business organizations both in the public and ...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF JOB SATISFACTION ON EMPLOYEES’ PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIGERIA PLC, AKPAKPAVA BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Poverty is one of the intractable problems facing mankind today. In 1995, an estimated 1.3 billio...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research takes a look at the adoption of merger and acquisition as a growth strategy in business organization. There is no gainsaying th...Continue Reading »
6. IMPACT OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF AMA BREWERY, 9TH MILE CORNER, ENUGU)» TABLE OF CONTENTS TITLE..................................................................................................................................Continue Reading »
7. The Influence Of Organization Background On Training Manpower Development And Employee Performance» ABSTRACT The training of Manpower Development and Employee Performance in an Organization was studied with The Ministry of Finance in Akwa Ibom State ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract x CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1....Continue Reading »
9. IMPACT OF BANK-SPECIFIC FACTORS AND MACROECONOMIC VARIABLES ON NONPERFORMING LOANS OF LISTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The financial sector plays crucial roles in economic growth and development by virtue of its fina...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Environmentalism has fast emerged as a worldwide phenomenon, leading business firms to be part of the phenomenon by practicing green marketin...Continue Reading »