Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 108 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the Study
Teaching aid is crucial to teaching and learning processes. A dedicated classroom teacher feels satisfied when he realizes the objectives he has set out to achieve for every lesson. In order to achieve this, a trained teacher employs a number of methods, design and actions, one of which includes the use of Teaching aid. Teaching aids are referred to as the resources which both the teachers and students use for the purpose of effective teaching and learning. Okwo (1996) defined Teaching aids as those materials that teachers can use in teaching to facilitate the learning of a particular subject or lesson. The list of Teaching aids are inexhaustible and their limit is the teacher's level of resourcefulness, creativity and imagination. Rominszowski (1996) listed Teaching aid to include newspaper, magazines, pictures, textbooks, chalkboard, laboratory equipment, posters, bulletins, journal, radio, television, audiocassettes, tapes, film scripts and slides. Others are overhead and opaque projector, real objects and computer. Okebukola (2003) described Teaching aids as information multipliers because they are capable of providing learners with opportunities to learn beyond teachers capabilities when utilized for instruction.
Statement of the Problem
Effective transfer of practical skills by the teachers to the students in Home Economics require good teaching methods as well as Teaching aids. This implies that technological changes have always necessitated the need for continuous provision of Teaching aid. Despite all the emphasis on the acquisition of practical skills and basic knowledge by the students for various activities in Home Economics it still requires the good manipulation of skill oriented instructional facilities. Yet, the Teaching aids are unavailable, insufficient and inadequate (Ogwo, 1996). This may have been responsible for the Basic 7-9 school Home Economics teachers' adoption of theoretical approach in teaching Home Economics in most urban and rural secondary schools in Anambra State. This aspect of teaching/learning seem not to appeal to the students sensory organs of learning as a result of
For effective teaching and learning to take place, there is need for adequate teaching with Teaching aids (NERDC, 2008). Teachers of Basic 7-9 Home Economics are expected to improvise Teaching aids for teaching/learning of Home Economics. Arkhurst & Anyakoha (2004) noted that the use of tools of environment and other improvised practical facilities, if undertaken correctly, improves students’ learning. This implies that Teaching aids could be sourced from the local environment by improvisation, and utilized adequatelty for the teaching/learning process. Whether or not Basic 7-9 Home Economics teachers in
Anambra State improvise and utilize Teaching aids is yet to be empirically ascertained. Hence this study was to investigate the improvisation and utilization of instructional materials for teaching Home Economics in Basic 7-9 schools in Anambra State.
Purpose of the Study
The general purpose of this study was to investigate the improvisation and utilization of Teaching aids for teaching
Home Economics by basic 7-9 teachers in urban/rural schools in
Anambra State. Specifically, the study would:
1. identify the various Teaching aids available for teaching Basic 7-9 Home Economics.
2. determine the utilization of the available Teaching aids by the Basic 7-9 teachers of Home Economics.
3. identify the various Teaching aids improvised for teaching of basic 7-9 Home Economics students.
4. ascertain the various ways Teaching aids are being improvised for teaching Basic 7-9 Home Economics students.
5. determine the problems encountered by basic 7-9 Home Economics teachers in improvising Teaching aids for teaching.
6. identify strategies for enhancing improvisation of Teaching aids by Basic 7-9 Home Economics teachers.
Significance of the Study
This study is significant because the findings would be of benefit to the Home Economics teachers, the students, Anambra State Universal Basic Education Board (ASUBEB) and the society at large.
The results of this study would immensely motivate Home Economics teachers' curiosity towards improvisation and utilization of Teaching aids for teaching/learning. The findings of this study could enable teachers to utilize less expensive materials which the students can easily identify in their locality to make their teaching lively. When teachers improvise for teaching, teaching will be very fascinating, less boring and learning would be interesting .
The findings of this study would be beneficial to the students. This is because when teachers improvise and utilize Teaching aids in teaching Home Economics, the students' interest and understanding in learning the subject could be enhanced.
The findings of the study would provide statistical data for Anambra State Ministry of Education and Anambra State Universal Basic Education Board (ASUBEB) towards solving the problems encountered by Basic 7-9 Home Economics teachers in
improvisation of Teaching aids. Such findings will as well serve as data base for Anambra State Ministry of Education and State Education Commission in helping to source locally available materials for improvisation.
