Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 70 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Advertisement is one of the major tools sellers use to stimulate consumers demand for goods and services. In order to know the impact of advertisement on consumers buying behaviour, it is necessary to know what advertising itself is and its goal and purpose. Advertisement is ant paid form of non-personal pre-sensation and promotion of ideas, goods and services by an identified sponsor. Advertisement is a process, it is a programme or series of activities necessary to prepare the message and get it to the intended market. Another point is that the public know-how is behind the advertising because the sponsor is openly identified in the advertisement and also payment is made by the sponsor to consider, differentiate advertising propaganda and publicity. The advertising agencies occupies itself with devising messages to suit the potential consumers considered as a channel while the output as his decision to buy or not. The major goals of advertising is to communicate ideas or promote goods and services, its major objectives is to facilitate the work of the salesman by stimulating demand. Advertising is generally accepted as an essential service to the industry and the public. Its effectiveness depends largely on the audience, it is the way audience perceives the information that is very important. The advertiser here has to consider the usefulness of the goods and services to his audience and allow them to select what will satisfy them. Advertising as an established factor in marketing mix help in marketing and non-marketing among which include the announcement of product, or services to expand the market to new buyer to announce a modification on a product incite inquiries test a medium, announce location of stock list, educate customers, retrieve lost sales, recruit new staff, attract investors to make a special offer. Advertisement is carried out through magazines, newspaper, radio and television and out door displays (posters), direct mail, directories etc. whatever form of advertising takes the basic principles is to deliver the right message to merit the right audience at the right time and at the lowest possible cost, and to achieve positive result. Today advertising is constructed to make a favorable impact on the behaviours of consumers to patronize organizations offerings. Most people use advertising at sometime, either privately or in business. In addition, most people respond to advertisements and so enjoy the choices available to them in every sphere of life. Advertising can be classified into the following, persuasive, this is also known as “hard sell” advertising. It is the most obvious kind which surrounded us in our daily activities, urging us to buy all manner of products or services.
This is also known as prestige or corporate Advertising. This form of advertising is design to create a proper understanding towards the seller and to build goodwill, rather than to sell a specific product or services.
This form of Advertising is designed to inform consumers about the existence of a product or services and to inform the consumers of any change in price, quantity or packaging. Trade advertising which is close to distribution, agents, wholesalers, retailers, mail order house servicing firms.
However, there are many special and specific reasons why advertising is used. The following examples can offer a broader idea to the versatility and value of advertising.
To announce a new product or services: here prospective buyers presented with details of a new product and this usually mean a costly and dramatic launch for the particular product. An existing product maybe given a “face lift” with me addictive, a retirement, a new finisher or casting or perhaps even a new package or container to test a medium is another reason for advertising. Some large advertisers prefer to test a new or united medium rather than accept or reject the claims made by space salesman. The promotional aspect of advertising is not only restricted to business organization. Non-business organization also undertakes some form of advertising. Government organization such as ministry of information educates the public on government activities, ministry of health also advertises to educate the people on issues concerning their health. Advertising is used by philanthropic organization to raise funds for social welfare projects. So it can be seen that advertisement cuts across all aspect of social, political and economic life. It is necessary to say of this point that an advertising campaign is considered successful only when the consumer themselves have began to appreciate and talking up.
However, more would be discussed in details on advertising and importantly on the impact it plays on stimulating consumers behaviour towards patronizing a given product especially consumer goods in the proceeding chapter of this research work.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Advertising is a very important tool use to stimulate consumer buying behaviours by ways of getting them informed or remind them about a product but it must persuade them to purchase the products. As such, it becomes very important in marketing.
But inspire of the laudable impact of advertising in stimulating consumers buying behaviour, some organization often see advertising as an expensive venture and as such do not use most medium that would effectively create demand for their products. Hence the subject matter of this research becomes an empirical problem worthy of investigation.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The central objective of this research is to examine the impact of advertising on consumers buying in Dangote Plc Kaduna.
i. To determine whether advertising influences the buying behaviour of consumers of Dangote Product.
ii. To identify the advertising medium of employed by Dangote Plc.
iii. To find out the militating factor against advertising in Dangote Plc.
iv. To proffer solution to the identified problems.
