Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 75 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
As business is becoming more and more complex, organizations are tending to group together and to increase in size.
Establishments in the same group of companies may frequently be separated geographically by considerable distance. Therefore, it is impossible to hold effective meetings or to contact all interested parties. Consequently, a good communications is essential to the effective operation of any organization. This is because of its persuasive nature.
Communication is often referred to as the network that binds together all the members and activities within an organization through “communication” is a highly ambiguous term which stems from the latin word “communiqué” is meaning to share, to make common to comport for the purpose of this study, I shall defined it (communication) as the preference of information is, sharing of ideals and instructions of feeling between individual or groups of individual and within or between organizations at inter-organizational levels. Though, the transmission of this information, ideals and their activities may co-ordinate in the pursuit of organizational goals and individuals satisfaction. However, in order to achieve this, management must decide upon the form and content in any items of communication. To do these properly, it is essential first to decide the exact purpose of this communication and a thorough appreciation of the knowledge, understanding, interest and attitudes at those who will receive the information. Hence, management of kinds has a greats responsibility to ensure that adequate communication occurs in their organization, communication therefore become an indispensable functions of people and organizations or the organism relocates its part and its environment and relate its part and its internal processes one to the other. That is to say, communication is the life wire of any meaningful existing organization.
However, it is worth noting that communication even between friends is at best difficult and at time impossible to achieve, in spite of their relationship, it may be expected therefore, that where hierarchical relationship exists as in Hamdala Hotel, and where interpersonal feelings are some time more negative, even more attention and effort, it is to yield the level of understanding necessary for efficient operations. Inspite of the complexity of the process, communication have fundamental that are important to managers and supervisors.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The passing of information is not only from supervisor to subordinate. It also emanates from subordinate to supervisor; in Hamdala Hotel, it is not only between organization but information could also be passed horizontally for instance within Hamdala Hotel from one department to another failure to communicate effectively has became a constants source of frictions, between departments in the work situation. If one where to devolved into the cause of some of the constant conflicts which arises between department or between individuals one would find that most of them arouse because “we were not informed”. Many good managers have been devolved because major decisions affecting their departments were taken without them being involved. Poor communication in Hamdala Hotel may lead to conflict at the detriment of efficient and effective communication and the ultimate success of the organization concern (Hamdala Hotel).
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THIS STUDY
The following are the specific objectives which the researcher intends to achieve:
i) To evaluate ways of improving effective communication in an organization.
ii) To evaluate the roles of communication.
iii) To determines barriers to effective communication in an organization.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will specifically benefit Hamdala Hotel, the employees and the consumers at large for the organization. It will experience meeting up with its production, sales and profit targets without any bottleneck. For the employees, materials will always be available for continuous production without a delay. Huge financial returns will occur to boost their wages and bonuses. The consumers will enjoy quantity and quality goods and services on schedule. It is also hope that this contribution will be of benefit to the students, professionals, researchers, lecturers, who are seeking for information in the area of Hotel Management.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. What are the causes of ineffective communication in an organization?
2. What are the roles of effective communication in an organization?
3. What are the barriers to effective communication in an organization?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Communication might be as vital as the attainment of high profit by organizations. This therefore, underline its importance to organizations, which formed the basis of this study by ascertaining what role it could play in enhancing productivity in Hamdala Hotel with emphasis on Kaduna Branch.
The researcher has intended to limit himself to the role of effective communication in Hamdala Hotel, Kaduna. This result from my believe that, the uses and methods of communication in Hotel Management will definitely reflect what happen to organization and its kinds. The researcher choice of Hamdala Hotel is therefore informed by the existing geographical proximity which could allowed me easy access to relevant document and data that will aid the success of the study.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Every research activity has its constraints. This particular one is however not an exception. Certain factors limit the process of writing this research work, which include:
1. Inadequate research materials
The research materials on this subject matter were very few. The much relied library is field up with outdated books, which are of little relevance to current research.
Moreover, the lost of new and updated materials are exorbitant which make them not readily affordable.
2. Lack of cooperation of subjects
Sourcing for information from source of respondents was not an easy task, particularly with regards to some information that are regarded as classified or highly confidential to the company, the degree of cooperation of staff of Hamdala Hotel was minimal.
3. Low return of questionnaire
In the process of gathering data, it was discovered that not all questionnaire issued out were returned. Some of them were also wrongly filled which means a great deal of relevant information was held back and which could have enhanced the quality of this study.
4. Inaccessibility to subjects
Another constraint encountered during the research is the inaccessibility to the inventory management manager who was not always on sit to provide desired data.
However, inspite of all aforementioned constraints, the researcher was able to still present an unprecedented research work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» INTRODUCTION 1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY In any developing economy, the government is the main initiator and promoter economic development, especially in N...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMAPCT OF MANAGEMENT BY OBJECTUVE (MBO) ON THE PERFORMANCE OF AN EMPLOYEE (A CASE STUDY OF LOPA ENERGY CO LTD)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The underlying belief is that this involvement of employee lead to commitment and if an employee is committed he can be direc...Continue Reading »
3. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN NIGERIA’S TELECOMMUNICATION SECTOR A CASE STUDY OF GLOBACOM NIGERIA LIMITED ENUGU ZONE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION: BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Corporate Social Responsibility an essentially American phenomenon has over the years become a m...Continue Reading »
4. STRATEGY FOR IMPROVING WORKERS MORALE AND PRODUCTIVITY IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF ISOKO NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In every organizational set up, you will always find two indispensible group. These are the employers and the employees. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Change management is the continous process of aligning an organization with its market place and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Risk Management is the identification assessment and prioritization of risks. It is the effect of...Continue Reading »
7. AN EVALUATION OF PRIVATIZATION PROGRAMME AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOLS FOR ENHANCING PRODUCTIVITY PUBLIC ENTERPRISE IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Privatization of state owned enterprises (SOEs) has become a key component of the structural refo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY There is little question that unemployment has been and continues to be one of the most serious and p...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF AUDITING ON THE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF HAMDALA HOTEL, KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The dynamic nature of business environment growth and increasing complexity of business has made ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research was embarked upon to gain institute into growth of indigenous firms in Nigeria. This is specifically an attempt to investigate ...Continue Reading »