Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 48 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Motivation is concerned with why people do what they do. It answers such questions as why do managers or workers got to work and do a good job. This tries to explain what motivates people to act the way they do with primary focus on the work place. It is the primary task of the manager to create and maintain an environment in which employees can work efficiently to realize the objectives of the organization.
Employees differ not only in their ability to work but also in their will to do so (motivation) to motivate is to induce, persuade, stimulate, even compel, and employee to act in a manner which fulfills the objectives of an organization. the motivation of employees depends on the strength of their motives. Motives are needs, wants drives, or impulses within the individual and these determine h8uman behaviour.
Motivation then is the process of:
i. Arousing behaviour
ii. Sustaining behviour in progress, and channeling behaviour into a specific course or action.
Thus, motive (needs, desire) induce employees to act, motivation, therefore, is the inner state that energies, channels and sustains human behaviour.
Since it has been established that a behaviour except involving responses are gorals directed, manager can apply motivation theories of management in their attempt to direct the job behaviour of employees towards the goal of their establishment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Workers have organization due to the fact that they are not motivated enough. Some are not willing to have because they are enjoying some benefit in terms of promotion which leads to increase in salaries and wages, bonuses and some other incentives.
Organizations must improve the work performance, productivity, skills and ability of its employees. The problem is how to motivate workers to achieving higher productivity.
1.3 RELEVANT RESEARCH QUESTIONS
Some of the research questions are:
1. To what extent does the personal policy implemented by your company affect your productivity?
2. How often does the company emback on staff training and development?
3. Does your company clearly/respect trade union position of its employees?
4. Are there differences in the way staff and workers are treated in the organization?
5. Is joint constitution practiced positively a method of obtaining employees views on problems and proposed charges before final decision are taken?
1.4 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The research hypothesis are:
Ho: The more there is effective motivation, the less the morals or employees
H1: The more there is effective motivation the more the moral of employees.
Ho: Adoption of motivational techniques will automatically decrease the workers productivity
H1: Adoption of motivation techniques will automatically increase the workers productivity.
Ho: The success of an organization does not depend on the motivational procedures being adopted
H1: The success of an organization depends on the motivational procedures being adopted.
1.5 PURPOSE/OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The study is to ascertain the motivational activities of inter-continental bank Plc.
a. To ascertain the application of the motivational techniques by the organization concerned
b. To know the problem inhibiting the success of the employees motivation in the organization
c. To know the response of the employees to motivational techniques adopted by the organization.
d. To provide situations and recommendations where necessary on the best and effective motivational techniques used in the organization.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This project covers the aspect of motivation in persuading, stimulating and compelling an employee to act in a manner which fulfills the objectives of the organization.
One cannot but say that data convection is the most tedious of writing the project. Another limitation is that the researcher being a student who has to read other courses as well as to take normal lectures during the period of the research may be limited by time given for the study being too short.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study cannot be over-emphasized. It will be base on the examination of the motivation practice in intercontinental bank plc and to know the extent to which it is being carried out, the effects on the workers, the organization and the country at large. Moreso, to acquaint the various managers and different categories of employees to the need to embrace motivation which will go along way in achieving higher productivity.
1.8 HISTORY BACKGROUND OF INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC
Intercontinental bank plc came into existence in March, 1989 as a product of the partnership between some visionary and dynamic Nigerian business men to provided innovative and customer. Focused produces and service that will satisfy the public growing need for sophisticated banking services. Since its inception then a Nigerian intercontinental merchant bank limited, the bank has been providing a wide array of products and services convening investment banking, retail and finds management.
Since its be in the commercial banking field, intercontinental bank plc has pursed on aggressive branch network expansion programme as at march, the bank has 63 branches making it sixth largest bank in the country in terms of network.
In July, 1991 the bank converted to a commercial bank, and later obtained a universal banking license to avail many more customers as its unique products and services as well as tap into the market opportunities in the Nigerian economy.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Motivation: This I the process of arousing behaviour, sustaining behaviour in progress and channeling behaviour into a specific course of action.
Management: This is the process of getting things done through people. It involves planning, organizing staff, directing, co-ordinating and controlling both human and material resources for the purpose of achieving a set goal.
Responsibility: This is the subordinate’s obligation to perform a duty which has been assigned to him.
Organization: this has to do with determination and provision of capital, material, equipment and personnel that may be required in an enterprise in order to achieve set goals.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study Leadership can be seen as the process of leading different people of different characters in orde...Continue Reading »
2. EMPLOYEES TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT AS A VERITABLE TOOL FOR ORGANIZATION PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF DELTA STATE POLYTECHNIC OZORO)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Most organization today has been trying hard to protect their reputation both within and outside ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Taxation is one of the major fiscal policies the government of any nation such as Nigeria can use...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work is on causes of business failure and possible solutions with a case study of Faith printing press, Uyo. business failure i...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the relationship between information technology and service delivery in tertiary hospitals in Rivers stat...Continue Reading »
6. ROAD TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT AND CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION (A CASE STUDY OF PEACE MASS TRANSIT, PEACE PARK ENUGU ROAD NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE.)» ABSTRACT Road Transportation was viewed by the researcher as a sine qua non in the economy whether developed or developing. Road transportation is see...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction Islamic banking or interest free banking as it is alternatively called is a banking system based on the pri...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN RURAL AREAS USING ISOKO NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA AS A CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The Nigeria rural areas consist of diversity of people with distinct cultures sustained by diverse ec...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECTS OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS (IFRS) ON EARNINGS MANAGEMENT OF QUOTED NON-FINANCIAL COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study investigated the effects of IFRS adoption on earnings management of non financial quoted companies in Nigeria. I used a sample of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Corporate growth was much desired by most companies operating in Nigeria these was because of the advantage of high profit ability to dictate...Continue Reading »