Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The researcher aim at knowing the detail of office information an communication system skills needed by secretaries in today’s business. The work is divided into fire chapters the first chapter to works. Into the background of the study, statement of the study, purpose of the study, significance of the study, research question, and scope of the study.
The chapter two bring about the review of related literature, on office information and communication system skill need by secretaries in today’s business and authors name. The chapter three aims of finding the solution to some specific problems. The research methodogy, design of the study, area of the study, population of the study, sample technique instrument of data collection, validation of the instrument, method of data collection, method of data analysis.
The chapter four present the data collected in the course of the research not is the data presentation analysis and discussion of findings.
In chapter five, the whole chapter was by marine, were drawn.
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The process of information today has greatly improved as well as widened both in meaning and in scope by constant improvements in the field of technology unlike in the by gone years. Offices are now equipped with how modern electronic machine.
At the turn of the century most written information was compiled by hand, in pen and ink, copies were made by hand, an communication was by letter, telegraph or in person. Today most of the tedious functions related to information handling and processing and done through the computer and telecommunication systems, these systems have evolved to the point where a manager can be in touch with his business form his or her home, car or in mid-flight
Managing information is one of the most challenging tasks facing most business offices today, be it private public, government or multo-national corporations. Recants innovations information technology have necessitated the need for constant review of new technical method and equipment in information processing. This will also result in constant review of our information processing system. This new innovations should help keep the business information system current and every accurate so that quality decisions can be made at every level.
Today, the outcome of technology is newspaper less office occasioned by office information and communication system with the tools of information and communication system such as E-mail, internet, fax telex, telephone, world wide web (www) and video conferencing the etc. office and services have become much easier, faster, and satisfaction the world has turned into a computer age, through the element of office information and communication system. It was and is still the key enabler to this new way of working that has transformed the landscape of todays business (Umunnah, 2003) .
In the view of O. bring (2002) office information and communication system is the use of microelectronic equipment for processing information and communication. Information and communication system is the discipline encompassing computer systems, telecommunication networks and multi- media application, little wonder Ojukwu and Ojukwu, (2002) defined the term as the acquisition processing, storage, and dissemination. Of vocal pictorial textual and numerical information by microelectronic based on combination of computing and telecommunication. Office information and communication system are advantageous in changing workers attitude to work especially the secretaries investablishign efficiency in communication, in profit, in operating new jobs and effective in mass education. In deed, office work would have been cumber some and organization goals and objective unattainable without the tools of office information and communication system.
There is need that current development in the area of office information and communication system, should be investigated with view of identifying skills that should be infused onto today’s secretaries.
This is necessary so as to bridge the gap between institutional training and work place demands for specific skill o3 brim (2002) urged business and office educators to use appropriate methodology to discover what requirement and abilities (ie skill) are needed by secretaries in the todays business to respond technological advances in the collection, processing, storage and retrieval of information he opined that the new ability requirements should be converted into educational objectives in forma of performance goals that explicitly and unambiguously described jobs and task in the business of today.
The need for secretaries to posses skills in handling office information and communication system for effective job performance in the business of today cannot be over emphasized no business of today can function or flourish effectively with out proper application of office information and communication systems in this period of sophisticated information and communication technologies and succeed in face at stuff competitions from rivalries in todays business. So far that these office information and communication system are indispensable for efficient management information and communication , therefore, the secretary’s skills are the major determinate to the level of success to be achieved in the applicator of these system.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The sophistication of office information and communication systems no doubt has crated a lot of problems that need to be taken care of . for all types of organization to succeed in today’s rapidly changing environment , they need to be able to process data and use information effectively. In conducting their day- to-day operations, organizations use information for functions such as planning, controlling organizing and decision making. For instance most secretaries in todays business cannot operate modern equipment that is used or found in the office today. For example faxing, E-mailing, and sourcing for information in the web, securing information by using password.
Therefore the problem of this study is to ascertain the office information and communication system skills needed by secretaries in today’s business.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of this study is to investigate on the basic office information and communication system skills needed by secretaries in todays business.
