Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 79 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Change as a fact of life in modern organization and in the world in general in at the same time a disruptive and disorienting event which people continue to resist. Individuals resist changes for reason ranging from self interest to low tolerance to change organization on its part tend to change plans, technologies organization structures, people etc to improve the standard level of the performance. Effective leadership in times of change will consider the nature of the change (including its effect) so as to e able to choose from among a variety of strategies to overcome resistance.
In the dynamic society surround, today’s organization, the question of whether change will occur is no longer relevant instead, the issue is how do managers and leaders cope with the inevitable barrage of changes that confront them daily in attempting to keep their organization viable and current.
The economic transformation where in the industrial resolution brought with it new and constantly changing ways of conducting business planning implementing managing change in a fast changing environment is increasingly implementing and managing change in a past changing environment is increasingly the solution in which most organization now work.
The Nigeria economy for instance, with the new bank reforms, the minimum capital requirement of N25 billion has resulted in bank consolidating
through mergers and acquisition. Dynamic environment such as this require dynamic processes, people, systems and culture especially, notably effectively optimizing organizational response to market opportunities and threats.
United bank for Africa plc is one of the leading and oldest financial services groups in Nigeria and sub Sahara Africa. Its diversified-base of shareholders include individuals, institutions and leading international bank such as Dentsche Bankers Trust, Banca Nazionnale der lavovo and note dei paslidisiena.
UBA is the first maturational bank to be registered under Nigeria law, the first Nigerian bank to open a branch in the U.S.A the first and only Nigerian bank issue global depository receipt which makes its share easily accessibly and tradable to investors he first to be listed on the first to be listed on the Nigerian bank to establish a branch on university campus.
UBA plc has grown steadily and rapidly over the years and as 250 branches and offices across Nigeria, including two foreign branches in New York and Grand Cayman Island thus making it one of the leading international banks in Africa.
UBA provide a wide range of financial service to national and multinational companies, government institution non-governmental institutions, multilateral institution, small and medium scale businesses and individuals throughout its network.
In January 2006, following the new bank reform in Nigeria, UBA and standard trust bank of Nigeria merges as a single corporate entity. Thus consolidation has actually introduced various changes, consequently has introduced difficulties in the discharging of banking services. Thus this research is aimed at resolving some, if not all of this shut coming.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In the organization, attempts to resist change are some time called organizational inertia. That is inertia is a term, which describes the tendency of members in an organization to resist new and unwanted changes.
There are times when organizations are likely to change time during which changes is less likely. Even if the reed for change is high and resistance to change low, (two) important factors) it does not follow that organization change will occur change is likely to occur when the people involved [Jennifer 1996; 600] the benefits are reflected by three consolidations reviewed here.
The amount of satisfaction with current conditions the availability of desirable alternatives and the existence of plan for achieving those alternatives only when the readiness for change is high will organizational change effort be successful.
This work is expected to provide solution to the following problems at the end of the research.
1.2.1 Overcoming resistance to change
1.2.1 Effective implementation of change plan
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study rest on the following main points.
1.3 To determine the cause of change in service organization
1.3.2 To determine the effect of change in the management of service based organization.
1.3.3 To determine the factors that facilitate or hinder successful change programme.
1.3.4 To develop a strategy for successful change implementation in the organization.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1.4.1 What are the factors that call for change in the organization?
1.4.2 What are the problems faced in implementing change?
1.4.3 What are the control system to implementing change programme in the service based organization?
1.4.4 To what extent does change management affect the effectiveness service based organization?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the major economic backwardness of the most third world countries like Nigeria is the over...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 303 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
2. CREDIT MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS OF PROFIT ORIENTED ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA PLC, UYO AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT It is axiomatic that all private sector participation in business, whether in small medium or large scale aim at optimal and prudent utilizat...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 139 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
3. EFFECT OF INSOURCING OR OUTSOURCING DECISION ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF PZ IN CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Insourcing and/or Outsourcing decision is referred to in purchasing as sourcing policy decisi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 325 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Knowledge management was scientific discipline in earlier 1990s, supported solely by practitioners after somet...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 100 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT In a society where people with a diverse interests, views and values co exist, differences between such individuals and group are to be expec...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 103 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» Chapter one Introduction A firm usually evaluates its working capital management whether small or medium. The sole motive of every business is to make...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 103 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
7. AN ANALYSIS OF FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT AND GROWTH OF THE COMMUNICATION SUBSECTOR: A STUDY OF NIGERIAN TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY “Statelessness does provide certain environmental advantages. Among the benefits are the ab...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
8. ASSESSING PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL TECHNIQUES IN ORGANISATION (A case study of Nigerian Bottling Company Plc, Kaduna)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Organisations uses performance appraisal their strength and weaknesses and to improve in thei...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 117 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
9. ADMINISTRATION OF PENSION SCHEME AND PENSIONERS’ WELFARE: A STUDY OF ADAMAWA STATE PENSION BOARD, FROM 2004-2014» GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The administration of pension scheme is not a contemporary phenomenal or practice. Memorably, it can ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 84 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUTION 1.1 Background of the Study In order to get a clear picture of the subject matter it is imperative to defined cooperative. ICA...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 282 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION