Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
As industries engage in production of goods and services, they need to make them available to consumers at the right time right place and at the least cost (price).All these cannot be without effective and efficient system put in place. Distribution strategy is the transfer of products from one place to another or from one manufacturer such as wholesaler, retailer, agents and other means such as transportation, communication warehousing etc. (Jobber 2002). Distribution contributes no profit to companies account.
However, without satisfactory distribution drastically which could lead to over stock, due to low sales or patronage of consumers, redundancy in production due to shortage of low material.Dangote group of company was founded in 1977 with the formation ofAlco International Limited. Subsequently Dangote Nigeria Limited wasincorporated during the 1980s and 1990s, the group ventured into theimportation of sugar, milk, flour, fish, rice, cement and iron rods, later,the group embarked on the haulage business, which started with 60struck under Dangote transport.
Dangote industries limited was incorporated in-order to sustain thegroups market leadership in trading commodities and to expand intomanufacturing of food, clothing and build materials,
Focus was placed on the following; sugar refining, flour milling, pastaproduction, salt processing, bulk cement bagging, oil and gasexportation, real estate, propylene bag manufacturing, haulage, textiles,maritime operations and telecommunications. The technical departments specialize through its branches and the stores of approved dealer through the century in the sales and servicing of a wide range of technical products. The company acts through this department as major stockiest and supplier of a comprehensive industry and all types of lighting fitting including water industrial.
Ø The general merchandise department with connection through leading manufacturers in Nigeria and all over the wide range of hardware.
Ø The report service department offer warehouse and delivery services to local manufacturers. This enables them to maintain better stock at all major centers for supply to their distributors.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The importance of distribution system has been neglected in favour of other marketing functions, manufacturers however, often forget the fact that the only marketing function that linked the consumer products and marketing is the distribution network. The negligence of producers as matter of facts has hampered the effectiveness of distribution system to function well.
The problem of poor Distribution Strategy which are usually defective due to lack of skills and expertise and reliable and accurate information on the sides of the managers, which will often leads to poor forecast and formulation of vague goals and objectives. Also poor policies and implementation strategies is yet another problem which in most cases leads to deviation of results from the sets goals, and poor feedback.
Finally, the very dynamic nature of the business environment which makes forecasting practically impossible, sometimes Jeopardizes the organizational policy.Distribution strategy attracts more business partner and improves company development through satisfying her customers. Companies like Dangote Group of Company require good distribution system to meet the supply with her competitors such Unilever Nigeria, PIc Guinness Nigeria Plc and Nigeria Breweries Plc.). It is based on the above that the researcher tends to investigate Distribution strategies and customer satisfaction of selected manufacturing firms in Port Harcourt.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The major purpose of this research is to critically examine the distribution strategies and customer satisfaction in manufacturing firms.
1. To examine the association between Intensive Distribution and customer satisfaction in Port Harcourt.
2. To examine the association between Extensive Distributionand customer satisfaction in Port Harcourt.
3. To examine the association between Selective Distribution and customer satisfaction in Port Harcourt
1.4 Research Questions
To what extent will quality service bring about customer loyalty?
1. To what extent does Intensive Distribution affect customer satisfaction in Port Harcourt?
2. To what extent does Extensive Distribution affect customer satisfaction in Port Harcourt?
3. To what extent does Selective Distributive affect customer satisfaction in Port Harcourt?
Source: Conceptualized from literature, 2016
1.6 Research Hypotheses
H01: These are significant relationship between Intensive Distribution and Repeat Purchase.
H02: These is significant relationship between Extensive Distribution and Customer Loyalty
H03: These is significant relationship between Selective Distribution and Customer Advocacy
1.7 Scope of the Study
The scope of this study covers Distribution Strategy and Customer Satisfaction. This research work will be restricted to the operations of manufacturing firms in Port Harcourt. This will enable the researchers to generalize and affirm how effective Distribution Strategy has been able to bring about customer satisfaction in organizations.
1.8 Significance of the study
This research work shall be of great benefit to.
The marketer: Who will find the findings of this work very useful, this is because effective distribution strategy expose and make it easy for customer to make order or accept order, it will also make it easy for customers to get what they want at the right time, right place form and the right source. Thus, the study of what distribution strategy to adopt to increase productivity will help the marketer realize his mistakes of the past.
The Company: Will find this research finding guide valuable, this is because the findings will enable them known their deficiencies and how to correct them.Future Researchers: Will also benefit a lot from this study this is because they may likely want to expand or change their strategy, this work will serve as a stepping stone.
1.9 Definition of Terms
Distribution Strategy: A plan created by management of a manufacturing business that specifies how firm intends to transfer its products to intermediaries, retailers and end consumers.
Consumer: Is end user of company goods and or services.
Satisfaction: The fulfillment or gratification of a desire, need, or appetite.
Channel of Distribution: The set of all individual and firms that take assist in transferring title of particular goods and services as its move from the producers to the consumers.
Extensive Distribution is often used in an attempt to achievemarket penetration by makinginformation about a product or product line, as well as the product themselves, available to a large number of individuals. The opposite of selective distribution.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION One element that has undergone tremendous change in the past decade is branding and packaging according to Rahim, liberal...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 114 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
2. CONTINGENT PAY AND EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY: A STUDY OF SELECTED BANKS IN ONITSHA METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT This study sets out to examine the impact of contingent pay on employee performance in the banking industry. Probabilistic sampling technique...Continue Reading »
99 pages | 128 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
3. THE EFFECT OF AUDITING ON THE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF HAMDALA HOTEL, KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The dynamic nature of business environment growth and increasing complexity of business has made ...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 142 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
4. CAPITAL BUDGETING MODERATORS AND SHAREHOLDERS’ WEALTH MAXIMIZATION IN THE NIGERIAN COMMERCIAL BANKS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The focus on shareholder’s wealth has gained much importance in recent times within the Nig...Continue Reading »
186 pages | 65 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
5. THE EFFECTS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE STRATEGIES ON CORPORATE PERFORMANCE IN GHANAIAN BANKS: A CASE STUDY OF BARCLAYS BANK GHANA LIMITED (ASAFO BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Globalised competition has stressed the strategic importance of satisfaction, quality and consequ...Continue Reading »
106 pages | 198 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
6. EFFECT OF INSOURCING OR OUTSOURCING DECISION ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF PZ IN CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Insourcing and/or Outsourcing decision is referred to in purchasing as sourcing policy decisi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 297 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Nigeria’s revenue profile comprises of oil and gas and non oil sectors. The oil and gas sector ...Continue Reading »
251 pages | 108 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
8. AN ASSOCIATION OF BRAND EQUITY AND CORPORATE PERFROMMANCE OF SOME SELECTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS, IN NIGERIA» SECTION ONE 1.1 Background to the Study Globally, brand equity and corporate performance have in recent years become popular topical issue in both dev...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 153 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT This project has been able to carry out Small and Medium Scale business enterprises and economic growth. The research sample is randomly sele...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 339 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Today, work life balance has become an increasingly pervasive concern to both employers and employees of most organisati...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 305 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION