Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 38 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Fashion is a popular style of practice especially in clothing footwear, accessories, makeup, body or furniture. Fashion design is the art of applying designs and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories. Accessory is an optional part the may be fitted to something to perform an additional function or enhance performance. Waste bin is a household accessory that plays an important role in our sanitary environments and beautiful houses. It serves as a container for waste matter in our homes and offices. It can be fashioned to fit in the interior and exterior decoration of our homes and offices.
The rate at which wastes are generated all around our environment is quite alarming. This call for a re-thing on how these waste can be recycled to produce yet other materials that can be used in our daily lives. The term waster are materials, products, by products. etc which the user feels they have no further use for such products are discarded as on longer needed. Waters are also described as unwanted or unusable materials. Waste is any substance which is discarded after primary use, or is worthless and of no use. It is however pertinent to note the as long as human live, wasters must continue to be generated. In fact they are necessary end in the cycle of products.
Among many other categories of wastes generated today, plastic materials are very common. These can be found from the bottle containers of water, drinks, medicines, liquids soap etc. All these containers become wasted after using the contents, and are thus discarded, sometimes left littering the environment. The current global trend on managing wastes is to convert them to wealth. This brings the idea of moving waste from a state of unwanted materials to valuable and desirable materials that can be used in our daily life such as for domestic purposes. This is a new direction in waste management operations.
According to Smith (2014) waste management is the handling of discarded materials which also includes recycling, composing and transforming waste into useful products. Household or house wares are goods and products used within home. The are the terrible and movable personal property placed in the living room, dining room, kitchen and other aims in the house. Example of house wares include basket, waste bin, kitchen stool, flower pot etc.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Waste materials can be seen everywhere such as plastics, metals, empty cartons, polythene bags, straws, empty cans, bottle covers and many others.Bottle covers of such bottles littering the environment can be utilized to make useful product. These waste materials can be converted to wealth and serve as a functional item with an aesthetic appeal to our homes as interior décor. Categorically, this study is about design and production of house wares using bottle tops.
1.3 Aims and Objectives of the Study
The aims and objectives of the study is Design and Production of House Wares Using Bottle Tops.
The objectives of the study are to:
1. Identify ways of manipulating bottle tops to produce house wares
2. Identify ways of reducing waste materials within the environment
3. Produce house wares using bottle tops for the home
The main reason for this research is to enlighten all and sundry on the essence/usefulness of a bottle cover, recycled and used for the production of house ware materials.
1.4 Research Questions
i. How do bottle covers litter the environment?
ii. How would bottle tops be utilized for the production of the housewares bottle for home decoration?
iii. How would the production of the housewares with bottle coverscontribute economically and serve as a functional and decorative purpose?
1.5 Scope of the Study
This research focuses on the production of houseware using bottle covers (plastic screw cap). The study is however limited to the production of a few selected houseware materials (waste bins, baskets, wall mat, kitchen stool and flower pot) with careful manipulations using bottle covers.
1.6 Significance of the Study
This research work is aimed at unveiling:
1. How a recycled bottle cover is manipulated and usedsolely to produce housewares suitable for functional and decorative purpose and also expatiates on the necessary guidelines.
2. This research work shall serve as reference document to students for broader and a deeper understanding about waste management and recycled usage
3. It will enable people outside the fashion design discipline to get more awareness about the production and design of housewares using bottle covers.
1.7 Definition of Terms
Recycle:to treat waste materials so they can be used again, often for a different purpose.
Waste: what is left of something after the valuable part of it have been used.
Bottle cover: an object which seals the top opening of a bottle. It is typically colorfully decorated with a logo or brand owner.
Houseware: are wares or products used within the house; they are tangible and movable personal property, placed in living rooms, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, basements or other rooms of a house.
Plastic:a very common light, strong, non-metal polymer that is produced artificially; often used for making many different things.
Accessories:an additional object or piece of equipment that makes something more attractive or useful.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR VOCATIONAL EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research project was carried out principally for the production of liquid and vapourized perfumes from local raw materials. The local ra...Continue Reading »
2. PROBLEMS OF STUDENTS IN CONDUCTING EFFECTIVE PHYSICS PRACTICAL IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Today we are living in the age of science and technology. Scientific inventions and discoveries h...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF POOR TEACHER-STUDENTS RELATIONSHIP ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL BIOLOGY STUDENTS IN EBONYI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF...» Abstract The topic of this study is the influence of poor teacher students relationship on academic performance of senior secondary school biology stu...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF DIRECT AND COOPERATIVE TEACHING METHODS ON STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN ACCOUNTING IN FEDERAL COLLEGES OF EDUCATION, NORTH-EAST GEO-POLITICAL ZON...» ABSTRACT This study established the Effect of direct and cooperative teaching methods on Students Performance in Accounting in Federal Colleges of Edu...Continue Reading »
5. INFLUENCE OF BUSINESS EDUCATION SKILLS IN PROMOTING SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (SMES) IN NORTH-WESTERN STATES OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Education in whatever form, aims at equipping the recipient with knowledge, skills and competenci...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF WRITTEN GRAMATICAL ERRORS COMMITTED BY SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS ON THE THEIR PERFORMANCE IN FRENCH EXAMINATION» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Approval Page ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of Contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INT...Continue Reading »
7. INTERNET SKILLS AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE MANAGERS’ EFFECTIVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine the relationship between ‘Internet Skills of Administrative Office Managers’ and Effective Service ...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECTS OF GUIDED DISCOVERY APPROACH ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ECOLOGY IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN SOKOTO STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Education, especially in science has always been seen as the most appropriate and fastest vehicle...Continue Reading »
9. IMPACT OF VOCATIONAL GUIDANCE ON CAREER CHOICE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS ( A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Literally guidance is as old as man, all through the ages human being have for one reason considered ...Continue Reading »
10. ACCOUNTING COMPETENCES AND SELF-EFFICACY OF PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING TEACHERS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOL IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, AKWA IBOM STA...» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to assess the relationship between Accounting Competences and Self Efficacy of Teachers in Public Secondary School i...Continue Reading »