Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This research work presents the Application of Cuckoo Search Algorithm for the simultaneous placement of distributed generation units and shunt capacitor banks in radial distribution networks. The approaches used in most literatures for determining the optimal allocation of DG units and Capacitor banks did not consider the simultaneous placement of multiple combinations of DG units and capacitor banks in order to obtain the best combination of optimal sizes and installed an appropriate location for optimal network performance. The Cuckoo Search Algorithm was applied to determine the optimal location and sizes of Micro-DG units and Shunt Capacitor Banks with an objective of minimizing the total active and reactive power loss and maximizing voltage profile improvement and voltage stability of distribution networks. The DGs units and Capacitor banks where separately and simultaneously applied on standard IEEE 33 and 69 test bus systems and on 50 bus Canteen Feeder in Zaria distribution network. The result obtained from the simultaneous allocation was validated by comparing with that obtained from the separate allocation of Distributed Generators and Capacitor Banks. For the 33 bus test system, the Cuckoo search algorithm found the optimal sizes and locations of the best simultaneous combination of the DG units and capacitor bank allocated to be 515.69 kW at bus 25, 214.01 kW at bus 32 and 572.27 kVAr at bus 30 with 63.29% and 59.38% reduction in active and reactive power loss, 6.32% Improvement in average voltage profile and 7.89% in overall VSI, as compared to 31.65% and 31.25% active and reactive power loss reduction, 5.11% improvement in average voltage profile and 6.13% in overall VSI for separate DG placements, and 53.16% and 53.13% power loss reductions, 3,95% improvement in average voltage profile and 3.85% improvement in overall VSI for separate capacitor bank placement when compared to the base case result. For the standard IEEE 69 test bus system the optimal sizes and locations of the best combinations of DG units and CBs that were simultaneously allocated were found to be 239.83 kW at bus 53, 885.58 kW at bus 50 and 1408.79 kVAr at bus 50 with 74.29% and 79.17% reduction in active and reactive power loss, 2.34% Improvement in average voltage profile and 3.79% in overall VSI as compared to 51.43% and 54.17% active and reactive power loss reduction, 2.02% improvement in average voltage profile and 2.69% in overall VSI for the separate DG placements and 28.57% and 31.25% active and reactive power loss reductions, 1.65% improvement in average voltage profile for separate capacitor banks placement when compared to base case results. Finally for the 50- bus Canteen Feeder in Zaria distribution network, the optimal sizes and locations of the best combinations of DG units and capacitor banks simultaneously allocated was 247.19 kW at bus 23, 137.82 kVAr at bus 25 and 131.78 kW at bus 25 with 17.77% and 17.76% reduction in active and reactive power loss, 0.47% improvement in average voltage profile and 0.32% improvement in overall VSI as compared to 15.70% and 15.79% active and reactive power loss reductions,0.45% improvement in average voltage profile and 0.30% improvement in overall VSI for the separate DG placements, 9.92% and 9.87% active and reactive power loss reductions, 0.38% improvement in average voltage profile and 0.28% improvement in overall VSI for separate capacitor banks placements when compared to the base case results. From results comparison, it is evident that the simultaneous placement of DGs and Capacitor banks using the cuckoo search algorithm gave a better performance to the separate placement of the DG units and capacitor banks.
1.1 Background of Study
Electrical power systems are evolving from the conventional power systems known, where
generation plants are connected to a distribution or transmission network to new trends
involving decentralized systems consisting of small generating units connected directly to a
distribution system near demand consumption. This type of generating unit is termed
Distributed Generation (DG) (Pepermanset al., 2005). Among various DG types, the
renewable energy (Micr
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A SURVEY OF FACTORS AFFECTING ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC TRADE STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT IN NATIONAL TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE (NTC) EXAMINATION IN TECHNICAL COL...» TABLE OF CONTENTS TITLE PAGE i CERTIFICATION ii APPROVAL PAGE iii DEDICATION iv ACKNOWLEDGEMENT v TABLE OF CONTENTS vi LIST OF TABLES ix LIST OF APPEN...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the study A charge controller is an essential part of any alternative energy system. In its simplest form, ...Continue Reading »
3. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING THE USE OF ELECTRONIC MEDIA IN TEACHING ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS SUBJECTS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi List of figure/tables viii Abstrac...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe Automatic pump control with water level monitor and digital display is an electrical system constructed for convenient and adequate contro...Continue Reading »
5. FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR FAILURE OF STUDENTS IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE WORK IN THE SELECTED TECHNICAL COLLEGES, NIGER STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER I Introducti...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WIRELESS MENU SELECTION SYSTEM FOR ELECTRONIC-QUEUE BASED SERVICE DELIVERY» ABSTRACT In most organizations, queues for services have become a generic problem. This thesis presents a prototyped wireless menu selection system fo...Continue Reading »
7. SOLAR POWER GENERATION FOR INDIVIDUAL IN RURAL AREA CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF POWER IN THIS COUNTRY (NIGERIA).» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Energy is a basic need for the development of socio economic and enhancement of people’s living...Continue Reading »
8. INSTALLATION A SELF-CONTROL SOLAR STREET LIGHT, CAPABLE OF SWITCHING ON AND OFF AT A SPECIFIC PERIOD OF TIME WITHOUT HUMAN INTERVENTION» CHAPTER ONE INTROUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The gradually growing requirement of energy and the limited resource of traditional energy sources has...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT 'The greatest problem confronting some managers is the question of how to make employees perlorm better. Performance is achieved through caus...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The (PHCH) Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc, effort to provide us with a regular power supply has not yet been achieved. And it is becaus...Continue Reading »