Finally, the society would equally benefit from this study if the Home Economics teachers improvise and utilize Teaching aids, Home Economics teaching will be lively. If the findings of this study are as well published in journals and other news media they could contribute meaningfully to socio-cultural advancement of the society.
Scope of the Study
This study was limited to available Teaching aid for teaching Home Economics in Upper Basic 7 – 9, their utilization and how Teaching aids were being improvised. Also the problems and strategies in the utilization and improvisation of Teaching aids by teachers of Basic 7-9 Home Economics in Anambra State were investigated.
The following questions were answered in the course of this study
1. What Teaching aids are available for teaching basic 7-9 Home Economics students?
2. To what extent do Home Economic teachers of basic 7-9 utilize the available Teaching aids?
3. What are the various Teaching aid being improvised by basic 7-9 teachers of Home Economics?
4. In what ways are the various Teaching aids being improvised for teaching Basic 7-9 Home Economics students?
5. What problems do basic 7-9 teachers encounter in improvising Teaching aids for teaching?
6. What strategies can be adopted to enhance basic 7-9 HomeEconomic teachers’ improvisation of Teaching aids?
The following null hypotheses were be tested at 0.05 level of significance
Ho1: There is no significant difference in the mean response of urban and rural Basic 7-9 Home Economics teachers on their extent of
utilization of available Teaching aids for teaching.
Ho2: There is no significant difference in the mean response of urban and rural Basic 7-9 Home Economics teachers on the various
Teaching aids improvised by them.
Ho3: There is no significant difference in the mean response of urban and rural Basic 7-9 Home Economics teachers on the ways through which they improvised the various Teaching aids.
Ho4: There is no significant difference in the mean response of urban and rural Basic 7-9 Home Economics teachers on the problems they encounter in improvising Teaching aids.
Ho5: There is no significant difference in the mean response of urban and rural Basic 7-9 Home Economics teachers on the strategies for enhancing their improvisation of Teaching aids.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR VOCATIONAL EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)-BASED OFFICE SKILLS REQUIRED BY SECRETARIES FOR EFFECTIVE ADMINISTRATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The introduction of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is promoting efficiency in all are...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 227 hits | Source: VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
2. ATTITUDES OF TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION STUDENTS TOWARDS STUDENTS’ INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERICENCE SCHEME (SIWES)» ABSTRACT This research work investigated the attitude of students towards students’ industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) using the descriptive ...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 1,329 hits | Source: VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
3. EFFECT OF LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION ON PUPILS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AND INTEREST IN AGRICULTURE IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN IMO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Agriculture deals with the production of food for the benefit of man. It involves a set of activities...Continue Reading »
236 pages | 116 hits | Source: VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT This research project was carried out principally for the production of liquid and vapourized perfumes from local raw materials. The local ra...Continue Reading »
93 pages | 142 hits | Source: VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
» The article on this topic (factors hindering the effective teaching of vocational courses in Nigerian universities) is an extract from literature revi...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 217 hits | Source: VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
6. PROBLEMS OF STUDENTS IN CONDUCTING EFFECTIVE PHYSICS PRACTICAL IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Today we are living in the age of science and technology. Scientific inventions and discoveries h...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 133 hits | Source: VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
» Abstract This study is on a study of the determinants of vocational choice among senior secondary school students. The total population for the study ...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 135 hits | Source: VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
8. POOR ATTENDANCE AND ITS EFFECT ON PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS PERFORMANCES IN GADA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, SOKOTO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Attendance to school is very important during educational activities or academic studies. The iss...Continue Reading »
33 pages | 134 hits | Source: VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
9. INTERNET SKILLS AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE MANAGERS’ EFFECTIVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine the relationship between ‘Internet Skills of Administrative Office Managers’ and Effective Service ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 147 hits | Source: VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
10. EFFECTS OF LABORATORY EXERCISES ON SCIENCE SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN CHEMISTRY, IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» TABLE OF CONTENTSTitle Page iDEDICATION iiCERTIFICATION iiiACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ivTABLE OF CONTENTS viLIST OF TABLES xABSTRACT xiCHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION...Continue Reading »
99 pages | 405 hits | Source: VOCATIONAL EDUCATION