Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 75 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
As business is becoming more and more complex, organizations are tending to group together and to increase in size.
Establishments in the same group of companies may frequently be separated geographically by considerable distance. Therefore, it is impossible to hold effective meetings or to contact all interested parties. Consequently, a good communications is essential to the effective operation of any organization. This is because of its persuasive nature.
Communication is often referred to as the network that binds together all the members and activities within an organization through “communication” is a highly ambiguous term which stems from the latin word “communiqué” is meaning to share, to make common to comport for the purpose of this study, I shall defined it (communication) as the preference of information is, sharing of ideals and instructions of feeling between individual or groups of individual and within or between organizations at inter-organizational levels. Though, the transmission of this information, ideals and their activities may co-ordinate in the pursuit of organizational goals and individuals satisfaction. However, in order to achieve this, management must decide upon the form and content in any items of communication. To do these properly, it is essential first to decide the exact purpose of this communication and a thorough appreciation of the knowledge, understanding, interest and attitudes at those who will receive the information. Hence, management of kinds has a greats responsibility to ensure that adequate communication occurs in their organization, communication therefore become an indispensable functions of people and organizations or the organism relocates its part and its environment and relate its part and its internal processes one to the other. That is to say, communication is the life wire of any meaningful existing organization.
However, it is worth noting that communication even between friends is at best difficult and at time impossible to achieve, in spite of their relationship, it may be expected therefore, that where hierarchical relationship exists as in Hamdala Hotel, and where interpersonal feelings are some time more negative, even more attention and effort, it is to yield the level of understanding necessary for efficient operations. Inspite of the complexity of the process, communication have fundamental that are important to managers and supervisors.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The passing of information is not only from supervisor to subordinate. It also emanates from subordinate to supervisor; in Hamdala Hotel, it is not only between organization but information could also be passed horizontally for instance within Hamdala Hotel from one department to another failure to communicate effectively has became a constants source of frictions, between departments in the work situation. If one where to devolved into the cause of some of the constant conflicts which arises between department or between individuals one would find that most of them arouse because “we were not informed”. Many good managers have been devolved because major decisions affecting their departments were taken without them being involved. Poor communication in Hamdala Hotel may lead to conflict at the detriment of efficient and effective communication and the ultimate success of the organization concern (Hamdala Hotel).
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THIS STUDY
The following are the specific objectives which the researcher intends to achieve:
i) To evaluate ways of improving effective communication in an organization.
ii) To evaluate the roles of communication.
iii) To determines barriers to effective communication in an organization.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will specifically benefit Hamdala Hotel, the employees and the consumers at large for the organization. It will experience meeting up with its production, sales and profit targets without any bottleneck. For the employees, materials will always be available for continuous production without a delay. Huge financial returns will occur to boost their wages and bonuses. The consumers will enjoy quantity and quality goods and services on schedule. It is also hope that this contribution will be of benefit to the students, professionals, researchers, lecturers, who are seeking for information in the area of Hotel Management.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. What are the causes of ineffective communication in an organization?
2. What are the roles of effective communication in an organization?
3. What are the barriers to effective communication in an organization?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Communication might be as vital as the attainment of high profit by organizations. This therefore, underline its importance to organizations, which formed the basis of this study by ascertaining what role it could play in enhancing productivity in Hamdala Hotel with emphasis on Kaduna Branch.
The researcher has intended to limit himself to the role of effective communication in Hamdala Hotel, Kaduna. This result from my believe that, the uses and methods of communication in Hotel Management will definitely reflect what happen to organization and its kinds. The researcher choice of Hamdala Hotel is therefore informed by the existing geographical proximity which could allowed me easy access to relevant document and data that will aid the success of the study.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Every research activity has its constraints. This particular one is however not an exception. Certain factors limit the process of writing this research work, which include:
1. Inadequate research materials
The research materials on this subject matter were very few. The much relied library is field up with outdated books, which are of little relevance to current research.
Moreover, the lost of new and updated materials are exorbitant which make them not readily affordable.
2. Lack of cooperation of subjects
Sourcing for information from source of respondents was not an easy task, particularly with regards to some information that are regarded as classified or highly confidential to the company, the degree of cooperation of staff of Hamdala Hotel was minimal.
3. Low return of questionnaire
In the process of gathering data, it was discovered that not all questionnaire issued out were returned. Some of them were also wrongly filled which means a great deal of relevant information was held back and which could have enhanced the quality of this study.
4. Inaccessibility to subjects
Another constraint encountered during the research is the inaccessibility to the inventory management manager who was not always on sit to provide desired data.
However, inspite of all aforementioned constraints, the researcher was able to still present an unprecedented research work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF STOCK MANAGEMENT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC» ABSTRACT The research provides an assessment of the impact of stock management on the Performance of an organization. It analyses the nature of stock ...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM IN REVENUE GENERATION IN ORGANIZATION (CASE STUDY OF SOME BANKS IN NIGERIA)» ABSTRACT The objective of this study was to evaluate the internal control system in operation at power holding company of Nigeria Plc in Enugu State w...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE ESSAY Management study has revolved over long period of time and successive means of thought in industry an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to Enudu (1999), the business environment is characterized by a lot of uncertainties ra...Continue Reading »
5. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT PRACTICES AND OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED FLOUR MILLS COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In recent years, many firms in the world have faced several challenges particularly in inventory ...Continue Reading »
6. APPLICATION OF MARKETING CONTROL TECHNIQUES IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN ENUGU L.G.A OF ENUGU STATE (A CASE STUDY OF EMENITE LIMITED EMENE ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1: 1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Marketing plays a dominant role in the successful management of business in the world of Drucker [1973; 9] bu...Continue Reading »
7. AN APPRAISAL OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF NATIONAL YOUTH DEVELOPMENT POLICY IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF YOBE STATE FROM 2007-2014» Abstract This study examines the principles of the implementation of the National Youth Development Policy (NYDP) at the local government level in Yob...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It should be recanted that a decision is a choice where by a person forms a conclusion about a si...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is centered on the importance of stock control and management in business organization to enable the research obtain relevant ma...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF PRODUCT INNOVATION ON THE GROWTH OF A FIRM. (A CASE STUDY OF GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE.)» ABSTRACT For an organization to succeed, their ability lies on the innovation or the development of new products and effectively establish the new pro...Continue Reading »