Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Communication is a means of bringing about change. It is the mainstream of any organization growth. There is need form interaction and understanding of management-employee relations this will bring about increased performance of all parties involved in the communication process or chain. According to Banihashemi (2011), communication as a medium, a means to performance ends, or as constitutive, as the end in itself.
Communication is a process of transmitting information from one person to another. According to Stephen (2011), communication is a critical factor in directing and mobilizing the workforce towards the accomplishment of the organizational goals or objectives. By creating understanding it enhances co-operation and promote effective performance.
According to Williams (2007) smart managers understand that the end effective, straight forward communication between managers and employees is essential for success According to (Mckinney, Barker, Smith& Davis, 2004)communication is essential to effective team performance and communications for any organization is like blood flow in the human body. Therefore any organization that understands the importance of communication uses it in their organizational environment. Since, it ensures coordination of factors of production and most importantly material and human elements of organization as an efficient network of change and advancement.
According to Snavely (2001) as cited by Robins (2006), communication process is initialed through the following means the sender-encoding-the message-the channel decoding-the receiver- noise and feedback. It is estimated that managers spend over 80% of their day communicating with others. Since most of the basic management process- planning, organizing, leading and controlling cannot be performed without effective communication. Importantly, the relevance of communication keeps advancing as the world becomes a Global village. The need to become visible to the world has made many organizations to embrace new technology that would increase organizational performance. There are also many issues affecting communication ranging from difference in sex, role of silence, inference of government and cross-cultural inference.
Many of sure organization is the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, as it explores the e-learning and e-training to empower its staff and student in the use of the internet in communicating policies, lectures, staff development and lot more. This would stand as a mile stone for the university as a whole networked for effective communication and performance.
Therefore it becomes important to emphasize on innovation and effective use of communication medium or channel to bring about high performance rate. Hence any breakdown in communication process or chain can have serious adverse effects on organizational performance.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The Communication is a process of passing information and understanding from one person to another, therefore, the method of disseminating the information in an organisation matters a lot. The challenges most of the organisation faces in terms of communication and management could be as a result of not taking staff on training so as to educate them with how they go about communication method in the organisation. Secondly, it could also be that the issue of tribalism in the organisation has not been a thing of discourse in the organisation. Finally, the several researches have been carried out on the impact of communication in an organisation but not even a single research has been carried out on the impact of communication in the management of an organisation in Nigeria.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the study is to determine the impact of communication in the management of an organisation in Nigeria. Other specific objectives of the study include;
1. to determine the effect of communication in the management of an organisation.
2. to determine the extent to which communication affects the management of an organisation.
3. to determine the factors affecting communication and the management of an organisation.
4. to determine the influence of an organisation in the management of an organisation.
5. to proffer possible solutions to the problems.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is the effect of communication in the management of an organisation?
2. What is the extent to which communication affects the management of an organisation?
3. What are the factors affecting communication and the management of an organisation?
4. What is the influence of communication in the management of an organisation?
5. What are the possible solutions to the problems?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: Communication has no significant effect in the management of an organisation.
H1: Communication has a significant effect in the management of an organisation.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on the impact of communication in the management of an organisation in Nigeria will be of immense benefit to the entire Nigeria Telecommunication Ltd in the sense that it will enable the organisation to revisit and restructure their communication pattern so as to arrive at a very effective management of the organisation. The study will also enable the organisation in using a general language that everyone will understand in cases of any cultural diversity; so as to enhance effective management through good communication skills. Finally, the study will contribute to the body of existing literature and knowledge to this field of studies and basis for further research.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on the impact of communication in the management of an organisation in Nigeria is limited to Nigeria telecommunications limited.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
ImpactA marked effect or influence.
CommunicationThe imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium.
Management The process of dealing with or controlling things or people.
Organisation:An organized group of people with a particular purpose, such as a business or government department.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DETERMINANTS OF TAX COMPLIANCE: A CASE STUDY OF VAT FLAT RATE SCHEME TRADERS IN THE ACCRA METROPOLIS» Abstract Taxation is one of the important elements in managing national income, especially in developed countries and has played an important role in ...Continue Reading »
2. DYNAMIC INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CAPABILITIES (DITC) AND ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE: THE MEDIATING EFFECTS OF PROCESS IMPROVEMENT IN KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Since the aftermath of global financial crisis in 2008, and its subsequent effect on the Nigeria financial sector, relentless competition dri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The pursuit of an objective and the accomplishment is the characterizes and every organization an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The capital market has been identified as an institution that contributes to the socio economic g...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Organizations are set up to achieve certain goals which may be either profit or non profit. Howev...Continue Reading »
6. STRATEGY FOR IMPROVING WORKERS MORALE AND PRODUCTIVITY IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF ISOKO NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In every organizational set up, you will always find two indispensible group. These are the employers and the employees. ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to examine the effect of collateral on access to finance of small and medium enterprises in Kogi State with a parti...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF TEAM WORK ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF DIAMOND BANK PLC. UDO UDOMA BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Participation of employees in decision making is a process of management by objective (MBO) that ...Continue Reading »
9. A STUDY INTO BUDGET, AND BUDGETARY CONTROL AND ITS LINK TO ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF MERCHANT BANK KORIDUA BRANCH)» INTRODUCTION Following the uncertainties prevailing in the Ghanaian business environment today, managers and stakeholders must be poised and prepared ...Continue Reading »
10. AN EXAMINATION OF THE CAUSES OF PROJECT DELAY AND ABANDONMENT IN NIGERIA PUBLIC SERVICE, A CASE STUDY OF ABUJA» Abstract This research work focused on the tangible dimension of public service projects that resulted in the execution of physical projects which bri...Continue Reading »