Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Organisation is a special activity that must take place within the frame work that society has established. The development and operation are determined to a large extent measured by the condition in which the organisation is located. Therefore, the term condition is simply the surrounding circumstances and influence within a particular place or working condition.
Consequently, Knoots et al (2006) defined condition as relating only to business whose socially approved mission is the production and distribution of foods and services that people want and can pay for. But is also of great importance to other type or organised enterprises, that is those that take resources usually from tax payers and provide services desired by the public e.g. Charles government agencies school etc. There are two types of condition; internal and external condition. But the main focus would be on working condition (internal condition).
The word productivity is simple defined as being productive, the power of being production increased efficiency, and the rate at which goods are produced.
According to Taylors principles, productivity acts as an answer to both higher ways and higher profit and he believed that the application of its method could yield handsome productivity.
Productivity is thus central to the social economic life of every organisation. Growth in productivity provides a significant basis for evaluating the potentials of an organisation to expand output and improve the standard of living. Increased productivity provides the basis for adequate supply of goods and services to the economy.
Therefore, for greater productivity, a worker should be motivated to enable him/her perform effectively and efficiently. Factors must be considered to achieve the stated goals. The working condition must be conductive for effective performance, not only that reward for hardwork must be geared for greater productivity.
It has been noticed that non provision of good working condition has lead to poor productivity, organisation or government owned firms in this nation. An example is Imo State Water Corporation.
As a result of this, the local government workers lost the zeal to put in their best. So the researcher work is based on educating our present day employers and managers on how to provide a good working condition to their staff in order to reach or get their objectives, which is greater productivity in product output and services to the public.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The down turn of the national economy has affected all areas of public establishments especially Imo State Water Corporation both in their services they rendered to humanity and profit made by the corporation.
Government demand productivity from workers but the necessary materials needed for effective performance are lacking. That is why the output level expected from workers drop day-in day-out. The question here is, are government not aware that condition and circumstance influence a particular place? Do they not know that condition plays a role in the production of workers and services? That material needed for effectives performance should equally handled always?
Furthermore, government should also look into the logistics and welfare of workers if actually the need for greater productivity should be attained.
Therefore, the researcher will seek answers to the questions raised above through interaction with the staff of the two selected firms under study.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
ü To examine the impact of working condition on productivity.
ü To evaluate the extent to which the average worker respond to good working condition.
ü To measure or determine what constitutes good working condition in the public sector.
ü To analyse true dangers imposed by poor working condition.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1) What is the relationship between work condition and productivity?
2) How does condition and circumstances influence productivity of workers?
3) Does worker need motivation to enhance their performance in the organisation?
4) Does your administrator motivate its workers in any form?
5) Doe you think enabling environment is necessary for the achievement of performance in an organisation?
6) How does effective management practice affect productivity?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
ü Ho: administrator does not motivate its workers in an form.
Hi: administrator does motivate its workers.
ü Ho: government does not have an enabling environment for work condition.
Hi: government does have an enabling environment for work condition.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work intends to help organisation know how to make employees easy to handle by providing them with all the necessary materials and good work condition to be able to communicate to its organisation and the same time satisfy their individual needs.
This research will also be of important value to future researchers conducting similar studies on impact of working condition on employee’s productivity or on other closely related subjects.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The impact of working condition on employees productivity is an intensive topic which will require a comprehensive research to enable an individual un-earth all details and complexities involved on it.
For reason, the scope of this work is limited to Imo State Water Corporation (water board). From review of related literature where general consideration is given to the topic.
The actual field of study was based purely on the impact of working condition on employees productivity on public sectors.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In the course of carrying out this research, certain constraints were encountered. They are;
Finance: owning to the financial difficulty prevalent in the country and its resulted increase in the process of commodity, transportation fares etc.
As a student, I don’t have much money all the time to keep repeating for the information.
Time: I have a very short time limit for the completion of the project due to personal problem that took all my time.
1.9 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
Work condition: this is defined as the surroundings circumstances and influences that exist within the place where a business is located which affect the productivity or the services of the organisation.
Value of output: value of output is defined as the regard or the quality of produced before consumers.
Condition factors: they are those circumstances, influences and surrounding that affects the productivity of goods and services positively and negatively.
Motivation: this is the incentive packages that is provided by the management to workers which moves them to add more effort in their work for more production of goods and services.
Organisation: it is defined as social system unit with certain resources and means, having specific goal and objectives to see and to achieve.
Measurement of productivity: this is defined as the quantity, degree, volume and weight as informed by standard at which production is attained.
Physical condition: it is defined as the physical surrounding in which people employed have an obvious effect on the amount of work that can be produced.
Social condition: this deals with social interaction between employee and the management also to the lost community of the organisation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The research project attempts to examine the effect of motivational incentives on employees’ performance in Nigerian Breweries. The obj...Continue Reading »
2. THE MEDIATING EFFECT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL OWNERSHIP ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SERVANT LEADERSHIP AND ORGANIZATIONAL CITIZENSHIP BEHAVIORS IN KANO, NIGER...» ABSTRACT This study examines the determinants of employee organizational citizenship behaviors (OCBs) among low and middle level employees of utility ...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF ROSEMORE HOTELS UYO)» ABSTRACT This study, sought to determine the impact of training on staff performance using Rose More Hotel as a case study. The amount, and quality of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYStrike action also called labour strike or industrial action is a work stoppage caused by the mass r...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This project work is primarily covered with Leadership Style and their impact on employee productivity. A case study of Total Company Kachia ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 THE PROBLEM AND ITS SETTING Every industry operates within two sets of constraints. Internal constraints are those proble...Continue Reading »
7. PUBLIC RELATIONS STRATEGIES FOR ENCHANCING THE IMAGE OF INSURANCE COMPANIES: A STUDY OF ENUGU URBAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study. A study of insurance history reveals that insurance practice arose from the need to protect aga...Continue Reading »
8. INNOVATION STRATEGY AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE IN SELECTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In a highly competitive environment, innovation is the essential key to a firm obtaining a domina...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF CAPITAL STRUCTURE ON FIRMS PRODUCTIVITY(A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERY,FOOD AND BREVERAGES)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Problem Capital structure has a crucial role to play on determining company’s financial performan...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Change management is the continous process of aligning an organization with its market place and ...Continue Reading »