1.4 Research Questions
The researcher finds it fit to formulate some research questions as a guide to this work.
i. Does advertising create awareness to consumers?
ii. To what extend can advertising influence consumers buying behaviour?
iii. Does advertising contain all the necessary information needed by consumers?
iv. What media is often used by Dangote to advertise her product?
1.5 Significance of the Study
The significance of this study is of vital importance academically, since the result is to inculcate the researcher of the study and other beneficiaries with an overview of the impact that advertising has on consumers forward their buying behaviours. It also prepares the writer of the study in readiness to join the marketing and advertising of any business industry after his academic career.
Furthermore, the significance of the study cannot be over emphasized as it is a prime mover of any organization because advertisement serves as a tool use to blend and stimulate consumers towards patronizing a given organizations product or services to ensure growth and development.
1.6 Scope of the Study
The study will cover an empirical examination of the impact of advertising on consumer’s buying behaviours in Dangote plc Kaduna. To this end, the study will equally identify low advertising influences the buying behaviour of consumers of Dangote products as well as the advertising medium employ in advertising her products. The study will equally identify the problems militating against advertising in Dangote. The study covers a time from 2011 to 2012.
1.7 Definition of Terms
Advertisement: Any form of non-personal communication through mass media that is paid for by an identified sponsor(s).
Advertising: A process activity or program necessarily to prepare message get it to the intended market.
Influence: The effect somebody or something has on somebody or something.
Media: The main ways that large number of people generates information or get entertained.
Consumers: Persons who buy goods and use it for services.
Product: Anything that can be offered to the market for attention, acquisition, and consumption or use that might satisfy a need or want.
Services: Any act of performance that can be offered to another that is essentially tangible and does not result in the ownership of anything.
Consumer Behaviour: The behaviour at which the consumer will display if searching for purchasing.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EMPLOYEE BENEFITS AND IT EFFECTS ON EMPLOYEE PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC, OWERRI BRANCH)» CHAPTER 1 1.1. INTRODUCTION Maintaining healthy employee relations in an organization is a pre requisite for organizational success. One way of mainta...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS ENTERPRISES TO THE ECONOMICS DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF SOKOTO SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT)» ABSTRACT In this research work, the researcher intended to have a general discussion with local government as my background. But lack of space may not...Continue Reading »
3. WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT PRACTICES OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA: A SURVEY OF SELECTED SMES IN THE UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY There exist lots and lots of business ventures that are run by individuals, group of peop...Continue Reading »
4. DYNAMIC INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CAPABILITIES (DITC) AND ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE: THE MEDIATING EFFECTS OF PROCESS IMPROVEMENT IN KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Since the aftermath of global financial crisis in 2008, and its subsequent effect on the Nigeria financial sector, relentless competition dri...Continue Reading »
5. REWARDS AND EMPLOYEES’ JOB SATISFACTION OF SELECTED OUTSOURCED SERVICE PROVIDERS IN JOS, PLATEAU STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The human resources of every organization have been identified as the most important assets of tha...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The intensity of competition among players in the Flour Milling industry in Nigeria necessitated the development of a business strategy to ou...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE: A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED ORGANISATIONS IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY:» ABSTRACT This research investigated the impact of training and development on organizational performance mainly in the service industry. The investiga...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF UNEMPLOYMENT ON YOUTH DEVELOPMENT AND NATION BUILDING IN SOME SELECTED L. G.A IN EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This research work made effort to examine empiricallythe impact of unemployment on youth development and nation building, using Afikpo, Ivo a...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPLICATION OF JOB EVALUATION ON STIMULATING ORGANIZATIONAL GROWTH (A CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT BOADE ASABA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKROUND OF THE STUDY Evaluation is the process of finding or deciding the amount or value of something. A job is a piec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Adequate supply of financial resources is a necessary condition for the survival of any business. This study tends to review government polic...Continue Reading »