Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 105 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
A microcontroller-based Versatile Traffic Light Control System/Trainer has been designed and implemented in the course of this project. The system can control traffic lights in all types of y- and cross-junctions. Two major aspects of the system are the hardware subsystem and the software subsystem. Each subsystem was first broken down into simpler parts or modules and each module was designed from first principles to get the required functional behavior. The entire system was then integrated into one functional unit and tested using a carefully laid-down test plan. The versatility of the system was made possible by the use of a microcontroller which enabled the researcher to use software to achieve a versatile, flexible and cost-effective solution. The system can double up as a training kit for undergraduates that are interested in learning traffic light control system design and operation.
Most roads in Nigeria urban areas are usually congested, some all-day, others during rush hours. It was found that larger part of this problem is that due to congestion at road intersections. However, traffic light systems have long been invented to control this problem. Most of these traffic light control systems are imported thereby making them expensive. Traditional traffic light control systems are designed to function at only a particular type of traffic intersection. For example, a control system that was designed for a cross-junction may not serve at T-junction.
This project work deals with a microcontroller-based traffic light control system that has the ability to control any type of y- and cross-traffic intersections. It is indigenous as well as versatile in its control functions as regards y- and cross-junctions. This has the effect of drastically reducing the design cost.
1.2 Aim and Objectives
This project aims at developing an 8051 microcontroller-based versatile y- and cross- traffic light control system which can be deployed at road
intersections for traffic control. It can be used as a teaching aid in schools for various road users. The purpose of this project work is to develop a versatile system that can control any type of cross- and y-traffic junctions to assist and to educate the general public on automobile-automobile and automobile-pedestal interactions at road intersections.
Since this work is indigenous, it can serve to replace the imported ones. It can also reduce the cost of design and implementation since addition of few instruction lines to the control program will make the control system function at any type of road intersection. The software program for this system can be modified to incorporate more functionality. This system/trainer also serves as a learning aid.
1.4 Scope of the Work
This versatile traffic light control system is intended to control a wide range of y- and cross- road intersections. In this work, we limit ourselves to the control of the following types of traffic junctions:
Automobile-automobile cross-junction Automobile pedestrian cross-junction
Automobile-automobile Y-junction using LEDs
Automobile-automobile Y-junction using lamps via dc relays
This project work is flexible in that the control program can be modified to incorporate other types of traffic junction control.
1.5 Block Diagram Overview
Fig. 1: Block Diagram Overview
As indicated in Fig. 1 above, the input subsystem comprises a switch panel that passes input signals to the control system which in turn invokes control algorithm from the system’s memory for its control operations. The input signal is used to configure the system to behave as a particular type of traffic junction controller. The user can select one out of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PC-BASED MULTIPOINT TEMPERATURE MONITORING AND CONTROL SYSTEM USING CUTIX PLC, NNEWI AS CASE STUDY» ABSTRACT A temperature monitoring system which can be used to monitor the temperature of industrial processes has been designed and implemented in the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND The project “automatic water level control with an automatic pump control system” is design to mon...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATION OF THE POTENTIALS OF LARGE SCALE PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER GENERATION FOR RURAL ELECTRIFICATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The potentials of large scale solar photovoltaic power generation in Sokoto State, North Western Nigeria and Port Harcourt, Southern Nigeria ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 THE BACKGROUND Welding is a way of heating pieces of metal using electricity or a flame so that they melt and stick togethe...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCT AN INTELLIGENT TRAFFIC LIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM USING SENSORS AND A MICROCONTROLLER» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Traffic control systems include signs, light and other devices that communicate with specific direction, warning, or requ...Continue Reading »
» DEDICATIONI dedicate this project work to Almighty God, the source of all knowledge, wisdom and understanding, for being there for me throughout the p...Continue Reading »
7. INSTALLATION A SELF-CONTROL SOLAR STREET LIGHT, CAPABLE OF SWITCHING ON AND OFF AT A SPECIFIC PERIOD OF TIME WITHOUT HUMAN INTERVENTION» CHAPTER ONE INTROUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The gradually growing requirement of energy and the limited resource of traditional energy sources has...Continue Reading »
8. POWER SUPPLY AND CONSUMER PREFERENCE OF SERVICE DELIVERY IN NIGERIA: THE CHOICE BETWEEN PREPAID METERS AND MONTHLY ESTIMATED BILLS» ABSTRACT This study examines the responses of consumers to power supply in Akwa Ibom state, case study Uyo and their preferences of billing methods of...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT`To improve the overall efficiency of the power system, the performance of transmission system must be improved. Some of the vital ways of ach...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 NEED FOR THE PROJECT The general objective of the system is to provide efficiency, steadiness in the use of power applian...Continue Reading »