Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study was conducted to determine the abundance of mosquito species within Sokoto metropolis. Three (3) locations, which are Danbuwa, Gobirawa and GidanIgwai, in three (3) Local Government Areas, namely; DangeShuni, Sokoto South and Sokoto North Local Government Areas respectively, were sampled out of the five (5) Local Government Areas that make up Sokoto Metropolis were sampled. A total of 341 Mosquitoes species belonging to two genera were collected. The genera identified are Anopheles and Culex. The number of Culex and Anopheles were 213(62.5%) and128(37.5%) respectively, showing a significant difference between the two genera. The total number of males was 194, representing 56.9% of the sample and a total number of females was 147, representing 43.1% of the total sample, showing a significant difference between the gender (P >0.05)
The total number of the engorged Mosquitoes collected were 57, representing 39% of the total sample, while the total number of the not engorged mosquitoes collected were 90, representing 61% of the total sample collected. There was no significant difference between the engorged and the not engorged mosquitoes P <0.05. The number of males recorded in Danbuwa area was more than the number of females. In Gobirawa area also, more males than females were recorded. Also in GidanIgwai area, the number of males recorded was more than the number of females. However, these values were insignificant (p<0.05).
Finally, only Danbuwa had more number of engorged females than the not engorged, the other two areas had lesser number of engorged than the not engorged. The values were, however, also insignificant (p<0.05).
The results of the study is of Public Health concern as the species of mosquitoes encountered have been known for the transmission of one form of disease or the other.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF COMMINANTS ANS WATER QUALITY BETWEEN HAND DUG WELLS AND BOREHOLES IN RIGASA METROPOLIS KADUNA STATE NIGERIA.» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the study Technical and vocational education could be defined as those aspects of education process involving in ...Continue Reading »
2. ABUNDANCE AND DIVERSITY OF BIRD SPECIES IN TREASURE OF THE UNIVERSE RESORT IN SABO AREA, KADUNA, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT This project was carried out to study the bird species abundance and diversity at the treasures of the universe, Sabo Kaduna Nigeria in order...Continue Reading »
3. IMPORTANCE OF IMPROVISTION IN TEACHING BIOLOGY TO SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT The aim of this research was to find out the importance of improvisation in teaching Biology in senior secondary school students in Sokoto me...Continue Reading »
4. A PRELIMINARY STUDY ON THE GASTROINTESTINAL HELMINTH PARASITES OF TOADS (Amietophyrnus regularis) IN NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE.» Amietophyrnus regularis a synonym of Bufo regularis is an amphibian in the family Bufonidae. Amietophyrnus regularis is commonly known as the African ...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF TEACHERS ATTITUDE AND SCHOOL ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENT IN BIOLOGY» ABSTRACT The study found out the relationship between teachers’ attitude, school environment and student’ academic performance in secondar...Continue Reading »
6. DETERMINATION OF HARDNESS OF WELL WATER SUPPLY IN ENUGU METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF ASATA, COAL CAMP AND NEW HAVEN)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Hard water is water that has high mineral content; it is the water which will not readily for...Continue Reading »
7. PRELIMINARY PHYTOCHEMICAL AND ANTIMICROBIAL SCREENING OF FLOWER AND STALK OF Mangifera indica (opioro mango)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Origin: Mango (Mangifera indica) (Opioro) is a native to Southern Asia especially Burma and Eastern India. It is a member...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECT OF COOPERATIVE LEARNING STRATEGY ON ATTITUDE AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF BIOLOGY STUDENTS OF DIFFERENT COGNITIVE STYLES IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERI...» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the effect of cooperative learning instructional strategy on the attitude and performance of SSII biol...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECTIVENESS OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING AND LEARNING BIOLOGY IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» ABSTRACT The purpose of the study is to examine the effectiveness of instructional material in teaching and learning of biology in Enugu South Local G...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study aimed at investigating the influx of unqualified teachers in teaching Biology in secondary school in Sokoto metropolis. With the v...Continue Reading »