Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 33 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
Attendance to school is very important during educational activities or academic studies. The issue of school attendance of primary school in rural areas has been a problem affecting the performance of student. School and home factors affects students’ attendance, the social status and educational level of parents influence school attendance. (Ogherbvu 1999, Alio 2003 66-69)
Primary education is the initial stage of education, and has its basic aim to create, establish and offer opportunities to all children regardless of age, gender, or country of origin, to achieve a balance, cognitive, emotional and psychomotor development.
The importance of primary education can be seen in the sense that all beneficiaries of other levels of education by necessity have to pass through this level.(Oni 2008).Success and failure of the entire educational system as determined by primary education. (Oni 2008)
Some parents wouldn’t send their children to school because of the fear that western education would disrupt their Islamic way of life and the preference for the local language. They prefer the help which children render to them on their farms, in the markets and other traditional occupations which form an important part of economic survival of the parents, others will send their children to school but the children may not go to school.
1.2 Statement to the Problem
This study is aimed at finding out whether poor attendance has effect on pupils performance in primary schools in Gada local government area, Sokoto state.
1.3 Research Questions
The following research questions have been raised to guide this
1. Are primary school pupils absenting themselves from their various schools within Gada local government area?
2. Doespoor attendance affect pupils performance in primary schools in Gada local government area?
3. What are the factors affectingpupils attendance to school in Gada local government?
1.4 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the study are:-
1. To find out whether primary school pupils absent themselves from their various schools within Gad local government.
2. To find out how poor attendance affect pupils performance in primary schools in Gada local government.
3. To identify the factors affecting pupils attendance to school in Gada local government area.
1.5 Significance of the Study
This study would will be of great benefits to the following educational bodies:-
1. To the state ministry of education and officials, particularly for planning purposes and policy implementation.
2. Local government education authority for effective mobilization, enlightenment and enrolment drive initiative.
3. To various school administrators, such as Headmasters, headmistress and even to classroom teacher for proper pupils.
1.6 Scope and Delimitations of the Study
This study is only restricted to formal type of schooling and is delimited to the first level of education i.e. primary school.
Its respondent is drawn from members of the community involving parents, teachers, headmasters, and Local government education authority (L.G.E.A) officials.
The study is to examine the poor attendance and its effects on primary school pupils’ performance in Gada local government area, Sokoto state.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR VOCATIONAL EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF WRITTEN GRAMATICAL ERRORS COMMITTED BY SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS ON THE THEIR PERFORMANCE IN FRENCH EXAMINATION» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Approval Page ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of Contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INT...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on a study of the determinants of vocational choice among senior secondary school students. The total population for the study ...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (factors hindering the effective teaching of vocational courses in Nigerian universities) is an extract from literature revi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Drop out as defined by Heritage illustrated dictionary (1970) is to withdraw from participation in a ...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTS OF LABORATORY EXERCISES ON SCIENCE SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN CHEMISTRY, IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» TABLE OF CONTENTSTitle Page iDEDICATION iiCERTIFICATION iiiACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ivTABLE OF CONTENTS viLIST OF TABLES xABSTRACT xiCHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION...Continue Reading »
6. INFLUENCE OF HOME TELEVISION VIEWING ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF CHILDREN IN UPPER BASIC EDUCATION» Abstract The study investigated the influence of home television viewing on academic achievement of children in upper Basic Education Level in Kaduna ...Continue Reading »
7. INTERNET SKILLS AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE MANAGERS’ EFFECTIVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine the relationship between ‘Internet Skills of Administrative Office Managers’ and Effective Service ...Continue Reading »
8. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)-BASED OFFICE SKILLS REQUIRED BY SECRETARIES FOR EFFECTIVE ADMINISTRATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The introduction of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is promoting efficiency in all are...Continue Reading »
9. USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY IN TEACHING OF VOCATIONAL SUBJECTS IN POLYTECHNIC» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study It is a fact to state that, an effective human resources development is a function of the applicati...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF POOR TEACHER-STUDENTS RELATIONSHIP ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL BIOLOGY STUDENTS IN EBONYI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF...» Abstract The topic of this study is the influence of poor teacher students relationship on academic performance of senior secondary school biology stu...Continue Reading »