Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The project is based on Construction of microcontroller vehicle speed alarm system which automatically warns the driver by activating a panic alarm which is triggered on when the driver exceeds the speed limit set in the system which also stops the alarm when the speed is reduced below the set speed limit. A speedometer system is used to monitor the speed of the car. The voltage output of the speedometer system is used to set the time the alarm comes on. The other component parts of the system are power unit which comprises of 5volts regulator and diode for reverse voltage prevention, micro controller, analog to digital converter (ADC), LED, resistors, transistors, wires and potentiometer. By proper steps, time and knowledge, one was able to couple the components together to achieve the desired functions which are stated in the various chapters of this report. This system can be used for road safety and measures taken to prevent accident caused by over speeding.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The dashboard instrument cluster in a car organizes a variety of sensors and gauges, including the oil pressure gauge, coolant temperature gauge, fuel level gauge, tachometer and more. But the most prominent gauge and perhaps the most important, at least in terms of how many times you look at it while driving is the speedometer. The job of the speedometer is to indicate the speed of a car in miles per hour, kilometers per hour or both. Even in late-model cars, it’s an analog device that uses a needle to point to a specific speed, which the driver reads as a number printed on a dial. As with any emerging technology, the first speedometers were expensive and available only as options. It wasn’t until 1910 that automobile manufacturers began to include the speedometer as standard equipment. One of the first speedometer suppliers was Otto Schulze Auto meter (OSA), a legacy company of Siemens VDO Automotive AG, one of the leading developers of modern instrument clusters. The first OSA speedometer was built in 1923 and its basic design didn’t change significantly for 60 years. In this project report, high lights will be on the history of speedometers, how they work and digitalization of speedometer, add-on speed checker, and what the future may hold for speedometer design, below is a pictorial overview of a speedometer.
1.2 THE AIM AND OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
To design a digital speedometer.
Incorporate a speed monitor with respect to set threshold.
1.3 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
Actualization of speed using analog to digital conversion technique;
Displaying the analog value in a digital format using an alphanumeric LCD display;
Entering the speed limit using keyboard built around to push to make switches (mode and adjustment keys)
Implementing hall -effect technique.
1.4 PROJECT REPORT ORGANIZATION
The chapter one is the introductory chapter of the project, chapter two highlights on the literature review of the project, chapter three highlights on the system operation chapter four circuit design and implementation, chapter five testing and results of the project, chapter six summary, recommendation and conclusion of the project non-chapter pages are: the reference page and appendix.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SKILLS IMPROVEMENT NEEDS OF TEACHERS IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE WORKS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A THREE PHASE AUTHOMATIC CHANGE OVER SWITCH WITH GENERATOR STARTER AND CUT-OFF» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Public power supply is a major contributor to economic development in every nation. In developing...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The development of a nation brings an effective transformation of its socio political, economic, cult...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1:0:0 INTRODUCTION A 220/12volts single phase step down transformer connected to a constructed rectifier is one whose input is 220 volts a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A thermosyphon solar water heating system which captures and utilises the abundant solar energy to provide domestic hot water was designed, s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 INTRODUCTION / BACKGROUND Human to human communication is an essential part of our every day activities. Advances in com...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A MICROCONTROLLER BASED LIQUIFIED PETROLEUM GAS LEAKAGE DETECTOR USING GSM MODULE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) detection is very important because gas is not only an explosive but al...Continue Reading »
» DEDICATIONI dedicate this project work to Almighty God, the source of all knowledge, wisdom and understanding, for being there for me throughout the p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Automatic water level controller for both overhead and underground tank is designed to monitor the level of water in a tank. It displays the ...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCT AN INTELLIGENT TRAFFIC LIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM USING SENSORS AND A MICROCONTROLLER» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Traffic control systems include signs, light and other devices that communicate with specific direction, warning, or requ...Continue Reading »