Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The attainment of Organizational goals depends largely on the effort of its human resources. No Organization survives without the effort of manpower, that is why management of any Organization must recognize human element as the most vital ingredient that sustain the growth and long survival of the Organization. For sustainable development and continuous increase in productivity, the management must actively be up and doing in Manpower Training and Development programme because training and re-training of staff bridge the gap between the actual performance and expected performance.
Training is the planned and conscious effort towards improving skills and attitude to increase Organizational productivity. Apart from increasing productivity, it must prepare employee for higher position and when faced with complex task, it keeps employees at rest. As Organization expand so the management became complex which call for the need for manpower training for effective and efficient running of the Organization. Employee needs a constant training to withstand technological changes. Training deals with factual and relatively structured learning material having immediate job reference to programme for fewer ranking employee while development is strictly meant for managers.
Management development therefore implies, attempt to improve managerial performance effectiveness through impacting knowledge for the purpose of Organizational performance. Some managers are developing Organization wide to identify managerial potentials or superior candidate with the view of widen the breath of experience in knowledge and attitude. Some are developed to enable them ripe for promotion, job appraisals and withstand complex task. Manpower Training and Development as a policy in an Organization involves giving the required training and impacting the needed knowledge to improve the employee performances which is geared towards increasing productivity. Other objectives of training programme is avoidance of personnel obsolesce, a constant damage in highly competitive and changing business environment above all, Training and Development is the life wire of any Organization that wishes to grow.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
“Manpower Training and Development on Organization goals attainment” as a chosen research topic which set out to find how manpower development can affect Organization set goals. Thus competent manpower must be recruited, trained, developed and maintained in order that the desired goals and objectives of any Organization can be realized.
Some Organization could not let to train their employees simply because they fear the risk of loosing them to other competitors as they become attractive and marketable. Some are due to wrong perception that money spent on training is a lost, instead of investment and poor implementation of policy.
Based on the above reasons, it is pertinent to ask the following questions:
i) To what extent is Training and Development of manpower recognized as a very important tool for attainment of Organizational goals?
ii) How does Manpower Training and Development affect Organizational productivity?
iii) Does Kaduna State University Policy encourages Training and Development?
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The followings are the objectives of this study:
i) To investigate the effect of Manpower Training and Development.
ii) To know the attitude of the employee towards Training and Development in the Organization.
iii) To investigate how effective is the implementation of Training and Development policy without human error.
1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
In order for reliability and accuracy of this work, the Researcher would like to put forth the following:
Ho: That Manpower Training and Development does not Improve Organizational Productivity.
Hi: That Manpower Training and Development enhances the increase in Organizational Productivity.
1.5 THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
From the various studies as well as discussions mentioned earlier, it is apparent that there is enough ground to warrant a study that will examine the effect of Manpower Training and Development. The importance of the study cannot be over emphasized for the fact that the success and growth of an Organization depend on Training and Development.
Thus, the following are significance of the study:
i) Determine how Training and Development will prepare the employee for higher and complex task.
ii) Training increase Organization productivity and boost the staff moral.
iii) It reduces supervision cost.
iv) It reduces the rate of accident e.g. machine accident.
v) It enhances employees performance.
vi) It brings about long term survival and attainment of Organizational goals.
1.6 SCOPE OF STUDY
Manpower Training and Development is a very broad topic it is one that has new concept introduced from time to time. This is because employees now appreciate the value of Training and Development of the skills improving their performances. However, for the purpose of accuracy and clarity, this Project Work is confined to Kaduna State University.
Moreso, the study will be limited to how training and programme are carried out and the effect on Organizational productivity.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Training and Development programme is very wide area of discussion which requires enough time to research, but due to time constraint the Researcher could not go into details as the case may be. The Programme is supposed to be organized in line with Organization’s policy so it is capital intensive. Also, some supervision attitude does not encourage the Researcher which poses a challenge to the Researcher.
1.8 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Kaduna State University was established in May 21st 2004 as Law No. 3, 2004 and signed by the Executive Governor Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi, by the Kaduna State House of Assembly brought about the establishment of a Kaduna State University.
The Promulgation followed the observed need of boosting higher education in both the Northern and Southern parts of the State. Consequently, two campuses were approved, one in Kaduna and the other in Kafanchan.
Kaduna State University (KASU) is to provide all round University education of the highest standard for the development of the individual and the State, while inculcating the spirit of love, tolerance, understanding and unity in the state in particular and the country in general. This academic institution aims at providing courses of instruction and other facilities for the pursuit of learning in all its branches, and to make those facilities available on proper terms to such persons as they are equipped to benefit from them. Furthermore, to encourage and promote scholarship and conduct research in all fields of learning and human endeavour.
The University has the Administrative and Academic structure of the institution with each having its own members and style of leadership. The Administrative structure of the University is therefore, based on the traditional form for governing bodies (4) of Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation. The Central Administration consists of the Vice Chancellor, the Registrar and the Bursar. There are also Academic Service Unit and Non Academic Service Units e.g. the University Library, Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES), Medical Teaching Hospital. The Non-Academic Services units are department of Academic Planning, Department of Physical Development and Maintenance Services. The Administrative structure of the University is shown in an Organogram below:
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ECONOMIC IMPLICATION OF ELECTRONIC BANKING IN OPERATIONS OF BANKS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Prior to the banking emergence of a modern banking system in Nigeria, the payment or settlement o...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF UNEMPLOYMENT ON YOUTH DEVELOPMENT AND NATION BUILDING IN SOME SELECTED L. G.A IN EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This research work made effort to examine empiricallythe impact of unemployment on youth development and nation building, using Afikpo, Ivo a...Continue Reading »
3. PRICING DETERMINANTS AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION OF SELECTED PAINT MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN ABIA STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In the competitive environments, investing in customer satisfaction is a means of creating a sust...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF LEADERSHIP STYLE ON CONFLICT MEDIATION IN MODERN DAY ORGANIZATION [A CASES STUDY OF SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (SPDC) WARRI]» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Among the many predominant occurrences in organization both in the developing and developed world...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The history of development and what currently obtains globally sasses that it was is and will be ...Continue Reading »
6. HOW RELEVANT IS COMMUNICATION DEVELOPMENT TO BUSINESS ORGANISATION USING YOUR ORGANISATION AS A CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In every social formation or environment, man finds it necessary to bring themselves together in ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Content Page Title page i Certification ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Abstract vii Table of content viii CHAPTER...Continue Reading »
8. EVALUATING TRANSPORTATION, WAREHOUSING AND INVENTORY CONTROL PRACTICES IN SELECTED MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN NIGERIA: TOWARDS A PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION PRO...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The economy of any nation depends to a great extent on the production and distribution of finishe...Continue Reading »
9. AN EXAMINATION OF THE IMPACT OF RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION STRATEGIES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISE (A CASE STUDY OF NOVAL HOTEL NI...» ABSTRACT Hospitality business is a facet of the Nigerian economy that enhances economic growth and development as small and medium enterprises through...Continue Reading »
10. THE INFLUENCE OF MOTIVATION ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACTThe study attempts to investigate the influence of motivation on the academic performance of students in selected secondary schools in Ikeja L...Continue Reading »