Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
Change management is the continous process of aligning an organization with its market place and doing it more responsively and effectively than competitors. Thus, organizational change management is a continuous process of experiment and adaptation aimed at matching organizational capabilities to the needs and dictates of a dynamic business environment Rogers (1995).
As such, in a highly competitive environment, organizational change becomes indispensable for greater success and excellence. This is due to the dynamism of the internal and external business environment. But inspite of the importance of change management to organization success, employees in most organization resist change, sequel to wrong perception and their in ablility to adapt to new development and shifting from their current point. As such, organizational scholars have long acknowledge the importance of communication strategy in explanation of organizational change in order to clearly communicate in advance, the short and long term effect as well as the benefits and short comings of such change management. This is in order to avoid potential loss that could arise from cynicism in certain group of employees and consequently change resistance Langham (1996).
It is against this background that the researcher sees the subject matter as an issue worthy of being investigated. This triggers the researcher’s interest to conduct a survey on how communication strategies help to effectively facilitate change process. As such the subject matter: the role of communication strategies in change management process in Mustras International Limited, Kaduna becomes worthy of investigation.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Change Management is basically confronted with the issue of change resistance. This has been a notorious impediment in change management process arising from the inability of employee to accept change sequel to ignorance about such change initiative. As such Hayes, (1996) argues that that employee resist only changes that they do not understand. Therefore it becomes imperative to find out how changes are communicates in advance in order to avoid potential loss, resulting from change resistance. Hence the subject matter of the research: “The role of communication strategies in change management process in Mustras International Limited” becomes an empirical problem worthy of investigation
1.3 Objective of the Study
The central objective of the study is to examine the role of communication strategies in change management process in Mustras International Limited.
The specific objectives are:
i. To find out how employees involved in internal communication and change management process in Mustras International Limited Kaduna.
ii. To identify how the management of Mustras International Limited formulate and implement communication strategies in the context of change management.
iii. To identify the constraints militating against change management process in Mustras International Limited.
1.4 Significance of the Study
This study will be of great benefit to corporate organization especially as they utilize the finding of this study in the area of strategy formulation and implementation. The study will add to already existing knowledge on the subject matter that is change management process. The research will be a useful material for students or individuals who may wish to undertake similar research. The research will be use as a spring board for further research.
1.5 Research Questions.
i. How do the employees involved in internal communication in Mustras International Limited aid change management process?
ii. How does the management of Mustras International Limited formulate communication strategies in the context of change management?
iii. What are the constraints militating against change management process in Mustras International Limited?
1.6 Scope of the Study
The study will cover the empirical examination of the role of communication in change management process in Mustras International Limited. The study will equally cover examination of strategy formulation and implementation as well as the constraints militating against strategy formulation and implementation in Mustras International Limited. The study will cover a period from 2007 to 2011; being a time given for this study.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
The study is constraint with limitations arising from the research design adapted for this study. For the fact that the survey research is used, it is not certain that the same result will be obtained if other design such as the case study, expost design or historical design is used for the study. Other limitation also arises from the use of the research instrument of data collection. For the fact that the questionnaire was used to obtain information from the field, it is not certain if the same result would be obtained if other instrument such as interview or observation is used.
The non challant attitude of respondents or over exaggeration affected the validity of responses. The use of one study area makes the generalizability to other organization difficult, such a bias may be acierated if the data are to be interpreted by several researchers thereby achieving of the viewpoint.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Communication: Communication is the exchange of information between a sender and a receiver and the inference of meaning between individuals involved so as to reach a common understanding.
Change Management: Change management is the process of aligning an organization with its market place and doing it more responsively and effectively than competitors.
Strategy: Plan that is intended to achieve a particular purpose.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE INFLUENCE OF MOTIVATION ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACTThe study attempts to investigate the influence of motivation on the academic performance of students in selected secondary schools in Ikeja L...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF INTERNAL CONTROL ON FRAUD PREVENTION IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES OF MAIDUGURI FLOUR MILLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The effect of internal control on prevention of fraud in manufacturing company cannot be over emp...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECTS OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON CUSTOMERS’ PERCEPTION OF AN ORGANISATION: A STUDY OF DANGOTE GROUP OF COMPANIES» ABSTRACT This research work was conducted to determine the effects of corporate social responsibility on customers’ perception of an organization: a...Continue Reading »
4. CONTROL OF STOCK AND ITS IMPLICATION FOR MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES (A CASE STUDY OF UNITED NIGERIAN TEXTILE PLC KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION The world of study is full of discoveries and innovations. Through intensive question and enquires. ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Product is a very important part of the marketing mix, and consumers want and satisfaction serve as the yardstick for creating it. Hence prod...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The effectiveness in realization of an organization’s set goals and objectives is within the framew...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE A STUDY OF AFRIBANK NIGERIAN PLC, ENUGU REGIONAL OFFICE» ABSTRACT This research work examined how the environment affects the structure of an organization. It focused on the types of environment in which the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is the responsibility of managers to mange, and to achieve results through the efforts of othe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the StudyTime management is at the core of labour productivity in any sector of the economy. Labour productiv...Continue Reading »
10. COMMUNITY BANKING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN DELTA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF AGBORKA COMMUNITY BANK AGBOR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Community bank in a simple, term is a unit banking institution which is owned by people from the comm...Continue Reading »