Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work is titled “a study of the effect of office environment for secretaries Job performance” identifying and employing possible techniques applicable and base on the result make recommendation and decision. However, the cause of these work the researcher review some relevant literature necessary for the work and duties were collected which include questionnaire, tax journal and other information circular. The data collected in the questionnaire were analyzed using simple percentage method and chi-square and the following were tested.
Hypothesis 1 How secretaries who work on an unsafe office environment makes a very clear distinction between fact and motion.
Every worker in various offices requires a good office environment for maximum productivity.
The offices, shops and Railway Premises ACT OF 1963 have a general provision of office environment. It enhances adequate floor space, and layout, adequate ventilation, adequate lighting, adequate furnishing, adequate security and safety etc.
These factors are temperature, humidity, lighting, office hour, remuneration, interaction etc. Affect work performance in one way or the other, indeed an uncomfortable or unpleasant office environment can have a negative effect on work in the form of decrease in productivity, increase in truancy, greater labour turnover etc.
A company or organization may recruit the best possible employees, train them very well in the skills required for the job, provide quality incentives and pay them well, but if the office environment is poor, the productivity will suffer.
It is therefore necessary that in attempting to make the best us of valuable human resources in the industries, we must be concerned with the environment in which we perform our functions. Of recent, there has been a general observation that most workers in the organizations are not very productive.
Oguniyi (1990). But productivity appears to depend on many factors, prominent among which I office environment. It has been shown that poor office environment can lead to low morale and low productivity. Given that this is so, what is the quality of office environment under which some of our secretary’s work? There does appear to have been a systematic investigation directed towards evaluating the quality of the office environment under which our workers carried out their jobs. Therefore to generate empirical data on the office environment of the workers employed by the stated establishment;
To survey the office environment of the workers in the selected educational institutions with the view to determining whether the office environment is such as can contribute to productivity. Specifically it will: Determine whether the workers have adequate office space, well furnished/decorated environment, office ventilation is adequate, well lit, noiseless, safe and also to determine the political environment which surrounds the work place of some workers in the office as prescribed by the offices, shops Railway Premises Act of 1963.
Background of the study
Over the year, it has been observed that environment forces pose a great influence on the performance of works. The provision of adequate physical learning environment like light, ventilation, flooring, noise reduction device to a great extent influence the performance of students if the classroom is not comfortable. It makes the student unhappy and induces mental strain, affect the mood, performance and productivity, which also affects the institutions adversely, effective use of the windows, door an skylight will sore eye.
Nwosu, (1993) postulated that to improve performance and higher productivity in the office, consideration must be given to the state of the following: lighting, cleanliness and management policies that trait student especially secretaries with fairness, provide then with recreational facilities. The provision of these entire in place for students learning will increase their performance.
The nature of the social learning environment to a great extent contributed to the performances of students. According to Azuka and Agomuo (1993) “good human relation has it’s basis on the biblical injunction often referred to as the golden rule which says “do unto them that you would like tem to do unto you”. In the institution where there is food human relation among the lecturers and the students, it will go a long way to contribute to their performance, but student will feel bad and demoralized where the environment is not free and conductive for them, this would affect their performance.
The availability of material resources for learning to a great extent influences the student’s performance. Since the role of secretary has shifted from typing of documents and writing of shorthand and to that of managers and administrators in modern times. According to Ohakwe, Idih and Chukwumezie (2002), the secretarial profession has been revolution as a result of the as a result of the advancement in computer technology computer, according to Biglon and Holmes (1992), are designed to enable secretaries to speedily create, manipulate and produce text. This is one part of the wider field of information processing of which entails taking information doing something with it (that is processing it) and then presenting it in a suitable from at the right time, so that decision can be made through it by the relevant individual. The introduction computer in some schools especially in Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri has posed a great challenge to every student not only secretarial students.
Specially, the school management has a great role in the performance of the learning of secretarial student by making the academic calendar convenient for student’s provision of adequate learning material for students to facilities their performance. The management should have exact number of students to be admitted in over to have adequate and proper materials for learning. If students were over populated in class and there were no enough materials for learning. It will have effect over their performance.
However, it has been notice that some lecturers are not being fixed at the appropriate time. In arranging for lecturers time table, human resources should be considered by knowing that human beings at any point in time gets to their saturated point when some lectures are being fixed at the time. Definitely the students can never comprehend and it would have effect over their performance.
Statement of the Problem
A close look at some classroom or environment within secretarial students study in Federal Polytechnic Nekede reveal a great deal of problems and show comings which lead to their performance.
