Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The fundamental requirement for starting and successfully operating a small business venture lies with having a perfect knowledge of enterpreneualship and small business and the core enterpreneual small required to start and manage small business is succeed. Why do many small business fail, the answer is because of lack of management experience,lack of information about the customer, unbalanced experience in a line of business, lack of product development. All of these reasons constitute the fact that they lack core enterprenuealship.
ENTERPRENEURE DEFINED: according to economic theory the enterpreneual is the person who coordinates the other three factors of production. Following this we shall defined the enterpreneual as someone who start a business, arrange business deals and take the result in order to make a profit. The words underlined in our definition are very important. Firstly the enterpreneual is the one who start a business. Interesting one of the key objectives of this research is to equip student with necessary skills to start a new business. Secondly the enterpreneual takes the necessary business risk in the market place. If the business is successful he takes all the profit. However, if the business is successful the result is a loss. Therefore it is clear that enterpreneualship is all about staring business and running them.
- : the function of the enterpreneual are planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling which also constitute fundamental skills required for stating and running a small business. It is however pertinent to enervate core enterpreneual skills and competencies required establishing and successfully managing small business ventures.
ENTERPRENEIUAL SKILLS AND BUSINESS FOR SUCCESS IN SMALL BUSINESS:
This skills and competences can be classified into (a)technical competences or skills, (b) mental ability(c) human relation skills(D)high achievement drive(e) creativity leonikpa(2008) small business management, open national university of Nigeria pg 36-38. Technical competences refer to the ability of the enterpreneual to understand the business in question and also possess the required knowledge and skill to engage in the business e.g. an architect engage in architectural practice must be able to design good house. Mental ability refers to the capacity to understand, think and develop competitive strategies. Human relations skills and leadership skills. High achievement drive consists of communication skills, motivational skills and leadership skill. High achievement drives consist of the passion to achieve and succeed. It involves taking responsibility, calculated risk and ensuring feed- back in operations. Creativity is the ability to process and arrange information in ways that leads to new knowledge. Creative people end up with innovation and also innovative ways of doing things.For the foregoing it can be asserted that making a success in staring and operating a small business is no meansa small reliable adventure. Therefore acquiring enterpreneual competencies is fundamental. Therefore the research seeks to explore enterpreneual competencies required by business education student for establishing small business venture in akwa ibom state.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
- The study shall provide a framework of the nature of small business and enterpreneualship.
- The study shall provide a framework of core enterpreneual skills and competences for successfully starting and managing a small business.
- The stud shall details structural information as guild to view investor in small business.
- The study shall serve as reference guild to student, consultant, small business managers and enterpreneual.
- what is enterpreneualship
- What is small business, nature and types
- Why do small business fails in AKS
- What constitute core enterpreneual skills/competencies for successful small business management?
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The major purpose of the study is to determine the entrepreneurial competencies required by business education student for establishing small business venture in akwa state. Specifically, the study intends to
1.determine the management skills required by business education student for establishing small business ventures in akwa ibom state.
2. determine the marketing skills required by business education student for establishing small business venture in AKS
3. find out the accounting skills required by business accounting for establishing small business ventures in AKS.
4.Determinethe communication skills by business education student for establishing small business venture in AKS
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of small business cannot be over emphasized in view of the important role it plays towards the economic development of the nation. It constitutes a significant sector providing employment opportunities to large segment of the society. In view of its nature of requiring small capital, less complex technology and lesser number of people including students have taken keen interest to start, own and operate a small business. However statistic shows that many small businesses started here failed due to inability to successfully manage them. Why do small businesses failed? Simple; lack of managerial skills, lack of information about the customers, unbalanced experience about the line of business, lack of product development etc. it is therefore imperative to stress the necessity to have fundamental knowledge and competencies in enterprenuealship and business management. Therefore the problem confronting this research is to investigate enterpreenual competencies required by small business education student for establishing small business venture in AKS.
STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
Ho small business does not impact in the development of AKS
Hi small business impact in the development AKS
Ho enterpreneual competencies do not impact on the successful management of small business.
Hi enterpreneual competencies impact in the successful management of small business.
Ho the level of enterpreneual competencies among business education students is low.
Hi the level of enterpreneual competencies among business education students is high.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study focuses on the enterpreneual competencies required by business education student for establishing small business ventures in AKS
DEFINNITION OF TERMS
DEFINITION OF SMALL BUSINESS
Small business is defined as one that is independently owned and operated and is not dominated in its field of operation. Lean ikpa, onwe.o.(2008)
DEFINITION OF ENTERPRENEUAL/ENTERPRENEUALSHIP
The enterpreneual according to economics is the person who coordinates the other three factors of production. The enterpreneual is defined as someone who starts a business, arranges business deals and takes the risks in order to make profit. Enterpreneualship therefore is the process of identifying new business ideas or opportunities starting and operating a business.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ATTITUDE OF BUSINESS EDUCATION TEACHERS TOWARDS TEACHING: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL IKPOBA OKHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STAT...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Teaching is an old profession for centuries the teachers has been a reverend individual, a person...Continue Reading »
2. BUSINESS EDUCATION STUDENTS’ ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILLS ACQUISITION AND THE ATTAINMENT OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN PORT HARCOURT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria, like any other developing country is highly sensitive to the need of providing vocationa...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF STUDENTS’ PERCEPTION ON GENDER ENROLMENT PATTERN INTO BUSINESS STUDIES EDUCATION COURSES IN NCE IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education is primarily conceived as the process of imparting or assimilation of general knowledg...Continue Reading »
4. FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR STUDENTS’ LOW ENROLLMENT IN BUSINESS SUBJECT IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT The purpose of this research work is to look into the factors responsible for students low enrolment in business subjects in ten (10) selecte...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION ON ENTREPRENEURIAL INTENION OF STUDENTS IN BAYERO UNIVERSITY KANO» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Education is one of the vital aspects of the environment that needs to be understood if the indiv...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Small scale business constitute an important component of the Nigerian industrial sector. The importance of this sector c...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A budget is a comprehensive, formal plan that estimates the probable expenditures and revenues for an organization over a specific period. De...Continue Reading »
8. PRINCIPAL MANAGEMENT AND EDUCATIONAL REPROCESS AND STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN BUSINESS STUDIES IN OBIO/AKPOR LGA OF RIVERS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study In recent times, education stakeholders have expressed their concern over the poor performance o...Continue Reading »
» 1.0 INTRODUCTION OF THE STUDY 1.1 BACKGROUND Micro finance Bank (describe here as small scale financial services to claim that they are economically a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Though teaching and learning are intimately linked processes and are interdependent as well as in...Continue Reading »