Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 42 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
INTRODUCTION TO LASER BASED INTRUDER ALARM SYSTEM.
A laser based intruder alarm system as in this project work is a security system based on the use of laser beam. Laser is an Acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
Laser beam in light operated project works are mostly used as means of putting things ‘ON’ remotely or used as trap which when obstructed results in a switching into action another operation. Burglar alarms widely use this kind of beam which is invisible to the naked eye. Ultrasound signals are also invisible but would be easily detected unlike the laser beam which becomes only visible when blocked by a plain background such as wall and so this could be used as an indicating pointer for many applications such as ammunition or target pointer for bombing aircraft or snipers.
Furthermore this project intends to use the laser system as a trap which when breached by a burglar, triggers and alarm as an alternating unit
1.1 PROBLEM DEFINATIONS
Detecting a burglar or intruder who is very smart at what he does best is a difficult task and as such to do it without an intruder knowledge is even more difficult. How to detect an intruder without his or her knowledge is the problem needing Engineering solutions.
1.2 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this project work is to design and construct a laser based intruder alarm system with the following objectives.
a) To develop a laser gun using a GA as diode to generate continuous laser beam for sensing by a detector
b) To develop a receiving circuit based on LDR (light dependent resistor) to detect the laser beam
c) To develop a switching circuit to switch into action a specified load
d) To design a 555 timer based alarm system
e) To realize a suitable power supply system unit for the whole circuit
1.3 JUSTIFICATION OF THE PROJECT
The means by which our valuables are secured cannot be over emphasized as the saying security is very crucial to all
1.4LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The limitation of this work is the non-availability ofelectric power to keep the system active and operational.
In terms of scope, this work is limited to security alternating system by design and construction in its basic form.
The figure of fig 1.1 shows the block unit which make up the laser based intruder alarm system.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Distilled water is needed for drinking, irrigation and for many other applications. A diversity of approaches are used fo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION · BACKGROUND INFORMATION As the world becomes concerned with conserving electric power and the fuels that generate electrici...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction A wireless signal jammer is a device which blocks transmission by creating interference. This wireless signa...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The (PHCH) Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc, effort to provide us with a regular power supply has not yet been achieved. And it is becaus...Continue Reading »
5. MODELLING AND OPTIMIZATION OF A HYBRID ENERGY SYSTEM FOR GSM BASE TRANSCEIVER STATION SITES IN EMERGING CITIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The history of the Nigerian Telecommunication Industry can be divided into three phases (Okere, 2...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WIRELESS MENU SELECTION SYSTEM FOR ELECTRONIC-QUEUE BASED SERVICE DELIVERY» ABSTRACT In most organizations, queues for services have become a generic problem. This thesis presents a prototyped wireless menu selection system fo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Heart beat rate means the number of heartbeats per unit time, usually expressed as beats per minute (bpm). The...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project aims at to introduce new idea on energy management and control, minimization of power loss and theft due to illegal activities. ...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN OF AN EQUIPMENT THAT CAN FACILITATE A CONVENIENT AND EASY WAY OF CONTROLLING OUR DOMESTIC APPLIANCES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 OBJECTIVE OF PROJECT The need for a remote control alert system that can control domestic appliances and various lighting...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION PREAMBLE These days’ people normally have to address large gathering at a time and an efficient means of communication ...Continue Reading »