The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 31 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
Get the complete project »
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
Background of study
Statement of problem
Aim and objective
Significance of study
Scop of the study
Definition of terms
Review of related work
Method of land clearing
Types of rotary slasher
Basic components of a rotary slasher cutting unit
Types of grass to be cut
Advantage of rehabilitation
Disadvantage of rehabilitation
Rotary Slashers is an agricultural machine, which is used for cutting unwanted grass. These rotary slashers are joined through jigs, fixtures & dies, thus ensure joining accuracy as well as interchangeability. It has heavy duty gear boxes and rugged frame which can withstand rough and tough wild grass, anchored straw and bushes. It is designed for fast application to any type of 5080 HP tractor with three point linkage.
Rotary slasher are generally have an opening by the side of the housing through which cut grasses expelled. The blade is seldom Sharp enough to give a neat cutting point.The blade simply cut the grass resulting in brown tips.However the horizontal blades are easy to removed and sharpen or replace. Base on the energy source , the tractor power take off shaft is use to transfer power to the implement.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This project deals with the rejuvenation of rotary slasher slasher which was broken down for a while in the workshop due to some mechanical fault. We aimed at restoring the rotary slasher to good operative,effective and also make it to serve the purpose.
Rehabilitation of rotary slasher means to the process involved in repairing and rejuvenation of a broken down rotary slasher in other to restore it back to normal working condition. Due to high global economic set back today, a lot of people find it difficult when it comes in term of rehabilitation of broken down machine, implement part or the machine as a whole and hence serve as an alternative to purchasing new one.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
A physical inspection was carried out on the scrapped and abandoned rotary slasher to access the problems of the implement. After inspection and diagnosed. It was discovered that the following faults were detected.
i. The oil seal was damaged
ii. The slip clutch safety guard was missing
iii. The blades is blunt, require resharpening
iv. The center hitch pin was missing
v. The bolts and nuts on the blade need replacement
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVE
i. The aim of this project is to acquire practical knowledge on the rehabilitation process of a rotary slasher
ii. To make the implement functional
iii. To highlight on the advantages of good maintenance culture
i. To inspect the implement
ii. To diagnose and detect the fauts in the rotary slasher
iii. To estimate the requirements for the rehabilitation
iv. To rehabilitate and test implement
v. To provide additional implement to the department.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Is to have practical knowledge and experience of what is been thought in the classroom and also have idieas on the maintenance to add to the number of good equipment in the department.
This project would not only help in the rehabilitating the rotary slasher, but will help in correcting the maintenance of the implement, broadens the students technical knowledge of the implement hereby increasing their interest the field.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. MANUFACTURING SYSTEM OPTIMIZATION: A STUDY OF UNITY AND EFFICIENCY IN PRODUCTION (UEP) IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA (PAN)» ABSTRACTTheaim of this study is to investigate why the implementation of Unity and Efficiency in Production(UEP)is not yielding the expected results i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 43 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
2. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF SAFETY PRACTICES IN TECHNICAL WORKSHOP/ LABORATORY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGE MALALI KADUNA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 88 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» TABLE OF CONTENT CHAPTER ONE1.1 Introduction 1.2 Manual Digester 1.3 Motorized Digester 1.4 Types of Motorized Digester CHAPTER TWO2.1 Literature Revi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 116 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» ...Continue Reading »
29 pages | 74 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
5. IMPROVING THE SAFETY SKILLS NEEDS OF STUDENTS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES WORKSHOPS IN POTISKUM, YOBE STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of content vi Abstract vii CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTI...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 82 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» CONSTRUCTION OF AN EXTERNAL CALIPER Table of contents Title page Chapter one Introduction Background CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW CHAPTER THREE: MET...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 92 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background Sugarcane as it is widely known around the world is a tall perennial crop which produces an un branched st...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 101 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT The bookshelf had been successfully constructed. It was initiated so as to address the poor keeping of students’ files in various offic...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 22 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
9. THE USE OF WATERMELON SEED AS A COAGULANT IN INDUSTRIAL WASTE WATER TREATMENT (A CASE-STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERY, KADUNA)» Abstract The use of water melon seed in purifying waste water from Nigerian brewery, Kudenden, Kaduna – Nigeria was carried out and its application ...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 16 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
10. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN WELDING AND FABRICATION TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES OF KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 18 hits | Source: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING