Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 42 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
INTRODUCTION TO LASER BASED INTRUDER ALARM SYSTEM.
A laser based intruder alarm system as in this project work is a security system based on the use of laser beam. Laser is an Acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
Laser beam in light operated project works are mostly used as means of putting things ‘ON’ remotely or used as trap which when obstructed results in a switching into action another operation. Burglar alarms widely use this kind of beam which is invisible to the naked eye. Ultrasound signals are also invisible but would be easily detected unlike the laser beam which becomes only visible when blocked by a plain background such as wall and so this could be used as an indicating pointer for many applications such as ammunition or target pointer for bombing aircraft or snipers.
Furthermore this project intends to use the laser system as a trap which when breached by a burglar, triggers and alarm as an alternating unit
1.1 PROBLEM DEFINATIONS
Detecting a burglar or intruder who is very smart at what he does best is a difficult task and as such to do it without an intruder knowledge is even more difficult. How to detect an intruder without his or her knowledge is the problem needing Engineering solutions.
1.2 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this project work is to design and construct a laser based intruder alarm system with the following objectives.
a) To develop a laser gun using a GA as diode to generate continuous laser beam for sensing by a detector
b) To develop a receiving circuit based on LDR (light dependent resistor) to detect the laser beam
c) To develop a switching circuit to switch into action a specified load
d) To design a 555 timer based alarm system
e) To realize a suitable power supply system unit for the whole circuit
1.3 JUSTIFICATION OF THE PROJECT
The means by which our valuables are secured cannot be over emphasized as the saying security is very crucial to all
1.4LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The limitation of this work is the non-availability ofelectric power to keep the system active and operational.
In terms of scope, this work is limited to security alternating system by design and construction in its basic form.
The figure of fig 1.1 shows the block unit which make up the laser based intruder alarm system.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND The world’s economies have over the last few decades, undergone dramatic transformation as nations striv...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Time can be defined as a measurable period which an action, process, or condition exist or continues ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Over the years the use of fossil fuels to generate electricity has not produced enviable results....Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF POWER OPERATED BANANA SLICER FOR SMALL SCALE FOOD PROCESSING INDUSTRIES» ABSTRACT A power rotary banana slicer suitable for small scale processing was designed and developed based on engineering properties of banana varieti...Continue Reading »
5. A CUCKOO SEARCH BASED CO-ORDINATION OF DISTRIBUTED GENERATION UNITS AND SHUNT CAPACITOR BANK IN RADIAL DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS» ABSTRACT This research work presents the Application of Cuckoo Search Algorithm for the simultaneous placement of distributed generation units and shu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Photovoltaic is a phenomenon whereby light is converted directly into electricity. In the 1860s, ...Continue Reading »
7. EVALUATION OF THE POTENTIALS OF LARGE SCALE PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER GENERATION FOR RURAL ELECTRIFICATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The potentials of large scale solar photovoltaic power generation in Sokoto State, North Western Nigeria and Port Harcourt, Southern Nigeria ...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A CONGESTION CONTROL SYSTEM FOR MULTI USER TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The world is fast becoming a global village and a necessary tool for this process is communic...Continue Reading »
9. FACTORS THAT WILL ENHANCE THE IMPROVEMENT OF SKILLS OF ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY TEACHERS IN KASTINA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUC...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT It has become inevitable that there would be communication and due to the inherent limitation of the human voice, the public address system c...Continue Reading »