Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 73 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
In this rapidly changing world marketers want to communicate their message to the people that can influence buying behavior of people. They adopt different tools to deliver their ideas to the people and advertise their product to the target customers. Now a day’s people are bombarded with lots of information through multiple media like newspapers, magazines, billboard, television and internet (Latif & Abideen, 2011).
But people are engaging in many activities at a time, they did not have time to update themselves time by time. And it is becoming difficult for advertisers to trap them so in these circumstances advertisers select billboards as an advertisement tool that effectively convey message to the target people (Balkafl, Akbulut and Kartopu, 2005) even when they are not there. Authors and researchers recognized that billboards have unique characteristics (e.g., Kelley and Jugenheimer 2004; Sissors and
Baron 2002; Taylor 2007; Vanden Bergh and Katz 2009; Woodside 2000). Through billboard advertisement, advertisers can attract the customers towards their product at particular location. Now a day’s companies are using so many ways to attract customers toward their product. For this purpose they are using advertising, publicity, personal selling etc. among all marketing tools that advertisers choose to attract customers towards their products or the services offered, most important is advertising because its impact is relatively long lasting relative to other marketing tools (Katke, 2007).Due to clutter of channels customer’s are giving less response towards ads.
The main objective of advertisement is to find out the impact of advertising on customer buying behavior (Abideen and Saleem, 2011). Trend of billboard advertisement is very common and is increasing day by day. So, main focus in the study is to find out the impact of billboard advertisement on customer buying behavior. Main purpose to analyze the impact of buying behavior of the customers is that why people act in certain ways under given circumstances (Abideen and Saleem, 2011).
Advertising has been such a persuasive and intrusive socio-economic force in Nigeria, as in other countries, that neither manufacturer nor consumers can ignore it (Bardi 2010; Agwu 2012). As a communication medium, advertising invades our streets, offices, villages and homes, pushing in messages about various products and services, ideas, persons (dead or alive) and institutions through various media outlet (Ozoh 2008). It does this intensively and persistently that it is only our natural abilities to selectively perceive and recall information that saves us from the thralldom of what communication experts have described as “information overload” (Nwosu, 2000).
Terence (2007), defined advertising as a paid mediated form of communication from an identifiable source, designed to persuade the receiver to take some action, now or in the future. (Agwu 2013; Ikpefan, et al., 2014). The basic purpose of advertising is to communicate the news to the user or the customer that there is something new in the market. But when we go into the depth; advertising serves the source to persuade or attract customer about the product to do a certain action which is usually to purchase a product (Kenneth and Donald 2010).
Advertising serves a good purpose for business nowadays (Onunkwo 2007) because of numbers of goods and services produced every day. Advertising helps in telling the consumer about any new product or service or any new promotion on the existing product and service. Advertising helps to describe the features and characteristics of product or service in the visual form so that the customer can understand it easily. So advertising has become important for business nowadays (Bardi 2010). It is in the light of the above discussion that this study intends to critically examine the impact of billboards advertisements on consumer purchase of detergents.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Billboards have remained an important tool to share the information with the target market. It plays an important role in business. It is a form of communication intended to convince the audience to purchase or take action on particular products, services or information. The problem with most firms is that they might end up spending a lot of money that will not yield anything to the company thereby putting the organization at risk. Advertisement on billboard does not really convince a buyer to patronize the goods that is being advertised. Finally, the several researches has been carried out on the impacts of advertising but not even a single research has been carried out on the impact of billboard advertisements on consumer purchase of detergents.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the study is to examine the impact of billboards advertisement on consumer purchase of detergents. Other specific objectives of the study include;
1. to determine the effect of billboard advertisements on consumer purchase of detergents.
2. to determine the factors affecting billboard advertisement and its effect on consumer purchase of detergents.
3. to determine the influence of billboard advertisement on consumer purchase of detergent.
4. to proffer possible solutions to the problems.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is the effect of billboard advertisements on consumer purchase of detergents?
2. What are the factors affecting billboard advertisement and its effect on consumer purchase of detergents?
3. What is the influence of billboard advertisement on consumer purchase of detergent?
4. What are the possible solutions to the problems?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: Billboard advertisement has no significant effect on consumer purchase of detergent.
H1: Billboard advertisement has a significant effect on consumer purchase of detergent.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on the impact of billboard advertisement on consumer purchase of detergent will be of immense benefit to the entire detergent producing companies in the sense that they are showing to the public their new product which might end up being the choice of the consumers. The study will also enable the consumers to have the knowledge about new products in the market and the chances of making choice since people like things differently. Finally, the study will contribute to the body of existing literature and knowledge to this field of study and basis for further research.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on the impact of billboard advertisements is limited to consumer purchase of detergents.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
ImpactA marked effect or influence.
BillboardIs a large outdoor advertising structure (a billing board), typically found in high-traffic areas such as alongside busy roads.
AdvertisementA notice or announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, or event or publicizing a job vacancy.
Consumer Purchase Consumer purchases refer to items used in daily living (e.g., clothing, food, electronics, appliances). They are the purchases that most intimately frame your life: you live with these items and use them every day.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The government of any independent country has the constitutional power to formulate policies and make laws for the good o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The There is no doubt that human resources are the most important in all organizations. But to ga...Continue Reading »
3. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF BRITISH-CURRICULUM ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The deplorable state of public schools in Nigeria has given rise to the preference for private ed...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTSList of Tables .........................................................................................................................Continue Reading »
5. AN EXAMINATION OF THE ROLE COOPERATION THRIFT AND CREDIT SOCIETIES TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF URBAN AREA (A Study of Orphanage Mother Multipurpose Coopera...» ABSTRACT This study investigates and examination of the role of cooperative thrift and credit societies to the development of urban area. The study wa...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF E-PAYMENT SYSTEM IN TACKLING CORRUPTION IN NIGERIAN PUBLIC SERVICE: A STUDY OF INTEGRATED PAYROLL AND PERSONNEL INFORMATION SYSTEM (2007...» ABSTRACT The main focus of any Public Establishment in Nigeria has been to provide quality service to the public devoid of corruption, at faster rate ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is centered on the importance of stock control and management in business organization to enable the research obtain relevant ma...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Training is a key factor in enhancing the efficiency and expertise of the workforce. The Students...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Innovativeness is one of the fundamental instruments of growth strategies to enter new markets, t...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECT OF FIRM CHARACTERISTICS ON THE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF PENSION FUNDS ADMINISTRATORS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The divergent opinion on the determinants of the financial performance of pension funds administrators has been an ongoing issue. Academic sc...Continue Reading »