Concisely, this study seek to ascertain the following such as.
1. To identify the office information and communication system skills needed by secretaries in today’s business for operating fax machine.
2. To determine the telephone skills needed by secretaries in today’s business.
3. To find out the telecommunication skills needed by secretaries in today’s business.
4. To assess the skills needed by secretaries on computer/word processing operation.
5. To analyze the communication system skills needed by secretaries in the operation of internet relay chart and video conferencing.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is hoped that this study will be great benefits to management in business organization and government parasites, as it will make them identify know more about office information and communication system skills required in any modern business organization.
Many, if not most business uses computer to process data into useful information. There are few modern offices which have not introduced some aspects of compute operations into their information processing tasks. It is therefore very likely thatm upon entering the business environment the secretary will be required to use a compute to interact with her company’s computer-based information system to perform many of her processing tasks.
Therefore, it is crucial that successful office information and communication system skills should enhance the qualify of work life for a majority
Of employees while facilitating business processes. Secretaries cannot be complacent and rely on their basic office skills. The ability to be corner sant will computer, word processing , desktop publishing equipment, data-base, spread sheets, computer application and future innovation will be an essential requirement needed.
1. What office information and communication system skills needed by secretaries in today’s business for operating fax machine?
2. What E-mail skills is needed secretaries in today’s business?
3. What telecommunication skills needed by secretaries in today’s business?
4. What are the skills needed by secretaries in computer/ word processing operation?
5. What communication system skills needed by secretaries in the operation of internet relay chart and video conferencing.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study aims at convening the office information and communication system skills needed by secretaries in today’s business.The study covers the entire Owerr using selected corporate business establishment both public and private organization.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This project work attempted to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must possess reference to ABC Transport Company Distric...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 271 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. ELECTRONIC OFFICE EQUIPMENT USED BY SECRETARIES IN MODERN BUSINESS OFFICES IMPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT OF SECRETARIES.» ABSTRACT This study examined the Electronic Office Equipment used by secretaries in modern Office. The purpose of this study is to determine the elect...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 422 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. THE EFFECT OF SECRETARIAL MANPOWER ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ESTABLISHMENT) AND MICHELIN NIGERIA LIMITED ENUGU» ABSTRACT This research work the effect of secretarial manpower is divided into five chapters, each chapter dealing with a particular aspect of his res...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 289 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. THE CHALLENGES FACED BY SECRETARIES IN A MORDEN OFFICE (A CASE STUDY OF SOME ORGANIZATION OWERRI URBAN COUNCIL)» ABSTRACT This research study focuses on an investigation into the challenges faced by secretaries in selected Ministries in Imo State. Specifically, f...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 312 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
5. A FOLLOW-UP STUDY ON THE PROFICIENCY FO THE NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) SECRETARIAL STUDIES GRADUATES OF THE FEDERAL POLYTECHNICS NEKEDE OWERRI» ABTRACT This work has been designed to look at the performance and jobs motivation and job satisfaction in five selected organizations and parastastal...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 413 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. ANALYSES OF THE EFFECT OF BOSS/SECRETARY RELATIONSHIP ON STAFF MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCTIVITY IN SELECTED ESTABLISHMENT IN OWERRI IMO STATE» ABSTRACT This project on “Analyses of the effect of Boss/Secretary Relationship on Staff Management and Productivity in Selected Establishment i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 396 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
7. COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED OF SECRETARIES FOR EFFICIENT PERFORMANCE IN THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION OWERRI, IMO STATE» Abstract This project is aimed at finding out strategies for improving records management skill of secretaries in selected business organization in Ow...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 294 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. MARITAL STATUS AND OCCUPATION PERFORMANCE OF FEMALE SECRETARIES IN SELECTED MINISTRIES IN IMO STATE» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the marital status and occupation performance of female secretaries in selected ministries i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 286 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This research is aimed at evaluating the difficulties encountered by secretaries in handling modern office equipotent. It focused on the effe...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 380 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The researcher aim at knowing the detail of office information an communication system skills needed by secretaries in today’s business...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 283 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES