Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 36 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
No matter the amount of money spent on equipment, plant and machinery, building etc. if the ingredient for production are not efficiently managed the entire amount committed will become a waste. As essential as these are without working capital there is going to be a set back.
Aminu (2003) defines working capital as a firms investment in short term assets that is cash account receivable, short term or marketable securities and inventories similar Philip (2001) sees working capital as items that are required for day to day production of goods (services) to be sold by a firm.
Philip (2001) stated that working capital management refers to a process of all aspect of the administrations of both current assets and current liabilities. He also explains that it is a process of planning, directing, controlling and decision making over working capital to achieve the aims and objectives of the company. Philip (2001) defines management as a process of planning, directing, controlling and decision making in order to achieve the aims.
Finance is a broad term that describes two related activities, the study of how money is managed and the actual process acquiring needed funds, while Don (2012) defined finance as a field that deals with the study of investment that includes the dynamics of assets and liabilities over time under conditions of different degree of uncertainty and risk.
The availability of working capital is an important factor to be consider as it is a pivot upon which the life of the firm revolves. But more importantly it is the ability of the manager to harness the components of working capital to bring about consistency in the success and growth of the firm. The efficiency and effectiveness of the management of this vital ingredient is a determining factor of the company’s community in business.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
It is an established fact that no matter how an organization is well equipped with both machines and human resources without the necessary working capital management operating the business will be difficult and the organization will not be able to produce goods and services. Working capital plays a very important role in the success of any organization especially in a manufacturing concern. In a period when there is surplus cash flow in an organization, the effect of working capital may not be notified and this is not always obtained in many organizations. Philip (2001) observed that poor management of working capital in business often leads to low profits and lack of capital investment structure (short and long term). With the present global economic recession, increasing interest rate and therefore it is necessary to assess the working capital management on the financial performance in sunglass Kaduna.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The study would attempt to achieve the following objectives
i) To analyze the sources of working capital for sunglass limited
ii) to identify the relevance of working capital to operational performance
iii) To identify the components of working capital of sunglass limited
iv) To assess the working capital management on financial performance of sunglass limited
The following questions are formulated to guide the study
(i) What are the relevance of working capital to the manufacturing company
(ii) How can we asses the working capital management on financial performance in sunglass limited Kaduna?
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of the study are as follows:
i. Individuals who will have any opportunity to have company on his/her own to serve as a guide in his/her working capital management based on financial record.
ii. Serve as a reservoir of knowledge and secondary data for students companies or other interested individuals or group who may embark on research on related topic in the future
iii. The research will be of great help to the management of Sunglass Limited to trace areas of weakness and possible corrective actions to be taken as to avert similar failure in the future.
1.5 Scope of the Study
This study will be limited to assess the working capital of management on the financial performances of sunglass limited Kaduna, and the study will not cover the production capacity, but only on working capital on the financial performance.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN NIGERIA’S TELECOMMUNICATION SECTOR A CASE STUDY OF GLOBACOM NIGERIA LIMITED ENUGU ZONE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION: BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Corporate Social Responsibility an essentially American phenomenon has over the years become a m...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF SALES PROMOTION IN A BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study Sales promotion had been adopted by business firms and marketing practitioners long before the coming...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Rwanda has implemented saving and credit cooperatives to improve and to promote economic status of Rwandans. But members of these saving and ...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE: A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED ORGANISATIONS IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY:» ABSTRACT This research investigated the impact of training and development on organizational performance mainly in the service industry. The investiga...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Performance of a corporation whether profit or non profit making is of great importance as it ser...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work is on causes of business failure and possible solutions with a case study of Faith printing press, Uyo. business failure i...Continue Reading »
7. ANALYSIS OF FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR LOWPRODUCTIVITY OF THE NIGERIAN WORKERS. (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY ENUGU ZONAL OFFICE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The issue of low productivity of Nigeria workers has in recent years been a matter of great conce...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACK GROUND Performance appraisal is perhaps a programme in personnel management that is very fundamental to individuals and originati...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF MERGER AND ACQUISITION ON ORGANIZATIONAL SURVIVAL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OANDO NIG. PLC AND AGIP NIG. PLC, KADUNA ZONAL OFFICES)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The increase in oil boom in the 70’s was an era of huge and expensive prospect of doubtful ...Continue Reading »
10. COMMUNITY BANKING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN DELTA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF AGBORKA COMMUNITY BANK AGBOR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Community bank in a simple, term is a unit banking institution which is owned by people from the comm...Continue Reading »