Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Organisation is a special activity that must take place within the frame work that society has established. The development and operation are determined to a large extent measured by the condition in which the organisation is located. Therefore, the term condition is simply the surrounding circumstances and influence within a particular place or working condition.
Consequently, Knoots et al (2006) defined condition as relating only to business whose socially approved mission is the production and distribution of foods and services that people want and can pay for. But is also of great importance to other type or organised enterprises, that is those that take resources usually from tax payers and provide services desired by the public e.g. Charles government agencies school etc. There are two types of condition; internal and external condition. But the main focus would be on working condition (internal condition).
The word productivity is simple defined as being productive, the power of being production increased efficiency, and the rate at which goods are produced.
According to Taylors principles, productivity acts as an answer to both higher ways and higher profit and he believed that the application of its method could yield handsome productivity.
Productivity is thus central to the social economic life of every organisation. Growth in productivity provides a significant basis for evaluating the potentials of an organisation to expand output and improve the standard of living. Increased productivity provides the basis for adequate supply of goods and services to the economy.
Therefore, for greater productivity, a worker should be motivated to enable him/her perform effectively and efficiently. Factors must be considered to achieve the stated goals. The working condition must be conductive for effective performance, not only that reward for hardwork must be geared for greater productivity.
It has been noticed that non provision of good working condition has lead to poor productivity, organisation or government owned firms in this nation. An example is Imo State Water Corporation.
As a result of this, the local government workers lost the zeal to put in their best. So the researcher work is based on educating our present day employers and managers on how to provide a good working condition to their staff in order to reach or get their objectives, which is greater productivity in product output and services to the public.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The down turn of the national economy has affected all areas of public establishments especially Imo State Water Corporation both in their services they rendered to humanity and profit made by the corporation.
Government demand productivity from workers but the necessary materials needed for effective performance are lacking. That is why the output level expected from workers drop day-in day-out. The question here is, are government not aware that condition and circumstance influence a particular place? Do they not know that condition plays a role in the production of workers and services? That material needed for effectives performance should equally handled always?
Furthermore, government should also look into the logistics and welfare of workers if actually the need for greater productivity should be attained.
Therefore, the researcher will seek answers to the questions raised above through interaction with the staff of the two selected firms under study.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
ü To examine the impact of working condition on productivity.
ü To evaluate the extent to which the average worker respond to good working condition.
ü To measure or determine what constitutes good working condition in the public sector.
ü To analyse true dangers imposed by poor working condition.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1) What is the relationship between work condition and productivity?
2) How does condition and circumstances influence productivity of workers?
3) Does worker need motivation to enhance their performance in the organisation?
4) Does your administrator motivate its workers in any form?
5) Doe you think enabling environment is necessary for the achievement of performance in an organisation?
6) How does effective management practice affect productivity?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
ü Ho: administrator does not motivate its workers in an form.
Hi: administrator does motivate its workers.
ü Ho: government does not have an enabling environment for work condition.
Hi: government does have an enabling environment for work condition.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work intends to help organisation know how to make employees easy to handle by providing them with all the necessary materials and good work condition to be able to communicate to its organisation and the same time satisfy their individual needs.
This research will also be of important value to future researchers conducting similar studies on impact of working condition on employee’s productivity or on other closely related subjects.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The impact of working condition on employees productivity is an intensive topic which will require a comprehensive research to enable an individual un-earth all details and complexities involved on it.
For reason, the scope of this work is limited to Imo State Water Corporation (water board). From review of related literature where general consideration is given to the topic.
The actual field of study was based purely on the impact of working condition on employees productivity on public sectors.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In the course of carrying out this research, certain constraints were encountered. They are;
Finance: owning to the financial difficulty prevalent in the country and its resulted increase in the process of commodity, transportation fares etc.
As a student, I don’t have much money all the time to keep repeating for the information.
Time: I have a very short time limit for the completion of the project due to personal problem that took all my time.
1.9 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
Work condition: this is defined as the surroundings circumstances and influences that exist within the place where a business is located which affect the productivity or the services of the organisation.
Value of output: value of output is defined as the regard or the quality of produced before consumers.
Condition factors: they are those circumstances, influences and surrounding that affects the productivity of goods and services positively and negatively.
Motivation: this is the incentive packages that is provided by the management to workers which moves them to add more effort in their work for more production of goods and services.
Organisation: it is defined as social system unit with certain resources and means, having specific goal and objectives to see and to achieve.
Measurement of productivity: this is defined as the quantity, degree, volume and weight as informed by standard at which production is attained.
Physical condition: it is defined as the physical surrounding in which people employed have an obvious effect on the amount of work that can be produced.
Social condition: this deals with social interaction between employee and the management also to the lost community of the organisation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF JOB SATISFACTION ON EMPLOYEES’ PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIGERIA PLC, AKPAKPAVA BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Poverty is one of the intractable problems facing mankind today. In 1995, an estimated 1.3 billio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROPUND OF THE STUDY The ultimate or core aim of an organization in this world today with the level of competition is...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Before an employee is hired it is important to undertake a thorough analysis of the organization to determine ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Various classifications have been made on Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). For instance, FDI has ...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The government of any independent country has the constitutional power to formulate policies and make laws for the good o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The fortunes of an organization inevitably determine the position of secretaries to build a natio...Continue Reading »
7. CONFLICT RESOLUTION AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT IN SONA SYSTEM ASSOCIATION BUSINESS MANAGEMENT LIMITED (SSABML)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Conflict is inevitable in every society as well as organization. It occurs within groups individu...Continue Reading »
8. AN EVALUATION OF CAPITAL STRUCTURE AND PROFITABILITY OF BUSINESS ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED QUOTED COMPANIES)» ABSTRACT Capital structure is the proportion or each type of capital debt and equity used by a business organisation. Many organizations employ debt i...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTS OF SALARY INCREMENT ON EMPLOYEES MOTIVATION AND TURNOVER (A CASE STUDY OF GOMBE LOCAL GOVERNMENT) ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In every organization, large or small, private or public enterprises, human resources are always ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTWhen the economic fortune of the organization of petroleum exporting countries (OPEC) nations suffered a tragic experience due to the sudden f...Continue Reading »