Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 170 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This thesis has to do with the transfer of medical records taken remotely to a doctor via GSM wireless communication link. Specifically it makes use of the Short Messaging System (SMS) of the Global System for Mobile communication (GSM). The records will be taken by a nurse and stored in the hospital database via a visual basic developed user-interface. Whenever the threshold for a certain parameter set by the doctor is exceeded an SMS alert is sent to the doctor indicating an emergency to which the doctor sends back a reply giving directives to the caregiver on procedures to undertake pending his arrival. On the doctor’s visit, the history of records taken during his time of absence can be accessed by him for proper prescriptions for the patient which is equally stored in the database. Also if there is a new patient, the record is sent automatically to the doctor.
1.1 Background of the Study
Worldwide, people living in rural and remote areas struggle to access timely, quality specialty medical care. Residents of these areas often have access to substandard specialty healthcare, primarily because specialist physicians are more likely to be located in areas of concentrated population. There is also the challenge of having very few experts especially those managing chronic diseases even in the urban areas. Effective management of diseases especially chronic diseases can result in improved health outcomes and increased quality of life since more than 80% of primary care visits and two thirds of medical admissions into hospital emergency departments are related to chronic diseases. For example, controlling a parameter such as blood pressure in people with diabetes and hypertension has been shown to reduce mortality and incidence of severe and costly complications such as renal and cardiovascular disease.
Health care systems are now changing due to the dynamic nature of technological and scientific medical practices. The health care providers are now swiftly adopting these technologies into their health care procedures. Because of innovations in computing and communication technologies, many elements of medical practice can be accomplished when the patient and health care provider are geographically separated. The separation can be as small as across a town, across a state or even across the world.
Remote patient monitoring is relatively a new area of interest which enables medical professionals to monitor a patient remotely using various technological devices. It is primarily used for monitoring chronic diseases or specific diseases like heart diseases, diabetes mellitus, and hypertension e.t.c. These services can provide comparable health outcomes to traditional in-patient encounters, supply greater satisfaction to patients and is cost effective. Monitoring a patient at home or in a clinic without a resident expert using known device like blood pressure monitors, glucose meters e.t.c. and transferring the information to a caregiver is a fast growing emerging service. In developing countries like South Africa, Primary Remote Diagnostic
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A robot is a mechanical or virtual intelligent agent that can perform tasks automatically or with...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work is designed to provide assistance in engaging and overcoming challenges involved in troubleshooting and maintenance of local area n...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A MICROCONTROLLER-BASED VERSATILE Y- AND CROSS-JUNCTION TRAFFIC LIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM/TRAINER» ABSTRACT A microcontroller based Versatile Traffic Light Control System/Trainer has been designed and implemented in the course of this project. The s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the study A charge controller is an essential part of any alternative energy system. In its simplest form, ...Continue Reading »
5. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING THE USE OF ELECTRONIC MEDIA IN TEACHING ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS SUBJECTS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi List of figure/tables viii Abstrac...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND SIMULATION OF AUTOMATIC SOLAR POWERED TIME REGULATED WATER PUMPING AND IRRIGATION SYSTEM» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTORDUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Over the years the activities of the solar energy have being beneficial to mankind. It is evident...Continue Reading »
7. THE POLITICAL CORRUPTION AND PSYCHOSOCIAL DISORDER, USING TANURE OJAIDE’S THE ACTIVIST AND OKEY NDIBE’S ARROW OF RAIN» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria’s political problems sprang from the carefree manner in which the British took over, administered, and aban...Continue Reading »
8. SKILLS IMPROVEMENT NEEDS OF TEACHERS IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE WORKS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In our society today writing a project is all about applying the theories learnt over the year to produce design and cons...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe design of this 30 volt Audio Amplifier with volume, table and bass control which was done wit ht he combination of five (5) different circ...Continue Reading »