Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 37 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The Cleome viscosa Linn is commonly known as Asian spider flower or yellow spider flower. It belongs to Capperaceae family.C.viscosa is a weed distributed throughout the tropics of the world and the plains of india. It is known as Asian spider flower in English, Namijin `yaranguwa in Hausa, Hurhur in India, Hurhuria in Bengali, Nayikkadugan in Tamil (Asolkaret, al. 1992).Traditionally, this plant is used in various disorders such as diarrhoea, fever, inflammation, liver diseases, bronchitis, skin diseases, and malarial fever (Henty and Pritchard, 1975). The juice is useful in piles, lumbago and earache. The analgesic, antipyretic and anti-diarrhoeal activities of the extract have been reported by researchers, it was noted that the fresh leaves of C.viscosa are widely used as medicine for Jaundice.1
Brief description of the plant
Cleome viscosa belonging to the family Capparaceae (Narayanaet, al., 2003). It is an annual sticky herb with strong penetrating odor. The plant is clothed with glandular and simple hairs (Rukmini, 1978). It is a widely distributed herbaceous plant with yellow flowers and long slender pods containing seeds, which is similar to that of mustard. C.viscosa, also called “Dog mustard”, is a herb that
grow up to 1m height in India (Parimalaet, al., 2004). Cleome is a large genus included in the Capparaceae family, which comprises 427 species occurring in tropical and subtropical regions of the world (Brummit, 1992). The native of the plant is Africa and S. Arabia to Australia.The leaves are diaphoretic, rubefacient and vesicant. They are used as an external application to wounds and ulcers. The juice of the leaves has been used to relieve earache. The seeds are anthelmintic, carminative, rubefacient and vesicant. The seeds of C.viscosa are used to treat fever, diarrhea, and infantile convulsion (Rashmi, et al., 2012). C.viscosa is a popular remedy for a variety of ailments as documented in Ethno-botanical surveys and traditional systems of medicine, such as Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani (Raghavan, 1993).
1.1 Importance of phytochemicals
The defuttered extract were tested for the presence of different secondary plant metabolites. Basic phytochemical screening consist of performing simple chemical test to detect the presence of alkanoids (Herbone, 1973),Tanins (Herbone, 1998) and saponid and cardial glycoside.
Observation of antibacterial activity may be due to the presence of potent phytochemical constituents in the extracts. The data obtained in the present work will be useful in the synthesis of new drugs of pharmaceutical importance. Phytochemical analysis or screening can be useful to substantiate and authenticate drugs e.gpharmacognostic
1.2 Statement of the problem
The chemical pollution of soil has become a major source of concern and has posed serious health problem within the last few years in many developed and developing nations (Ahmadpouret, al., 2010). The effect of heavy metal on plant resulted inhibition, structural damage, a decline of physiological and biochemical activities, as well as of the function of the plant (Oancea, 2005). As a weed, C.viscosais found in abundance within the University premises including students hostels and staff quarters, road-site, University mini market and other areas. The plant is increasingly dominating agricultural lands and hence pose danger to other plant species.
This plant specie is considered as a weed. Phytochemicals are generally used as a essential nutrient responsible for the protection and carrying of many health situation, including fever, diarrhea, infantile convulsion, ulcer and earache e.t.c. Hence it is important to determine the specie chemical compositions present in the leaf, pod and roots.
1.4 Aim of the study
The aim of the study is to determine and identify some phytochemicals present in the leaf, root and pods of C. viscosa.
1.5 objectives of the study
This study have the following objectives;
1. To determine phytochemicals presence in the root, leaves and pods of C. viscosa.
2. To evaluate the difference concentrations of the secondary metabolites in the root, leaves and pods of C. viscosa.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SURVEY OF PLANTS USED IN BEAUTY CARE AMONG THE FULANIS IN WAMAKKO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF SOKOTO STATE» ABSTRACT An ethnobotanical study of plants used in beauty care among the Fulani tribes uin Wamakko Local Government Area of Sokoto State was conducted...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECT OF COOPERATIVE LEARNING STRATEGY ON ATTITUDE AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF BIOLOGY STUDENTS OF DIFFERENT COGNITIVE STYLES IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERI...» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the effect of cooperative learning instructional strategy on the attitude and performance of SSII biol...Continue Reading »
3. DETERMINATION OF HARDNESS OF WELL WATER SUPPLY IN ENUGU METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF ASATA, COAL CAMP AND NEW HAVEN)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Hard water is water that has high mineral content; it is the water which will not readily for...Continue Reading »
4. AN INVESTIGATIVE STUDY ON THE VIEWS OF BIOLOGY STUDENTS ON THE PROBLEMS OF LABORATORY MANAGEMENT AND SAFETY IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Safety practice can be explained to mean the process of averting danger. According to advance lea...Continue Reading »
5. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF COMMINANTS ANS WATER QUALITY BETWEEN HAND DUG WELLS AND BOREHOLES IN RIGASA METROPOLIS KADUNA STATE NIGERIA.» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the study Technical and vocational education could be defined as those aspects of education process involving in ...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF XYLENE ON THE BIOCHEMICAL AND PHYSICOCHEMICAL PROPERTIES AND ALGAL DYNAMICS IN A CULTURE» ABSTRACT The effect of xylene on the biochemical and physicochemical properties and algal dynamics in culture were investigated ex situ between May, 2...Continue Reading »
7. ABUNDANCE AND DIVERSITY OF BIRD SPECIES IN TREASURE OF THE UNIVERSE RESORT IN SABO AREA, KADUNA, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT This project was carried out to study the bird species abundance and diversity at the treasures of the universe, Sabo Kaduna Nigeria in order...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENT OF FLORAL COMPOSITION, STRUCTURE AND NATURAL REGENERATION OF THE TANO OFFIN GLOBALLY SIGNIFICANT BIODIVERSITY AREA» ABSTRACT Tano Offin Globally Significant Biodiversity Area (GSBA 178.34 km²) is a reserve within the Tano Offin Forest Reserve in the Ashanti Reg...Continue Reading »
9. AN INVESTIGATIVE STUDY ON THE VIEWS OF BIOLOGY STUDENTS ON THE PROBLEM OF LABORATORY MANAGEMENT AND SAFETY IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to find out the biology Teachers views on problems of laboratory management and safety in selected secondary sch...Continue Reading »
10. COMBINED EFFECT OF ETHANOL EXTRACT OF Mucuna urens (HORSE-EYE BEANS SEED) AND ETHANOL EXTRACT OF Zingiber officinale (GINGER RHIZOME) ON SPERM MOTILI...» LIST OF TABLES Tables Title Pages Table 2.1: Taxonomical Classification of Mucuna urens 7 Table 2.2: Mineral Composition of Mucuna urens 9 Table 2.3: ...Continue Reading »