Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Energy crises, with their attendant social and economic cum political consequences are not new phenomena on the International scene. In Nigeria, non-renewable energy, crude oil (petroleum) remains the highest demand energy source. Thus, there has been politics and the causes and consequences of incessant price increase in Nigeria.
Between 1999 and now (2007) pump prices have officially increased from 9419.00 per litre to 8 75 per litre, about 295% increase. In many instances, black market and unofficial pump prices have gone as high as W120 per litre and above.
Wherever there is pump price increase in Nigeria, the justification for the like in prices is always anchored on the need to reduce subsidy in the efforts of subject the determination of prices to market forces. For instance, two days to the end of eight - year rube as elected president of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo affected another increase in the process of petroleum products. By executive fiat, he succeeded in raising the price of petrol from 865.00 to 9475.00 and kerosene from 9454.00 to 964.00 per litre.
The price of diesel, which was said to have been fully deregulated, was not affected. The reasons for the price increase were the traditional justifications reinforced with supportive ones. The supplementary excuses, this time around, include the need for marketers to recover cost and to enable new investors in crude oil refinery to recoup their money. .
It is obvious that these increases in pump prices are not the long term solution. They are not sustainable crude prices. What it crude prices rise or 180 a barrel or even more? Will we continue to increase our pump prices to ensure that cost of importation are recovered? This is because cost recovery is the plank of the argument put forward by the Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) in allowing increases in pump prices. In any case, Nigeria is the 6th largest producer of crude oil in the world and this is the area where Nigerians are most valuable in the face of large scale pump prices like. To an average Nigerian, when there is pump prices increase, it means more money for governance. And yet, there is vast unemployment and poverty in the c~untry .
Be that as it may, it is painful to notice that the people behind the constant petroleum product price increase have little or no feelings to the economic have little or no feelings to the economic implications their actions. This has generated serious problems in the country ranging from industrial actions mass protects, inflations, civil unrest in Niger Delta, Pipe line vandalization etc.
However, this research work ought to analyze the cause of constant petroleum price increases, the economic implications and the way forward.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigeria as a country fully endowed with human and material resources have the right playing groun...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION This chapter defined the meaning of financial institution, how they perform their function on the small scale industries ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Nigeria’s revenue profile comprises of oil and gas and non oil sectors. The oil and gas sector ...Continue Reading »
4. MANPOWER PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT AS A TOOL HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY. A CASE STUDY OF LIFE FLOUR MILL, SAPELE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In a modern organization that emphasis division of labour, the function of the personnel officer ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The capital market has been identified as an institution that contributes to the socio economic g...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According the Kotler (1986:80 distribution channel involves planning, implementing and controllin...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF OFFICE ENVIRONMENT ON THE MORAL AND PRODUCTIVITY OF SECRETARIES IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In this part of the world a careful observer would agree that it is not uncommon new that that wh...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Wages and employment relations if well structured will bring about employee job performance, one of the crucial factors in maintaining and in...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED BUSINESS ENTERPRISES IN UGHE...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In every social formation or environment man finds it necessary to bring themselves together in o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigerian textile industry is characterized with ineffective incentives, political uncertainty, acute power shortage, poor infrastructure, smu...Continue Reading »