Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 119 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGOUND TO THE STUDY
When a country has one Chief Executive who is both normal arid political head of state, wielding real executive power and responsible to the legislature for his political actions, that country is operating a presidential system of government.
ThdI United States of America and Nigeria are examples. Policies in varying degrees are made by the presidential system of government that directly or indirectly affects the Nigeria
civil service. One of the cardinal obligations of the Governinent is to take care of the citizens from cradle to the grave. In pursuance of this lofty obligations, the government relies solely on the activities and performances of the civil
service. Over the year, government had been making effort to achieve a veritable and result-oriented civil service but all effort
to achieve that seems to be a mirage. This is why recruitment, selection and placement of civil servants in the Ebonyi qtate civil service cannot be over-looked by any rational scholar
I Every organization needs three main resources to
survive. These are financial, material and human resources. Even if an organization has got all the money and the material it needs, it must still find capable people to put them into effective use. It is therefore safe to claim that human resources are about the most important of the three essential resources of an organization. It is equally true to say that human resources are the highest assets of any organization, because no matter the
amount of capital invested i n an organization, it's success or failure depends on the quality of people who execute it's programme.
It is based on the above underscore of the importance of
personnel of an organization that, Ubeku (1975: 19), said that
.some organizations without well-established personnel depSrtments fall into the error of looking for staff as and when
necessary. Ubeku contended that this is bad management. As
stated earlier, the personnel of an organization determines the successes or failure of the organization. When the personnel
polic 1es. .in a presidential system of government are well
articulated, there will be a boast of human resources.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Civil service means those officials who are charged with the responsibility of carrying out policies of the government. They are brain, eyes, hands, legs, and philosophers of the executive arm of government. Staff recruitment, selection and
placement in the Nigeria civil service has been a problem over the year. Many scholars have strived in diverse dimensions to establish a rational ways of staff recruitment . Distinguishing
feature of max Weber, the German Sociologist's ideal model of bureaucracy is that civil servants be selected purely on the basis
of merit, ascertained through written examination(rather than by
.elecbion or on the basis of Apiriori characteristics), (Max
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING MANAGEMENT/STAFF RELATIONSHIP IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study ‘‘In view of the central nature of staff relationship, and the almost universal assumption that ins...Continue Reading »
2. HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT PRACTICES AND EMPLOYEE RETENTION IN SELECTED HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY IN IKEJA, LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The hospitality industry is a functional service sector where standard human resource management ...Continue Reading »
3. AN EXAMINATION OF THE IMPACT OF RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION STRATEGIES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISE (A CASE STUDY OF NOVAL HOTEL NI...» ABSTRACT Hospitality business is a facet of the Nigerian economy that enhances economic growth and development as small and medium enterprises through...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Knowledge management was scientific discipline in earlier 1990s, supported solely by practitioners after somet...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Telecommunication industry in Nigeria from inception has been the absolute monopoly of the fe...Continue Reading »
6. PUBLIC RELATIONS STRATEGIES FOR ENCHANCING THE IMAGE OF INSURANCE COMPANIES: A STUDY OF ENUGU URBAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study. A study of insurance history reveals that insurance practice arose from the need to protect aga...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF SSABML NIGERIA LIMITED)» ABSTRACT This research is designed to cover Human Resources Planning in relation to organizational performance. As a Human Resource Manager, Human Res...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study It is a fact in materials management that continuity in production or provision of services on con...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis study examined the impact of dividend yield on stock prices of Nigerian banks; theimpact of earnings yield on stock prices of Nigeria ban...Continue Reading »
10. DETERMINANTS AND ADOPTION OF POINT OF SALES OF SELECTED BUSINESS ORGANISATIONS IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study It is observed that following the global advancement in technological development, Nigeria is not...Continue Reading »