Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 105 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
A microcontroller-based Versatile Traffic Light Control System/Trainer has been designed and implemented in the course of this project. The system can control traffic lights in all types of y- and cross-junctions. Two major aspects of the system are the hardware subsystem and the software subsystem. Each subsystem was first broken down into simpler parts or modules and each module was designed from first principles to get the required functional behavior. The entire system was then integrated into one functional unit and tested using a carefully laid-down test plan. The versatility of the system was made possible by the use of a microcontroller which enabled the researcher to use software to achieve a versatile, flexible and cost-effective solution. The system can double up as a training kit for undergraduates that are interested in learning traffic light control system design and operation.
Most roads in Nigeria urban areas are usually congested, some all-day, others during rush hours. It was found that larger part of this problem is that due to congestion at road intersections. However, traffic light systems have long been invented to control this problem. Most of these traffic light control systems are imported thereby making them expensive. Traditional traffic light control systems are designed to function at only a particular type of traffic intersection. For example, a control system that was designed for a cross-junction may not serve at T-junction.
This project work deals with a microcontroller-based traffic light control system that has the ability to control any type of y- and cross-traffic intersections. It is indigenous as well as versatile in its control functions as regards y- and cross-junctions. This has the effect of drastically reducing the design cost.
1.2 Aim and Objectives
This project aims at developing an 8051 microcontroller-based versatile y- and cross- traffic light control system which can be deployed at road
intersections for traffic control. It can be used as a teaching aid in schools for various road users. The purpose of this project work is to develop a versatile system that can control any type of cross- and y-traffic junctions to assist and to educate the general public on automobile-automobile and automobile-pedestal interactions at road intersections.
Since this work is indigenous, it can serve to replace the imported ones. It can also reduce the cost of design and implementation since addition of few instruction lines to the control program will make the control system function at any type of road intersection. The software program for this system can be modified to incorporate more functionality. This system/trainer also serves as a learning aid.
1.4 Scope of the Work
This versatile traffic light control system is intended to control a wide range of y- and cross- road intersections. In this work, we limit ourselves to the control of the following types of traffic junctions:
Automobile-automobile cross-junction Automobile pedestrian cross-junction
Automobile-automobile Y-junction using LEDs
Automobile-automobile Y-junction using lamps via dc relays
This project work is flexible in that the control program can be modified to incorporate other types of traffic junction control.
1.5 Block Diagram Overview
Fig. 1: Block Diagram Overview
As indicated in Fig. 1 above, the input subsystem comprises a switch panel that passes input signals to the control system which in turn invokes control algorithm from the system’s memory for its control operations. The input signal is used to configure the system to behave as a particular type of traffic junction controller. The user can select one out of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN OF AN EQUIPMENT THAT CAN FACILITATE A CONVENIENT AND EASY WAY OF CONTROLLING OUR DOMESTIC APPLIANCES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 OBJECTIVE OF PROJECT The need for a remote control alert system that can control domestic appliances and various lighting...Continue Reading »
84 pages | 320 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT The project is aimed at constructing a frequency to voltage transducer circuit. The method of constructing this circuit is first simulated on...Continue Reading »
23 pages | 80 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT The project is based on Construction of microcontroller vehicle speed alarm system which automatically warns the driver by activating a panic...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 1,102 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WIRELESS MENU SELECTION SYSTEM FOR ELECTRONIC-QUEUE BASED SERVICE DELIVERY» ABSTRACT In most organizations, queues for services have become a generic problem. This thesis presents a prototyped wireless menu selection system fo...Continue Reading »
120 pages | 344 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
5. THE EFFECT OF TEACHER-STUDENTS RELATIONSHIP ON STUDENTS ACADEMICS PERFORMANCE IN SOME SELECTED TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN NIGER AND KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE : INTRO...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 173 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
6. EVALUATION OF THE POTENTIALS OF LARGE SCALE PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER GENERATION FOR RURAL ELECTRIFICATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The potentials of large scale solar photovoltaic power generation in Sokoto State, North Western Nigeria and Port Harcourt, Southern Nigeria ...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 178 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The importance of light to every mankind cannot be over emphasized, even when the earth was created; the earth was illumi...Continue Reading »
44 pages | 204 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT Traffic congestion is a severe problem in many major cities across the world and it has become and nightmare for the commuters in these citie...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 439 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACTThe Automatic pump control with water level monitor and digital display is an electrical system constructed for convenient and adequate contro...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 218 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT This thesis presents the uniform Linear Array model of a simple adaptive antenna array based on signal to interference plus noise ratio (SINR...Continue Reading »
125 pages | 136 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING