Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK
The conceptual framework for this study is based on personnel management as a field of study. According to Flippo (1986), personnel management is the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of the procurement, development, compensation, integration, maintenance and separation of human resource to the end that individual, organizational and societal objectives are accomplished. From the above definition of human resource management, it can be observed that personnel management involves two (2) major types of activities. These are managerial functions of personnel management and operative functions of personnel management.
Managerial functions of personnel management involves:-
1. Human resources planning
2. Organizing human resources
3. Directing human resources
4. Controlling human resources
The second function of personnel management involves the operative function of personnel management. They involve the following activities.
1. Procurement of human resource
2. Development of human resource
3. Compensation of human resource
4. Integration of human resource
5. Maintenance of human resource
6. Separation or disengagement of human resource.
The present study falls within the operative function of development of human resource. This will be discussed in details in chapter 2 which deals on theoretical framework for this study.
1.2 BACKGROUND OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
Organizations are founded and built on two fundamental forces – people and goals. Recently, organizations have come to realize that people are their most valuable resource or assets. The success or failure of every organization still depends to a large extent on the quality and level of motivation of its workforce. People are the causative factor that begin and impose change and transformation on the other factors of production, Onukogu (1982). According to him; human resources need thoughtful provision, utilization and preservation. This consideration has led experts to focus more on people at work and their nature. But what is the nature of people at work (i.e. pursuing the goals of the organization).
1.3 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The statement of problem in this study is that poor training and development program affect organizational performance negatively which, as a result of poor assessment phase, lead to poor training and development in employees. To what extent are resources committed to training and development? Does the organization in question have adequate facilities and personnel for training and development
1.4 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. To ascertain if organizations commit adequate human and material resources towards training and development activities.
2. To identify the human resources training and development strategies adopted by SCOA Nigeria Plc.
3. To determine if these training and development activities improve organizational performance and employee motivation.
4. To ascertain the quality of training and development delivered in terms of its financing.
5. To recommend how training and development program can be improved to meet its objectives and that of the organization in question.
The research hypotheses for this research are based on the following:
When employees are effectively trained and developed, employees skills and talents improve
When employees are effectively trained and developed, executive decision making skills improve
When employees are effectively trained and developed, employee commitment and motivation improve.
When employees are effectively trained and developed, organizational performance improves.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The result of this study will assist to emphasize that human resources training and development is necessary for all levels of staff as a result of the ever changing environment of SCOA Nigeria plc more especially in the area of organizational development.
This study will also assist the top management of SCOA Nigeria Plc to assess their commitment to human resource training and development in terms of proper funding which assures quality training in an organization and rightful skills acquired.
Another significance is that the impact of the training and development on the employees is ascertained in terms of its relationship with promoting employees and increment in salary. It is often times expected that when employees are updated through training and a new position occupied in the case of transfer, that there is an increment of salary and promotion too.
1.7 MOTIVATION FOR THE STUDY
SCOA Nigeria Plc is a company which commenced operation and got incorporated as a limited liability company in June 1969.
Being a conglomerate whose principal activities of the company are distribution, maintenance and leasing of motor vehicles; sales and service of power generators and plants; sales and service of : earthmoving equipment, construction and mining equipment, industrial compressors, agricultural equipment etc show that, its expectations and practices are challenging and requires a lot of hard work and, thus the need for training and development will always be evident to meet up with these challenges.
The use of the training model is usually not exhaustive and thus there was need to investigate if this conglomerate does likewise.
1.8 FORMAT FOR THIS STUDY
The format of this study shall be as follows:
Chapter 1 - Introduction Chapter 2 - Literature Review
Chapter 3 -
Chapter 4 -
Chapter 5 -
1.9 DEFINITIONS OF TERMS
Data presentation and analysis Summary, Findings, Conclusion and Recommendations.
An organization of two or more people who work together to accomplish an objective under authority and leadership. Nwachukwu (1988).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Presently, there is an increase search for ways geared towards motivating employees in industry b...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction A lot of works. Has no doubt been done on the concept of cooperative society due to the recognition of it relevant to any...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF STOCK EXCHANGE IN THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA. USING THE NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET BENIN» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION A stock exchange is an organized auction market with physical location and facilities for trading in stocks and shares th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Performance of a corporation whether profit or non profit making is of great importance as it ser...Continue Reading »
5. PUBLIC RELATIONS STRATEGIES FOR ENCHANCING THE IMAGE OF INSURANCE COMPANIES: A STUDY OF ENUGU URBAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study. A study of insurance history reveals that insurance practice arose from the need to protect aga...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY. The unprecedented growth in staff training activities in the industrialized world since the Seco...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Recruitment and Selection is a vital process for every successful organization because having the...Continue Reading »
8. PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES OF SETTING UP SMALL SCALE BUSINESSES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UYO LGA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is a well known fact that for every economy to thrive, much emphasis needs to be placed on the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYStrike action also called labour strike or industrial action is a work stoppage caused by the mass r...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research provides an appraisal of the role of the auditor in the achievement of organization objective.It analyses the auditing function ...Continue Reading »