Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study was conducted to find out the perception of students towards the introduction of credit in mathematics for admission into Office Technology and Management programme. The research study tried to find out the existing perception of students in Office Technology and Management, research questions were formulated from the purpose of the study. A set of questionnaires were drawn and analyzed using tables and percentages. A review of related literature was done and a total of fifty students randomly selected were involved in the study. Finally, it was recommended that parties and teachers should develop positive attitude in their children towards education and method of teaching should be revised.
BACKGROUND OF STUDY
The history of Nigeria education came about with the arrival of the early missionaries to Nigeria in the early 18th century.
The primary objective was to initially convert “Heathen” to Christianity through education knowledge of the bible and ability to communicate both orally and in writing. The missionaries therefore realized the importance of training the local teachers for the services of commercial and government enterprises.
Manager’s career dated back to 2001, according to Ibanga (2004). When Christopher shores invented the typewriter, the twin course, shorthand was also invented in the Roman empire two thousand years ago by Marcus Tillius this system was popular i.e. Was believed that it acted like a catalytic force that propelled the speed of the growth of the Roman Empire in as much as it enabled the writer to record words as fast as they were spoken. The system was taught to children of all classes and Roman Empire was quick to appreciate its value.
However, Nigeria education sector diagnosis saw the need to diversify opportunities for students to take account of secretarial studies and more credits are being demanded for certification in that programme.
Olori (2006) stated that manager’s runs a possibility of bringing changes in order to allow students increase the intensity or credit in mathematics. According to Lori (2006) it will equip students with knowledge and skills; they equip to operate on getting credits in English, Economics, Government, Principals of Account, Commerce and mathematics. Therefore, introducing this unit, the aim should be to instill in students a positive attitude towards the introduction of credit in mathematics especially into polytechnic trained Managers; Rivers State University of Science and technology became the first Nigeria University to embark upon the production high caliber managers. Through its Bachelor of Science Degree (BSC) programme in office technology and management modern in order to assist students with greater credit in mathematics. This supplements the efforts of the institute of chartered Secretaries and Administration (ICSA) in producing high class secretaries.
They have been innovations from its primitive standard to more sophisticated standard, such as the use of computer, typewriter, Electronic/Electric machines and others. Hence, the previous problem of having to restrain shorthand typist when they reach the top rank of their secretarial ladder in order to fit into the new role which have been effectively solved since the extensive business training in polytechnics as well as the Universities make assimilation of hobbies (activities) of ND, HND/BSC into the mainstream of administrations/managerial easier.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Recently, the school of information communication technology (ICT) Department saw it fit to introduce credit in mathematics into the curriculum of managers’ studies programme. They help to provide students with a foundation understanding of business and office management through a systematic study of mathematics. Some well informed Nigerians see this introduction as a step in the right direction towards improving the professional status of managers while others have speculated that this introduction will lead to high degree of failure and examination malpractice in the department which will in turn result in many dropouts and subsequent reduction in the number of students applying for admission into the programme.
The objective of this study is to find the perception of students towards the introduction of credit in mathematics into office technology and management. It aims specifically at finding out if the students have positive or negative perception towards credit in mathematics in term of feeling interest likes and dislikes.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The aim of this study was to determine the perception of students towards the introduction of credit in mathematics into office technology and management programme.
Specifically this study sought to;
1. To find out the extent to which students perceive mathematics as a difficult course.
2. To examine the extent to which poor mathematics background affects the performance of students.
3. Determine the extent to which the teaching method of the lecturers affects students’ performance.
4. Determine the extent to which inadequate instructional facilities affect students’ perception.
1. What perception should the students of office technology and management exhibit towards credit in mathematics?
2. What effect does poor mathematics background have on the performance of student?
3. What effect does the perception of credit in mathematics influence the student?
What effect do lecturers and methods of teaching have on students’ performance?
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
On completion of this research work, it is anticipated that the findings of this st5udy is expected to help the councilor in the accountability of his service to the students in the area and also to help the students to be well informed. As today, students have not been performing well in mathematics. This study will help them to tackle the problems.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is centered von the department of office technology and management of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri, Imo state. The findings of this investigation will therefore apply to bathes institutions if the limitation imposed on this study were those of finance, time, and material needed and other resources available at the time of this investigation
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The act of Communication is the most important of all human activities. Is a fact that all hu...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP AS A PANACEA FOR UNEMPLOYMENT REDUCTION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE)» ABSTRACT This research work examined the difficulties to the achievement of level of productivities and unemployment performance in the industries. Th...Continue Reading »
3. LEADERSHIP TRAITS REQUIRED OF SECRETARIES FOR ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY ABA AREA, ABIA STATE)» Abstract This research project looked into leadership traits required of secretaries. The questionnaire was the investment use to data collection. The...Continue Reading »
4. EMPLOYER’S EXPECTATIONS OF SECRETARIES IN AN AGE INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) DRIVEN BUSINESS OFFICES IN OWERRI» ABSTRACT This, study focuses on employers’ expectations of secretaries in an age of ICT driven business offices in Owerri. Four research questio...Continue Reading »
5. MARITAL STATUS AND OCCUPATION PERFORMANCE OF FEMALE SECRETARIES IN SELECTED MINISTRIES IN IMO STATE» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the marital status and occupation performance of female secretaries in selected ministries i...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work has been designed to look at the various roles played by secretaries in office administration and management and carefully investig...Continue Reading »
7. COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED OF SECRETARIES FOR EFFICIENT PERFORMANCE IN THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION OWERRI, IMO STATE» Abstract This project is aimed at finding out strategies for improving records management skill of secretaries in selected business organization in Ow...Continue Reading »
8. MODERN OFFICE EQUIPMENT USED BY OFFICE MANAGERS IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR ESTABLISHMENT WITH IMPLICATION ON SECRETARIAL TRAINING» ABSTRACT This research work was carried out to determine the office equipment used by managers in the private sectors establishment with implications ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work attempted to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must possess reference to ABC Transport Company Distric...Continue Reading »
10. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF MARRIED FEMALE OFFICE MANAGERS IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BANK)» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the problems and prospects of married female office managers in business organizations. The population consisted ...Continue Reading »