Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 113 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Humans have consumed bakery products for hundreds of years. Among the different bakery products is the cake. Cakeis a form of sweet dessert that is typically baked. In its oldest forms, cakes were modifications of breads but now cover a wide range of preparations that can be simple or elaborate and share features with other desserts such as pastries, meringues, custards andpies. Typical cake ingredients are flour, sugar, eggs, butter or oil, a liquid, and leavening agents, such as baking soda and/or baking powder. Common additional ingredients and flavourings includedried, candied or fresh fruit, carrot, nuts, cocoa, and extracts such as vanilla, with numerous substitutions for the primary ingredients. Cakes can also be filled with fruit preserves or dessert sauces (like pastry cream), iced with buttercream or other icings, and decorated with marzipan, piped borders, or candied fruit (Modestus, 2011 and Akubor, 2011).
Cakes are an important baked product in human diet and are usually eaten with soft drinks, juice or tea and are also used as weaning food for infants. Carrot on the other hand is grown on a large scale in Northern Nigeria (Asagbara and Oyewole, 2010). However, it is widely consumed in all parts of Nigeria. Indeed, the consumption of carrot in Nigeria has increased tremendously in recent years because of the increased awareness of its benefits. Among vegetables, carrot is the best source of carotene which is the precursor of vitamin A, an essential nutrient for maintaining health (Heiman, 2010). Carrot also contains oxycarotenoids such as leutin, which has been shown to be protective against colon cancer in man and woman (Jonas, 2011). Appreciable amounts of other vitamins, minerals and anthocyanins are also found in carrot. Though, in Nigeria, local utilization of carrots is mostly limited to direct unprocessed eating. Carrot can be dehydrated, Therefore, dehydrated carrot could be processed into flour for foods to increase vitamin A and mineral contents. Since carrot is a valuable micronutrients source, drying techniques to be employed for this purpose should ensure maximum nutrient retention. With these considerations in mind it means that the production of cake with the blend of carrot and wheat flour will make a rich nutrients food. Therefore, this study will present the production and assessment of acceptability of cake from a blend of carrot and wheat flour.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The preparation of carrot flour Fresh and well graded carrot fruits, wheat flour and other ingredients for the production of carrot cake is a necessity. Hence, the study intends to solve the problems of achieving an enrich tasty carrot cake. Hence, it seeks to solve the problems of;
1. Lack of knowledge for carrot cake production
2. The acceptability of carrot cake
3. Inadequate ingredients for carrot cake production
4. To provide a simple an efficient recipe for carrot cake production
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aim of this project is to present a study on the production and assessment of acceptability of cake from a blend of carrot and wheat flour.
Therefore, the specific objectives are as follows;
1. To produce carrot cake
2. To examine the extent of acceptability of carrot cake
3. To state the ingredients used for carrot cake production
4. To provide a simple and efficient recipe for carrot cake production
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. How can carrot cake be produced?
2. To what extent is the acceptability of carrot cake?
3. What are the ingredients used for carrot cake production?
4. Is a simple and efficient recipe for carrot cake production provided?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study cannot be overemphasized. This is because cake making need to consider the benefits of nutrients that would be contained in the product. Hence, the blend of carrot and wheat flour will help increase nutrients value.
Also, the recipe that will be provided in this study will aid anyone who intend to carryout cake production as business, since it will help the person to have knowledge of carrot cake production.
Also, with this study one could start his/her own cake making business and this will in turn benefits the masses for employment and the government in terms of revenue.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract This project work was designed to examine and analyze the factors affecting the processing production and storage of garri in Oredo Local Gov...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Hawked foods are cheap and easily accessible and have met the food needs of people in many cities and towns of developing countries. This stu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF STUDY 1.0 Introduction A drilling fluid, or mud is any fluid that is used in a drilling operation in which that fluid is cir...Continue Reading »
4. NUTRITIONAL, MICROBIOLOGICAL AND SENSORY EVALUATION OF DIFFERENT BRANDS OF YOGHURT IN UYO METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT Yoghurt is a fermented dairy product which is consumed as a dessert, snack or as a probiotic food drink and has been one of the dairy product...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION One of the most pressing problems facing the developing nations is food scarcity. Salami and Popoola, (2007); Kana et al., (2...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF GROWTH PATTERN AND NUTRITIONAL STATUS OF UNDER FIVE A CASE STUDY AT YUSUF DAN-TSOHO MEMORY HOSPITAL TUDUN-WADA KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This project is meant to be a guide for the general public to understand and know the importance of growth pattern and nutritional status of ...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF DIFFERENT METHOD OF STORAGE ON NUTRITIONAL QUALITIES AND SENSORY ATTRIBUTES OF MIXED CITRUS JUICE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Fruits have been a part of human diet over the years. They are also considered as food supplement...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to assess nutrition in infancy, a case study of kawo general hospital, Kaduna. The specific objective of the study w...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to produce biscuit. spiced with ginger garlic, turmeric, cinnamon. Biscuit is hard, crisp and dried and baked produ...Continue Reading »
10. COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE NUTRIENT COMPOSITION, FUNCTIONAL PROPERTIES AND MICROBIAL LOAD OF SOME SPECIES OF GASTROPODS MEAT FLOURS» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Table of content v List of table vi List of figure vii Abstract viii ...Continue Reading »