Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study of this research is effects of motivation and job satisfaction on organizational productivity. A case study of federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri Imo State. Organizational motivation in the factor that leads to job satisfaction. It is important to increase motivation and job satisfaction among employees. The complexity in operations and functions requires that whether of public or private sector, we have to put in place appropriate organization techniques and managerial skill to facilities job satisfaction. This research work is organized in five chapter. Chapter one introduce the project and looks into the problem, objective, significance, scope and limitation of the study, research questions statement of hypothesis and definitions of terms chapter two literature review and introduction, references chapter three research design and methodology research design, sources/methods of data collection, population and sample size, sample technique method of data analysis and validity and reliability of measuring instrument. Chapter four presentation and analysis of data presentation of data analysis of data test of hypothesis and interpretation of results. Chapter five takes a look at the summary of findings, conclusion, recommendations, references, and appendix.
1.1 Background Of The Study
Organizational motivation is the factor that leads to job satisfaction. It is important to increase motivation and job satisfaction among employees. The complexity in operations and functions requires that whether of public or private sector, we have to put in place appropriate organization techniques and managerial skill to facilitate job satisfaction.
Mangers are therefore task with the responsibility of combing available resources in the right proportion to work with the employee and through them to achieve the desired result of the organization.
In the past, human performance in are job situation was not solely a function of the aptitudes or skills that the employee brought to the work place, rather a reaction based on the spurring energizing or including factor of the organization adopted in the actualization of their act goals. The condition responsible for variation in the intensity, quality and directions of ongoing behavior of employees the organization is called by the individual attempts to satisfy his her needs. (Akanwa P.U 2004) in this effect, management must be well informed of the behaviors of individual working in an organization before embarking on any process of motivation.
This is because if the subordinate needs are satisfied it leads to job satisfaction and efficiency which induce them to work or act but where the contrary is the case the employees does their work grudgingly and inefficiency. This therefore show that motivation is an ongoing process within an organization is success must be achieved since the effective mobilization and utilization of the effort of worker who make up the labour forces lies within the individual and their environment which provide them with feedback and reinforce the put density and direction.
Looking at the issue in another perspective it has been observed that human being differs in their personalities and need in this extent to which they would like to remain committed to their chosen occupations depending on the extent to which these job satisfy their needs material can therefore profit by matching task requirement and behavior per-disposition. But in a situation when an organization plays down on the motivation of it deployment or delayance of payment of wages and salaries in other benefits, there arises a condition in which workers feel retarded and hunted by fear of job security finally this research work carried out in federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri bears the fact that motivation does not necessarily has to be made up of extrinsic rewards which induce job satisfaction and high productivity this can also be found in other organization.
1.2 Statement Of Problem
From the earlier stage, the problem of motivation in many organizations has resulted from the that workers are not satisfied with their jobs which made them to keep on searching for the kind of jobs that will enhance their satisfaction and needs.
Firstly it is an established fact that an employer is expected to provide working conditions that are conducive to the welfare of employees in order to maintain as table happen and healthy work force, but t has have not been able to identify this in this respect, rewards needs satisfaction and individual difference of person who receives them. It also attracts them. It also attracts the attemption of the managers in coordinating most cases misapply in the organizational setting such as decision making which must be done with the co-operation of the subordinates as a way of pursing the organization forward and also know the individual perspectives in some cases of the organization which if not done the organization would be faced with an up till task in its bid to satisfy workers and gain their commitments if the worker situation or career is not in consonance with their personalities, prestige and needs.
As the concept of motivation is always misapplied and equally meant different things to many employees in an organization despite volume of previous research material on the topic, this investigators though it wise to conduct research into motivation and job satisfaction of workers in federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri in order to as certain the applicability or other wise of the concept in the establishment.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
The objectives of this study in addition to fulfilling an academic requirement which includes the following:
1. To investigate whether or not employees in statutory establishment are being motivated with working condition conducive to job satisfaction.
2. To ascertain whether workers are allowed to participate in decision making in federal polytechnic Nekede and to see if the absence or presence of workers participation in decision faction.
3. The research is also carried out to investigate if the availability of incentives such as promotion, training and of the year bonus job security etc. put workers into higher performance thereby bringing about higher productivity.
4. To offer suggestions on measures that can enhance job satisfaction in organization both private and public satisfaction so as to minimize administrative problem arising from complete lack of or poorly applied incentives to worker.
1.4 Research Questions
1. In your establishment are there specific incentive given to workers?
2. Does you of the view that workers should participate in decision making in the organization?
3. Are you of the view that workers should participate in decision making in the organization?
4. Does the position occupied in the institution earn you job satisfaction?
5. Has the management ever sponsored you for an in services training?
6. Do you thin that the institution has done enough in staff training?
7. Do you think management here does enough in the area of promotion?
8. Do you like your present job?
9. Do workers need to be promoted?
1.5 Statement Of Hypotyesis
The hypotheses to be tested for the purpose of this research work are:
Hi: the more workers participate in decision making the more the more it makes them feel unsatisfied with their job.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
The significance of this study is to enable the management of federal polytechnic Nekede to understand how staff feed, about their and the type of policies to adopt in order increase their effort. It will also assist the head of departments to know how to conduct or carried out their jobs and other research policy makers in increasing the job satisfaction of the organization and how to control it. It will also guide administrative policies on how best to formulate administrative policies especially with regard to motivation of workers.
1.7 Scope Of The Study
The scope of this duty will focus on the effects of organizational motivation and job satisfaction it was also carried out in federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri Imo State precisely.
1.8 Limitation Of The Study
While conduction this project the research encountered certain limitation such include those of financial constraints time factor and the reluctance information.
1.9 Definition Of Terms
This project work involved the use of words which will appear strange in other field of human Endeavour the words that needs explanations include:
Job Satisfaction: this refers to the feeling of has for the job he is currently on.
Motivation: this could be said to be the reason why people behaviour as they do or that which stimulates and influence positive behaviour in work situation.
Extrinsic Reward: this refers to the external force or drive which has the power to induce an individual to perform.
Intrinsic Reward: it is the internal force or drive which energizes one to perform his duties.
Worker: in ordinary to do physical or mental work a person employed to do physical order to earning a living.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Liquidity management in financial context means ways with which assets can easily be converti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Recruitment and Selection is a vital process for every successful organization because having the...Continue Reading »
3. THE PROBLEMS OF FINANCING A SMALL SCALE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA A CASE STUDY OF GARRI PROCESSING INDUSTRY ABAKPA NIKE ENUGU» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is necessary to stress the point that to succeed in business require some measure of disciplin...Continue Reading »
4. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF CONFLICT AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT IN AN INSTITUTION (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT The main focus of this study was to examine the Assessment of the Impact of Conflict and Conflict management in an Institution, A case study ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study uses the framework of the agency theory to systematically investigate the relationship between corporate governance mechanisms; bo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION / BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYIn the olden days, the concept of advertising might not have been as an important tool for the m...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In any organization human resources are the important assets. Every organization is human oriented, a factor without which the organization i...Continue Reading »
8. AN APPRAISAL OF SUCCESS CRITERIA FOR ENTREPRENUESHIP BUSINESS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF JULI SUPERMARKET LAGOS)» ABSTRACT The study proffers an appraisal of success criteria for entrepreneurship business in Nigeria.Entrepreneurship is The capacity and willingness...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study It is a fact in materials management that continuity in production or provision of services on con...Continue Reading »
10. THE USE OF LOCAL PIGMENTS AND EXTENDERS FOR FORMULATION & PRODUCTION OF EMULSION PAINT LETTER OF TRANSMITAL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Paint is a fluid, or semi fluid material which may be applied to surfaces in relatively thin layers, and which changes to a s...Continue Reading »