The rate at which we experience deterioration of study environment is so alarming. This has become a major problem to students, staffs and management f the institution. It has been noted that most secretary students study in an environment that lack the necessary amenities and conditions such as good lighting systems proper ventilations, comfortable furniture, good human relation and good leadership style. These identities problems constitute the physical, social and management provokes and student learning environment, which if not adequate provided for, effect the performance of secretarial students.
The problem of the study therefore is to generate empirical data and document the environmental impacts on the performance of the secretarial students.
Purpose of the Study
The major objective of this study was to identify the effect of study environment on the performance of secretarial students. Specially it attempts to:
i. Identify the physical learning environmental under which secretaries’ student study in Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri study.
ii. Identify the material resources for learning and it effects on the student study in Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri.
iii. Identify the material resources for learning and it effects on the students.
iv. Identify the human resources for learning, it’s effects on the students performance.
i. To what extent would physical learning environment effect the performance of secretarial student?
ii. What are the physical learning and it affect on the student study in Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri?
iii. How would the availability of material resources for learning affect the performance of secretarial students?
iv. How would the school management improve on the learning of secretarial student?
v. To what extent would human resources for learning influence the performance of secretarial students.
Significance of this Study
This study is intended to serve as a guide to the management of Students’ Affairs Division, special conditions for effective performance of secretarial students.
It will equally being improvement on the performance of secretarial students that will ultimately lead to higher moral and productivity. It is also intended to serve as reference materials for researchers on the effect good and healthy environment has over the performance of secretarial student. It will be of great important to secretaries students in various levels as well other academician who may embark on researched on this particular may embark on research on this particular subject in future as they keep them in library for consultation.
It will also add to existing idea or theories on students’ condition of study with particular reference to environment and motivation in general.
Scope of the Study
Secretarial students have many problems facing them, but this study is restricted to determining effect of study environment on the performance of secretarial in Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri.
Limitation of the Study
Despite the limited scope of this research it was affected with certain constraints which are as follows:
1. Time: in research of this type, a lot of time is needed by given the short time allowed for this study; it was not possible to do al that was required and necessary.
2. Resources: For the reason that I have no source of my own income where to obtain funds, collect enough data the work, reduction was made in the quality of my work, but the research work will be at normal quality, which means that the research work will make sense.
3. Location: The researcher will be based on the information collection from the staff of Nigerian Environmental Protection Agency and the residence of ISEPA communication. These were a very big problem due to some certain factors, like moving from the company to the communication.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE PERCEPTION OF STUDENTS TOWARDS THE INTRODUCTION OF CREDIT IN MATHEMATICS FOR ADMISSION INTO OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT» Abstract This study was conducted to find out the perception of students towards the introduction of credit in mathematics for admission into Office T...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 265 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. THE ROLE OF THE INDUSTRY AND OTHER AGENCIES IN THE MANAGEMENT OF STUDENTS” INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE SCHEME (SIWES)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Industrial training otherwise known as students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is a skill acquisition program ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 256 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. EXAMINING PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP IN NIGERIA: POTENTIALS AND CHALLENGES (A CASE STUDY OF SOME LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS IN OSUN STATE)» ABSTRACT The transformation process of infrastructure development in most countries is often characterized by full government ownership of entities en...Continue Reading »
124 pages | 34 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. THE IMPACT OF MODERN OFFICE EQUIPMENT ON THE JOB PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES IN OWEERI MUNICIPAL, IMO STATE.» ABSTRACT This research was conducted to ascertain the impact of modern office equipment on the secretary’s performance in selected government es...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 267 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s national and international buiness world, information is a price less commod...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 226 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This research is aimed at evaluating the difficulties encountered by secretaries in handling modern office equipotent. It focused on the effe...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 280 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
7. COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED OF SECRETARIES FOR EFFICIENT PERFORMANCE IN THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION OWERRI, IMO STATE» Abstract This project is aimed at finding out strategies for improving records management skill of secretaries in selected business organization in Ow...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 257 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. A FOLLOW-UP STUDY ON THE PROFICIENCY FO THE NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) SECRETARIAL STUDIES GRADUATES OF THE FEDERAL POLYTECHNICS NEKEDE OWERRI» ABTRACT This work has been designed to look at the performance and jobs motivation and job satisfaction in five selected organizations and parastastal...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 284 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
9. THE EFFECT OF SECRETARIAL MANPOWER ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ESTABLISHMENT) AND MICHELIN NIGERIA LIMITED ENUGU» ABSTRACT This research work the effect of secretarial manpower is divided into five chapters, each chapter dealing with a particular aspect of his res...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 265 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The researcher aim at knowing the detail of office information an communication system skills needed by secretaries in today’s business...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 256 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES