Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 258 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦40,000
The intensity of competition among players in the Flour Milling industry in Nigeria necessitated the development of a business strategy to out-perform one another and achieve desired level of performance. Competitive pricing was therefore a common strategy adopted by these firms. Less attention was paid to competitive behaviour, people management practices, supply chain strategy, the external business environment and product offering which could assist in building competitive strengths and superior performance. As a result of the negative effects of competitive pricing, operations are being downsized along with attendant staff redundancy, job losses and a consistent drop in the financial results of all players in the industry. This study evaluated the competitive dynamics and corporate performance of selected flour milling companies in Nigeria.
The study adopted a survey research design. The population for the study consisted of 3,424 staff of selected Flour Milling companies in Nigeria. The staff were stratified into management and senior staff as respondents. A sample size of 500 was randomly drawn from the population. A validated questionnaire was adapted for the study. The Cronbach’s Alpha coefficient for the constructs ranged between 0.78 and 0.86. A total of 500 copies of the questionnaire were administered, with a response rate of 91.4%. The data were analyzed using descriptive and inferential (Pearson Product moment correlation and hierarchical regression) statistics.
The findings revealed that there were significant relationships between Competitive Behaviour and Corporate Performance (r=0.599; p = <0.05); People Management Practice and Corporate Performance (r = 0.697; p <0.05); Supply Chain Strategy and Corporate Performance (r = 0.633; p <0.05); External Business Environment and Corporate Performance (r = 0.647; p <0.05) and Product Offering and Corporate Performance (r = 0.733; p <0.05). It also revealed significant moderating effect of Competitive Capability on the relationship between Competitive Behaviour and Corporate Performance (F = 83.635; R2 = .440; R2 Change = .087; p <0.05); People Management Practice and Corporate Performance (F = 44.669; R2 = 0.500; R2 Change = 0.045; p = <0.05); Supply Chain Strategy and Corporate Performance (F = 66.230; R2 = 0.474; R2 Change = 0.067; p <0.05) and External Business Environment and Corporate Performance (F = 48.462; R2 = 0.476; R2 Change = 0.051; p <0.05). However, Competitive Capability did not significantly moderate the relationship between Product Offering and Corporate Performance (F = 2.296; R2 = 0.598; R2 Change = 0.002; p = 0.130>0.05).
The study concluded that competitive behaviour, people management practices, supply chain strategy, product offering and external business environment significantly relate with competitive capability and produces desired corporate performance. It recommended that flour milling companies should strategically harness the opportunities in competitive dynamics to strengthen their competitive capability and achieve desired corporate performance.
Keywords: Competitive dynamics, Corporate performance, Competitive pricing, Competitive capability, Competitive behaviours
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF EDUCATION TRUST FUND (TETFUND) ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF EDUCATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE IN KOGI STATE: (A CASE STUDY OF KOGI STATE POLYTECHNIC, L...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The tertiary education trust fund supports a variety of programs and activities design to advance...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF AMA BREWERY, 9TH MILE CORNER, ENUGU)» TABLE OF CONTENTS TITLE..................................................................................................................................Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigeria as a developing nation is facing a lot of problems one of which is the problem affecting ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The most important decision all corporate managers should take into consideration is the way in w...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Strategic planning is one of the most important and vital stage in strategy. Strategic planning is important in achievement of organizational...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In a competitive marketplace, to achieve a satisfactory level of profitability must be learned by...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research project is a very crucial study designed to shows Co operative Societies in the development of Economic of Akwa Ibom state. The...Continue Reading »
8. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR ATTAINING HIGH PRODUCTIVITY IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIAN LIMITED (PAN) KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Available of resources is a vital need for the survival of human ventures. These include human, m...Continue Reading »
9. FAILURE OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA: CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED FIRMS IN ENUGU STATE).» ABSTRACT This study is set to investigate the causes of failure in small scale enterprises in Nigeria, with a view to proffer solutions. In every e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Rwanda has implemented saving and credit cooperatives to improve and to promote economic status of Rwandans. But members of these saving and ...Continue Reading »