Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study is carried out to examine the training and development of human resource in building operation in Union Bank Plc, Oko branch. To achieve this, the researcher prepared and administered questionnaires to the staff of Union Bank Plc, Oko branch. The information gathered was presented in tables and analyzed using simple percentage techniques. It was found that human resource training influence the operations of Union Bank of Nig. Plc Oko branch, and that training programme increases employees’ and organizational productivity. Based on the findings, the researcher recommends that management should always see training and development of their employees as one of the motivational tools that will increase productivity. In conclusion, systematic training and development of human resources enhance efficiency and effectiveness as well as increase profitability and productivity of the organization.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Do we ever settle to think why some organizations recruit better applicants than others, why some business enterprises are more efficient or perhaps, more effectively organized than others? Why some establishments are more productive than others, why some firms make profit while others are folding up? It is possible to answer the above questions with this simple phrase; lack of requisite skills and failure on the part of management to identify and adequately take care of their inadequacies”.
After recruitment and selection of employees, they need to be maintained and motivated towards achieving the organizational goals. And this can be achieved through training and development of the organizations workforce.
Sound and constructive human capital development facilitates optimization of available potentials and provides opportunities/leverage for better repositioning of an organization to achieve global competitiveness. Hence, human resource development is a pre-requisite for organizational survival, sustainability and success. This fact is reinforced by Chinese wise saying, which says thus;
“If you wish to plan for a year, sow seed
If you wish to plan for 10 years, plant trees.
If you wish to plan for a lifetime, develop men”.
The above, summarizes and underscore the indispensability of human resource development in organizations.
Brief History of the Study
The Union Bank of Nigeria has a long and proud history dating back to 1917, when it first opened its doors for business as the colonial bank. In 1925 it was brought by Barclays, becoming Barclays Bank Dominion, colonial and overseas which it remained until the early 1970s.
In 1971, Barclays incorporated the bank locally in Nigeria as Barclays Bank of Nigeria Plc and sold a significant shareholding to the federal government and the Nigerian public. In 1979 the banks name was changed to the Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, to reflect the change in its ownership structure.
In the early 1990s, the Nigerian government started a policy of privatization of state owned asset, which resulted in 1993 in both the government and Barclays selling their remaining stakes in the bank to the public at large, thus creating a truly publically owned bank.
Since the early 1990s, the bank has enjoyed a period of unparalleled growth, acquiring universal Trust Bank Plc. Broad bank limited and Union Merchant Bank as well as increasing shareholder funds through a rights issue in 2005. The Union Bank of Nigeria now has a network of over 400 branches across Nigeria, a subsidiary in London and offices in Ghana, Benin and South Africa. In 2009, it posted gross earnings of US and 980 million and total assets of US and 8.8 billion. The bank’s management team is headed by Emeka Emuwa as the group managing Director/Chief Executive. Other executive management team members include:
Adekunle M. Adeosun – commercial/retail banking (south) and consumer banking.
Philip Ikeazor – corporate, international/investment banking and treasury.
Ibrahim A. Kwargana – commercial/retail banking (North) and public sector.
Mrs. Oyinkan Adewale – chief financial official.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The efficient training and development of human resources in an establishment, which Union Bank Plc is not an exception, requires immediate attention because the negligence given to the establishment which will in turn led to the downfall or bankruptcy of the establishment.
This study seeks to investigate if training and development of human resources is practiced in Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, the approaches of training and development of human resources the negative attitudes of management and supervisors on training and development of their sub-ordinates, as well as the impact of modified behavior, attitude and moral on employees in Union Bank of Nigeria Plc.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of this study/research work is to critically define, analyze and clearly identify training and development of human resource in banking institution. And also,
1. To ascertain the influence of human resource of Union Bank of Nigeria, Oko branch.
2. To determine the types of training available method and place of training in Union Bank of Nigeria, Oko branch.
3. Find out whether staff of the bank sees training and development programme as motivating and means of job enrichment and satisfaction.
4. Evaluate work performance before and after training programme in Union Bank, Oko branch.
5. Determine whether there is any relationship between labour turnover and availability of training and development opportunities in banks.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is important to print out that on completion of this research work, it would be of immense significance to the following
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A microfinance institution is a semi formal organization. It can be non government al or communit...Continue Reading »
2. A CRITICAL ANANLISIS OF THE USE OF FINANCIAL REPORT IN ASSESSING BANK PERFORMANCE. (A CASE STUDY UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRUDUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY A farmer, who plants corps, expects result, similarly to student who sits for examination expects res...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY It is difficult to imagine another sector of the economy where as many risks are managed jointly ...Continue Reading »
4. IMPACT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS IFRS ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS (A case study of First Bank of Nigeria Plc)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Globalization of capital markets requires a unified global accounting, reporting and disclosure s...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF FINANCIAL AND NON FINANCIAL INCENTIVES ON STAFF PRODUCTIVITY (NIGERIAN MARTIME ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY AGENCY; NIMASA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The employees are regarded as the pivot behind the success of any organization in Nigeria. The pi...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIG. PLC, AKPAKPAVA BRANCH, BENIN CITY)» ABSTRACT Banking today has become more innovative, competitive and attractive to other investors in the sector. The competitions as a result of high n...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The federal government of Nigeria 1990 budget speech decided to establish community bank in order...Continue Reading »
8. ANALYSIS OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ON BANKING SERVICES DELIVERY (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK ENUGU)» ABSTRACTThe objective of the research study is to find out effectiveness of information technology in banking system delivery, in carrying out this pr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines Risk Management and Credit Administration in GT Bank Plc, Murtala Mohammed square branch Kaduna. The research questions th...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT OF PERSONNEL OUTSOURCING DECISION ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF BANK (A CASE STUDY OF STANBIC IBTC PLC)» ABSTRACT Organizations are more competitive these days .To maintain competitive position, Firms are developing new strategies and introducing new tech...Continue Reading »