Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In Nigeria, there are manufacturing firms that manage to manufacture on small-scale basis. The manufacturing enterprises make such local consumable as garri pomade, detergents, sachet water, foot wears, garment, corn flour, cassava flour, and pastries including bread, cake, meat pie, fish roll, toast etc other relevant manufactured products include furniture items cement blocks and so on. It has however been observed that the quantity and quality of the products are to in-adequate to satisfy the needs and demands of consumers.
The terrible state of inadequacy of manufactured products has been attributed to certain problems which militate against the effective and efficient management of the small-scale manufacturing enterprises. The constraints have become frustrating and resistant. Consequently, fear is being entertained that small-scale manufacturing a firms in Nigeria may lack chances of success, growth, and diversification. Despite the ugly situation all hopes are not lost for the small-scale manufactures in Nigeria. Solutions can be found in the accurate identification, presentation and analysis of the problems and prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria. The researcher id determined to provide the said solutions.
Some of the Problems Includes:-
1. Lack of infrastructural facilities such as good road, pip-borne water, telecommunication services, electric power and industrial estate.
2. Inadequate funding
3. Scarcity of technical man-power
4. Ignorance of available incentives provided by government and other agencies.
5. Lack of well-equipped maintenance workshops.
6. Frequent changes in government policies by successive administrations.
7. High cost of and difficulty in, obtaining needed raw materials, and so on.
In the face of the problems of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria, it can be convincingly shown that small-scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria have hope of chances of surviving and performing even much better.
The chances or prospects comprises
1. Creation or awareness about available incentives provided by the government.
2. Recent rehabilitation of vital and basic infrastructural facilities like roads and electric power supply.
3. Family ties and patriotism
4. Availability of market for manufactured goods.
5. Small initial capital which one or two investors can provide.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This research work will dwell on the problems and prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria.
The sub research problem include the concept of small-scale business, the concept of small-scale manufacturing enterprises the historical development of manufacturing in Nigeria.
Other components of the problems are problems of small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria, the prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria and the industrial background of Ariwa sachet water Achara Layout.
1.3 THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1. To clearly define and describe small-scale business.
2. To clearly define and describe small-scale manufacturing enterprises.
3. To present the problems of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria.
4. To present the prospects of managing small scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria.
5. To determine the relationship between the problems and prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria.
1.4 SCOPE OF STUDY
1. To find out the concept of small-scale business.
2. To find out the concept of small –scale manufacturing Enterprise.
3. To find out the problems of small-scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria.
4. To find out the prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria.
5. To find out the relationship between the problems and prospects managing small-scale enterprise in Nigeria.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
In carrying out this research, the following questions were asked.
1. What are the problems of managing small scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria.
2. What are the prospects of managing small scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria?
3. What are the concept of small-scale business?
4. What are the concept of small-scale manufacturing enterprise.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Two aspects of the significance of this study are:
1. The practical aspect, and
2. The theoretical aspect
Practical benefits can be derived from study of the problems and prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria. Firstly the problems of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise are identified. Like the saying does “problems identified is problem solved”. Therefore, solutions to the identified problems become forgone conclusion. Again, when the identified problems are solved, existing manufacturing firms proper and their prosperity will induce prospective investors to site their own factories in Nigeria.
Future, government and people are sensitized towards the need and bases for effective industrialization of the country. Therefore government should try to provide industrial estates and efforts will also be made to provide vital telecommunication facilities, electric power supply and so on.
Theoretical significance of this study is under consideration at this point. It is important to note that some existing principles and theories of managing the enterprise and prospects small-scale manufacturing enterprises have irrelevant today, limited in applicability and imperfect point.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER I 1.0 INTRODUCTION For both developing and developed countries, small and medium scale firms play important roles in the process of industrial...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE ESSAY Management study has revolved over long period of time and successive means of thought in industry an...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF EDUCATION TRUST FUND (TETFUND) ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF EDUCATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE IN KOGI STATE: (A CASE STUDY OF KOGI STATE POLYTECHNIC, L...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The tertiary education trust fund supports a variety of programs and activities design to advance...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS’ CREDIT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» Abstract Banks are the most important example of a class of institutions called financial intermediaries, firms that extend credit to borrowers using ...Continue Reading »
5. AN ANALYSIS OF THE OPERATION OF THE NIGERIAN CAPITAL MARKET (A CASE STUDY OF THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE KADUNA BRANCH» ABSTRACT The stock market is a common feature of a modern economy and it is perceived to perform some necessary functions which promote the growth and...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF MANPOWER TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON THE PRODUCTIVITY ON THE EMPLOYEES OF NIGER STATE POLYTECHNIC (ZUNGERU)» CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The importance of Training and Development is obvious given the growing complexity of the work env...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is intended to assess the effect of corporate sustainability factors on organizational performance. For quite some time now, publi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In Recent times, the performance of any brand name in business depends largely and advertising wh...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Globally, retaining talented employees is challenging to organisations in the face of hyper compe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Performance of a corporation whether profit or non profit making is of great importance as it ser...Continue Reading »